Customer Discussions > Religion forum

I REALLY wish that Atheists would just give it a rest...

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 5726-5750 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 12:50:48 PM PDT
D. Thomas says:
I've tried to explain it to him, to no avail. We're dealing with the invincibly ignorant here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 12:52:42 PM PDT
D. Thomas says:
Wow! You actually know how to do a google search. You are SO advanced.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 12:53:08 PM PDT
Joe W says:
Face it. You are arguing against a position that no one actually holds. You are making up fictional positions that you feel comfortable arguing against, assigning those products of your imagination to other people, then chastising them for for it. All so you can declare yourself the winner. I guess it is easier for you to understand the things that you imagine about others than what other people really think, but its not getting you anywhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:02:54 PM PDT
D. Thomas says:
You said you went to Purdue. The real Michael Olivieri went to Loyola University Of Chicago.

We've always known that you're a liar. Now we know that you're an impostor too.

Report abuse.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 1:10:06 PM PDT
MJO says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:27:18 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 22, 2012 3:16:14 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 1:41:40 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 27, 2012 9:41:50 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 2:25:12 PM PDT
MJO says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 2:25:52 PM PDT
D. Thomas says:
No, the websites with Dr. Olivieri's educational background have made it quite clear that you're not him. And that you're a fraud.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 2:29:32 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 22, 2012 3:58:00 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 2:34:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 2:36:40 PM PDT
D. Thomas says:
Funny how you started by saying you went to Purdue, and then switched to Loyola when you decided to pretend to be Dr. Olivieri.

And funny how you call Loyola a "Christian University/Hospital" when it calls itself a "Catholic Jesuit" university. And its associated hospital is Gottlieb Memorial, not Loyola University Hospital.

No Jesuit instructor would put up with you being in his classroom for five minutes.

And no doctor with advanced training in psychiatry would misuse the term "anal" in such a way.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 2:36:22 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 22, 2012 3:58:46 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 2:41:58 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 22, 2012 5:42:47 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 4:44:00 PM PDT
King's Kid says:
Not my kid, not my choice. I'm sure there are satanists out there with children teaching them that. Part of living in America is that no matter how reprehensible I find your words or beliefs I can't keep you from saying/having them. This doesn't mean I can't try to reason with you, protest, argue or whatever might prove most effective in convincing you of your egregious error in judgement. And I should; if I think I'm right and that you being wrong might hurt you or someone else I'd be forced to.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 4:45:34 PM PDT
King's Kid says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 5:11:02 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 22, 2012 5:45:04 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 6:02:53 PM PDT
brunumb says:
Since we were out of milk and I took the name of the lord in vain, it must have been Jesus.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 6:24:58 PM PDT
D. Thomas says:
"Forced" to hurt me or someone else? Watch out. I don't think Amazon allows threats.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 7:43:03 PM PDT
MJO says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 4:23:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 23, 2012 4:24:01 AM PDT
>>>MJO says:
Since you made libelous comments about me without merit on a public forum, I have already talked to a close friend of mine who is an attorney .......<<<

I would really like to hear your "attorney" friend's description of what was said here about you that constitutes libel, and grounds for a law suit.

He must be the same sort of "attorney" that you are a 'doctor'.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 4:59:50 AM PDT
King's Kid says:
No, forced to try to reason with you, protest, argue or whatever might prove most effective in convincing you of your egregious error in judgement.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 5:01:20 AM PDT
King's Kid says:

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 10:14:48 PM PDT
Severin says:
I've spent the last couple of hours reading these posts, many had me laughing. Now I see that Amazon is starting to delete postings so it's getting heated. If this were a "reality" show it would be the first one I'd watch.

I've always thought of faith as a shortcut to thinking. I've even met Christians who thought that having an open mind is a bad thing since it's how Satan gets to you. If you must have faith to understand then there is no real understanding. Evidence from scripture is just belief in a book, a very flawed book in my opinion. You can't even get a consensus on which is the correct way to baptize or on the correct version of the Lord's prayer. Starting with the creation there are multiple versions listed, check the order of creation. I've pointed out contradictions to a minister and all he could answer was "It's symbolic." Analytical thinking will get you nowhere when it comes to religion.

As for the big bang vs. creationism or ID did anyone see the Stephen Hawking program on Discovery last week regarding this subject? He concluded that because the law of time did not exist at the instant our universe came into being there was no time for a god to create it. He also concluded that there is no heaven or hell, no afterlife, we only have our current existence and we should make the most of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 3:26:33 AM PDT
Theo says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 4:11:40 AM PDT
Severin says:
Theo, it's not my opinion, it's a conclusion based on science from one of the smartest men ever born. I appreciate that you are in the full blush of religious fervor but that doesn't mean that faith grants you all the answers. It's just arrogant to think that you have found the one true faith, that your view is the correct one, especially when it's not based on reason or fact. Scripture is not fact or evidence, it's your subjective viewpoint. If the Bible is the one true word of God why are there so many different versions of it? Why are there so many different understandings of it? Why the hundreds of different Christian sects?

I don't mind if people delude themselves with religion if it makes them a better person. Many good works have been done in the name of religion but also many neutral and bad acts. Sunday in this country tends to be the most divided day of the week because religion is divisive. People take it very personally because their belief is part of what makes them who they are. Any challenge to the religion is a challenge to the person and their view of the world.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  242
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 28, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions