Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation
Customer Discussions > Rock forum

Answer a question with a song title - We're still playing!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 11, 2012 12:18:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 12:23:56 PM PDT
Up 2 Late says:
Did anyone check to make sure bZ's alligator wasn't in that pool BEFORE you put "The Fish" in? - Yes [The band, not the answer]

I was waiting till we all got settled in before I posted this:
Too funny......

Microsoft vs. GM:

At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated: "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving twenty-five dollar cars that got 1000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: if GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:
1. For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.
2. Every time they painted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.
3. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn, would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to re-install the engine.
4. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run on five percent of the roads.
5. New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.
6. Occasionally for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key, and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
7. GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50 percent or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the Justice Dept.
8. Every time GM introduced a new model, car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
9. You'd press the "start" button to shut off the engine.

Courtesy of DigitalDreamDoor.com

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 12:29:29 PM PDT
K. Eddleman says:
Hilarious - Stolo

JBug, that was a nice save. We love the Edit button, don't we?

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 3:36:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 3:38:39 PM PDT
fartissimo says:
"Edit The Sad Parts" for sure - Modest Mouse

Hey, I'm heading to the pool, last one in is a rotten egg....are the pool and hot tub clothing optional?

Posted on May 11, 2012 3:44:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 3:48:07 PM PDT
Up 2 Late says:
"Don't You Remember" what doodah said? You better look before you leap.... - Adele

Do we need to assign a lifeguard?

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 3:59:16 PM PDT
fartissimo says:
I'll "Do It", I'm a CPR certified professional! - Pink Fairies

Did anyone bring a whistle and sunscreen?

Posted on May 11, 2012 4:13:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 4:20:17 PM PDT
Up 2 Late says:
Oops, sorry. "I Forgot to Remember to Forget" - Elvis

Re: clothing optional - as long as you're not a "Skinny Sweaty Man", I say go for it, dude. - RHCP

You'll be alright. Kinda cloudy, isn't it? Or you could just wait and take a moonlight swim?

Posted on May 12, 2012 2:03:37 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Feb 8, 2013 4:46:03 AM PST]

Posted on May 12, 2012 3:16:52 PM PDT
SLAYER® says:
Won't Be Missing You by J.Rhodes & Ni Taylor

if you turned around what do you see?

Posted on May 12, 2012 3:47:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2012 3:53:11 PM PDT
Up 2 Late says:
I fear there may be a "Serial Killer" lurking about in the new place :( - Cold
JBug and I are singing "Hymns for the Missing" -Red

What the hell happened here last night?

JBug get well soon!!! I/we already miss you. If I only knew where the rest of us were???

Slayer: Show a little compassion pleeeeease!! In our house when someone says "please' that means you gotta do it ;)

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 5:45:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2012 6:04:43 PM PDT
bZ says:
don't want to...talk...about...it. but,

"have you seen your mother, baby, standing in the shadows"? - stones

(i think you're not getting much action because nobody's tracking the group yet)

Posted on May 12, 2012 5:53:10 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 12, 2012 8:45:44 PM PDT]

Posted on May 13, 2012 5:37:10 AM PDT
SLAYER® says:
I think y'all are using too much mindless chit-chat and NOT playing the game.
Nobody wants to read a bunch of BS and then tring to figure which part is the game.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 9:12:05 AM PDT
MetalMike says:
Thank You Slayer, I found this thread recently and have tried to play along. But it's not user friendly. Very hard to find the next question. It takes more than just starting a thread to make it successful. I know. I worked my thread for years. "Song Title Tag" has now had over 280,000 posts and has lasted more than 6 years. And it is usually at the top of the list every day. I wish you good luck. Peace

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 10:15:58 AM PDT
fartissimo says:
You guys are entitled to your opinion, but the original thread which just maxed out at 10,000 posts, had 469 participants, making it the most popular thread in the Rock Forum. The song and album title tag threads, which I participate in, may have more posts, but far fewer participants. This thread offers the unique ability to carry on a spirited and humorous conversation in addition to the traditional tagging, which in my opinion, makes it far more interesting and less monotonous than the title tag threads.

Posted on May 13, 2012 10:25:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 10:56:42 AM PDT
Up 2 Late says:
"I'm Sorry" you guys are unhappy with the game - Flyleaf

Should we take a poll to see if others feel the same?

SLAYER & MetalMike: As a rule we try to post the answer and question first. any "mindless BS" is usually posted after, so if you don't want to read the BS you can skip it and play on.
Also, I am not so much concerned with # of posts or staying at the top of the list, as I am with people having fun while they're here. That's why there aren't specific 'rules' posted.
Many of the players have been here a long time and have established a relationship of sorts and if they want to have a conversation that's okay with me. Actually, I am probably the one most guilty of posting a lot of the BS you mention. Some of the conversations posted by others have been some of the most entertaining parts of the game.
I would like to keep the game as 'user friendly' as possible. I would also like to mention, we always try to welcome new players and include them in the 'conversation'.
So in all fairness I think we should pose the question to others here......Do you like the game as it stand now, or should we go back to how the game started and limit it to a question and an answer only???

Posted on May 13, 2012 11:20:02 AM PDT
B-Jak says:
Farti and Up2- "I'm With You" - Ed Kuepper

The conversational tone is exactly why I like this post so much. If you don't like it, why don't you go somewhere else?

Posted on May 13, 2012 12:09:23 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Feb 8, 2013 4:48:10 AM PST]

Posted on May 13, 2012 12:15:49 PM PDT
MetalMike says:
I must answer .....

I never said I unhappy or didn't like the thread , cause I do.
I also never stated anything about the "BS". The chit chat between posters is what makes the thread fun to come back to again and again. I've made hundreds of friends on these forums talking about everything under the sun.

I was greeted very nicely after just a few posts and think I even said thanks. My post was nothing more than an observation based on one of the posts saying Where is every one ?

Instead of bashing opinions and telling them to like it or Go somewhere else. Maybe you should just listen and not be so aggressively argumentive. It is only a game on some internet site. It's Mothers Day. Can't we all get along ?

Posted on May 13, 2012 12:33:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 1:20:02 PM PDT
Up 2 Late says:
MetalMike: That was my "Bad" - U2

Allow me to retort?

I was addressing you AND SLAYER [my mistake, I should have addressed each separately I guess]. The 'BS' referrence was to SLAYER's comments. From your reply, I assumed you were in agreement with him.
There are plenty of threads out there for people to bash each other. I don't want this to be one of them. But I must also say EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion [at least here anyway] no matter how strong that opinion is. B-Jak's was just getting straight to the point. No one is forcing anyone to be here if they don't like the way the game is played.

This comment is for SLAYER specifically: I know everyone here has tried to 'work with you' on this thread. Some of your posts have been unconventional and even rude on occasion, but they have been accepted or overlooked. I think that might have triggered a response. We try to be patient with you, but if it's just not your 'cup of tea' then why are you here? I'm not being sarcastic, I'd really like to know.

So I just say we all get over it and have some fun.....

Group hug??????

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 12:46:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 12:47:15 PM PDT
fartissimo says:
Sounds good to me, nothing better than being "Smothered In Hugs" - Guided By Voices

I think this is an example of allowing one person's negativity to "Snowball" and affect the whole group, isn't that what the Ignore button is for? ;) - Devo

Happy Mother's Day! Glad to see you back JBug, how's the wrist doing?

Posted on May 13, 2012 12:57:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 1:02:36 PM PDT
JBug says:
farti, thanks. "No Sign of Improvement" yet. ~Nasum

I should only be reading, but I had to chime in. Is there anything slower than a one-handed typist?

{{{group hug}}}

Posted on May 13, 2012 1:12:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 1:16:12 PM PDT
Up 2 Late says:
Might as well face it, you're "Addicted" to us! - Simpl Plan

Have you seen a doctor?

farti, B-Jak, & JBug: thanks for 'having my back'.
Boy, this 'new mother' thing is HARD work, I'm exhausted ;)

Posted on May 13, 2012 1:26:23 PM PDT
MetalMike says:
Yes, I have seen a doctor but I'm still " Too Ugly To Be In Show Business " - Frank Zappa

Up2Late , Thanks . I didn't mean to be the straw that broke the threads back.

Where is all the love ?

Posted on May 13, 2012 1:41:09 PM PDT
B-Jak says:
I didn't mean to be rude. I was just trying to be "Quick and to the Pointless"  - Queens of the Stoneage

No offense, MM. As far as SLAYER, he seems rather unperturbed by rudeness. Will you stick around?

Posted on May 13, 2012 1:45:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 1:57:03 PM PDT
Up 2 Late says:
Oops, "I'm Sorry" B-Jak! - Flyleaf [are your toes okay?]

Aren't we a lovely bunch?

No worries Mike! :D We ain't broke, we were just badly bent for a minute there.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Rock forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Rock forum
Participants:  109
Total posts:  6647
Initial post:  May 11, 2012
Latest post:  5 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions