Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Religious Fiction forum

Religious Fiction books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 28, 2006 9:10:05 AM PDT
Well, one book of spiritual or religious fiction is Master of the Jinn: A Sufi Novel. It is fiction, but woven around the Sufi path of love.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2006 12:09:15 AM PDT
Hmmm, Jinn, that's interesting, since we do not have that in the Christian religion, will check it out eventually, always found the idea of Jinn fascinating--am I correct that Muslims say Satan (Iblis) is a Jinn rather than a fallen angel? For Christian fiction, by the way, I recommend Randy Singer for those who like legal thrillers.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2006 9:34:49 PM PDT
You are correct that Muslims consider Satan, or Iblis a Jinn, who was beautiful as a young Jinni and taken and raised by the angels, until he was of a high station among them and became a favorite of God. There is a lot on him on the web. And thanks for the suggestion of Randy Singer :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2006 2:56:02 PM PST
thanks for the reply, so very interesting

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2006 4:10:38 PM PST
I'm not religious, but that sufi stuff is often VERY beautiful

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2007 1:48:30 PM PDT
Type in The Convention by Jeff Travis. An excellent spiritual mystery thriller, with God at the heart of the book.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2007 12:52:02 PM PDT
I'm a budding author trying to get my book off the ground. If you are interested in religious fiction or fantasy then take a look at "A Zion Chronicle: Legend of the Archangel." Not to be confused with Bodie Theone's "The Zion Chronicles" series. AZC:LOTA is a fictional acount of the war in Heaven, the fall of Lucifer, and the rise of Archangel Michael. It's a quick read that strives to be both entertaining and thought provoking. You may view a site dedicated to the book and me, the author, at www.publishedauthors.com/igramsey. This book is made available through a variety of online booksellers such as barnesandnoble.com, http://amazon.com, and cokesbury.

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 12:31:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 10, 2012 12:32:30 PM PDT
Nancy Hunter says:
Crisis of FaithThere's a new religious fiction book coming out soon called 'Crisis of Faith' that looks good. It's being touted as a 'Da Vinci Code'-like suspense thriller! http://progressplanet.com/crisis-of-faith-book/

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:45:00 AM PST
Hello my name is James, I have a new Christian fiction suspense book that I beleive you all would enjoy. Please check out my links for the e-book and paperback version. Also you can visit my website www.jameswowensjr.com.

The Breed
The Breed (Volume 1)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:15:34 PM PST
The idea is certainly intriguing. I wrote an allegory of the church using a handicapped mother as the church. It's set in the 1700's and is patterned a bit like "Pilgrim's Progress." It's called "The Faraway Land," and is also available through Amazon and Barnes and Noble. It's also on Kindle. I'll ask for your book at my local Barnes and Noble. Good luck! D.G. McDaniel

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 9:55:26 AM PST
My latest book of religious fiction: Why Would She Lie about Turtles? is now available at Amazon. The central character wavers between religious belief and unbelief. In times of belief, he is undercut by Spinoza, the seventeenth-century philosopher, whose philosophy helped to bring to an end the theocracy of the Middle Ages; in times of unbelief, he is undercut by an inclination - seemingly congenital - to believe, and by a hunch - seemingly intuitive - that there might be something more than the material universe. His character takes on "everyman" overtones. -Edward Makuta

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 2:26:52 PM PST
Iola says:
Considering how bad The Da Vinci Code was, this is hardly a recommendation.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 9:43:17 AM PST
#6of11 says:
And the Shadows Dim and it's sequel, A Whisper of the Sun is free for download at Amazon starting at midnight tonight for 24 hours.....appreciate feedback if you read them....:)

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 11:44:52 AM PST
Mikey says:
Fallen Pieces: Forgiveness on the Farm
This book is an excellent fiction story that will make you consider how far a man will go to forgive. (or how far he wont)
A modern day Job, Timothy looses nearly everything.
Taste his tears, feel his pain and celebrate his victories.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 4:24:27 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 15, 2013 8:51:50 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 4:25:10 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 15, 2013 8:52:03 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Religious Fiction forum (29 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religious Fiction forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Aug 28, 2006
Latest post:  Feb 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions