Did anyone check to make sure bZ's alligator wasn't in that pool BEFORE you put "The Fish" in? - Yes [The band, not the answer]
I was waiting till we all got settled in before I posted this:
Microsoft vs. GM:
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated: "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving twenty-five dollar cars that got 1000 miles to the gallon."
In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: if GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:
1. For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.
2. Every time they painted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.
3. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn, would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to re-install the engine.
4. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run on five percent of the roads.
5. New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.
6. Occasionally for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key, and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
7. GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50 percent or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the Justice Dept.
8. Every time GM introduced a new model, car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
9. You'd press the "start" button to shut off the engine.
Courtesy of DigitalDreamDoor.com
Recent discussions in the Rock forum
|Album Title Tag 9||1943||23 minutes ago|
|Song Title Tag XVIII||5460||25 minutes ago|
|Answer A Song With A Song III||5495||1 hour ago|
|What is your favorite "instrumental" for today?||630||4 hours ago|
|Jazz & Beyond reinterpretation of Pink Floyd's The Dark Side Of The Moon||3||5 hours ago|
|Great Singles that Didn't Make the Top 40||64||5 hours ago|
|bob dylan happy 75th birthday||4||5 hours ago|
|Forgotten Collaborations||69||6 hours ago|
|Autobiographical songs||25||1 day ago|
|** Songs you really enjoy by FEMALE singers **||5182||1 day ago|
|Same Name: Artist, Album, Song||54||2 days ago|
|does anyone know what become of RAMATAM guitarist APRIL LAWTON?||20||3 days ago|