Customer Discussions > Rock forum

Favorite live music concert of 2012

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 140 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 26, 2012 3:25:30 PM PDT
A. Strong says:
Attended a Neil Young & Crazy Horse show in August and my ears are still ringing!

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 8:29:49 AM PDT
vivazappa says:
Going to see NEIL on November 30th...I really like the new record...Psychedellic Pill.
I went out during Hurricane Sandy to pick it up!!!
A man's got to have his priorities.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 8:56:43 AM PDT
zlh67 says:
Good call Viva. Stock up on the essentials in case it gets bad:

- bottled water
- canned goods
- batteries for flashlight (and jam-box!)
- new Neil Young

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 10:09:47 AM PDT
Fischman says:
I've seen Lacuna Coil twice this year. The second show, where they were the headliner, was exceptional, including one whole acoustic set. It was amazing how well some of their metal transitioned to the more intimate setting and feel.

The first time was as part of the Gigantour, where the surprising Volbeat was the highlight (Megadeth was the headliner and Motorhead didn't play as Lemme was under the weather that day--major disappointment). Whether or not it was the "best" music didn't seem to matter, Volbeat were just plain fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 10:51:51 AM PDT
Fischman-I saw Lacuna Coil on Gigantour in LA and they were great. I then saw them as headliners in San Diego and Anaheim and was even more impressed. Too bad about not getting to see Motorhead. Live is the best way to experience Motorhead. Volbeat was lame. The crowd had gone to sleep until they played the intro to Slayer's Raining Blood. The crowd ignited and was ready to go and they didnt finish the song. First time I saw Lacuna Coil was at Ozzfest back in 04 or 05 and theyve always impressed me.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 11:26:29 AM PDT
vivazappa says:
zlh:
On 9-11 I had just dropped off a friend at Dulles airport when the whole thing started.
After I dropped him off (he thought he would still be able to get a flight) I quickly and headed to Tower so I could pick up Dylan's "Love and Theft".
My wife had to fight the traffic mess to pick him back up.
I was listening to Bob when they got back.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 12:04:45 PM PDT
zlh67 says:
As I'm sure you know, Viva, crisis management *always* comes down to how well you PLANNED for it, and it sounds like you've got it down!

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:15:06 AM PDT
vivazappa says:
Yeah especially when those mishaps happen on a Tuesday morning ;)

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 11:38:37 AM PDT
Anyone seen Little Feat & Leon Russell on their current tour? I'm a fan of both but having seen Leon since 1976 and Little Feat,one of my favorite bands when Lowell was alive,since 1986.I've got tickets for this sunday 11-4-12 and was wondering.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 12:13:36 PM PDT
vivazappa says:
I saw Feat on NYE last December. They played all of Waiting For Columbus...what can I say...awesome.
I didn't realize Feat and Leon are together...gotta find out about that one!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:44:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 10:49:22 AM PST
It looks like Leon is joining Little Feat for only 6 shows in the next two weeks,and they are all in the Northeast.
P.S.
Went to the concert in Port Chester NY last night with out checking The Capital Theaters website,CANCELLED because of Hurricane Sandy.Future date to be determined.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:32:07 AM PST
- says:
The Who Nov.5,2012; Atlanta GA

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:03:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 9:17:39 AM PST
Please tell us about The Who show.How did Roger sound?,what songs were played as encores?Energy level high?

I'm going 12-5-12 MSG and I'm starting to get excited.

This will be the 8th time seeing them ,including three shows in july '74 when they toured Quadrophenia,but have never seen it performed from "I am The Sea" thru "Love,Reign O'er Me".

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:13:15 PM PST
X

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:04:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 10:51:20 AM PST
gdtunes says:
- , yes please tell if you enjoyed the Who concert. I have tix for the Feb. concert in San Diego. This will only be my 4th concert with Roger and Pete. I have missed some great ones.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:33:59 AM PST
vivazappa says:
I headed to see Pete 'n Rog tonight in DC...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:58:33 AM PST
ROCK ON!!! No doubt you will tell us all about it tommorow.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:59:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 7:59:32 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Yep!...and without giving it away...

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 10:03:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 10:05:52 AM PST
- says:
The Who put on an excellent show in Atlanta and it will only get better. The bad Roger forgot a few lyrics and had a fight with his earpiece. Roger's voice was pretty good for an almost 70 year old. He belted Love Reign and Who Are You. I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to live shows. I do like to hear good music and be entertained. The visuals were awesome with tributes to Keith and John. They played Quadrophenia straight thru then continued on into Baba O'Reily, Behind Blue Eyes, The Kids Are Alright,Who Are you, Won't Get Fooled Again, and Tea and Theatre. The rhythym section did a good job as did Pete's Brother Simon. There are some reviews on The Who's website as well as the setlists from various shows. Oh yeah! This was my first time seeing them unfortunately.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 10:37:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 11:29:27 AM PST
gdtunes says:
-, Thanks for that 'teaser', glad to hear you enjoyed the Atlanta show. I wouldn't of thought I would be seeing Pete and Roger again in a live show in 2012.

vivazappa, looking forward to you 'spilling it all' here manana. ENJOY!

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:33:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 7:13:01 AM PST
vivazappa says:
The Who--Washington DC
-Opening act...never saw them...we were up top and our seats were at the extreme side of the stage...never went to them, so what else is new I am hardly ever in my assigned seat. If you have ever been late to a show I'm the guy who has to leave your seat and go find someone else's. We were hanging out in the hall and a woman who worked there came up and asked us if we "wanted to go downstairs"...so she switched our tickets to the lower level about 10 rows up from the floor and about 2/3 of the way back!
Best opening act I never saw!

THE WHO--
-Loud!!!
-2 hours 15 minutes.
-Great use of visuals.
-They worked out the cobwebs for the first couple of songs then the Punk starts up and Roger punts the first verse. PETE looks over as Rog has started with verse two. PETE justs shakes his head and sings his vocals in line with Rog's flub.
-Simon (singing excellent lead vocals on this tune) then pulls Roger's stunt on the first verse of Cut My Hair. Roger turns and laughs at him.
-They absolutley tear up each song, horns, keys everyone!
-5:15 is a highlight...extended to let The Ox play a bass solo on the overhead screen.
-Bell Boy makes the same move and has Moonie on the screen playing drums.
-Love Reign O'er Me ends the show as another highlight.
-Roger's vocals are strong once again like his Tommy tour 2 years ago.
-PETE windmills his @$$ off.
-Zak is great...as he always is.
-Pino is in the dark. They gotta get a light on him more than just a few times.
-Hits encore is exactly the tunes you think would be there. Think CSI...
-My friend thought it was better than The Wall which he saw this year. It's kind of a push for me on that one. I saw Thick as a Brick and as far as seeing whole records played this year that was my favorite. Los Lobos Kiko was also excellent. Overall a great year for full records. Come on Stones...PLAY EXILE!
-My wife loved Roger's tanned muscled chest! I can't argue that one, he looks pretty good for an old geezer. Far better than say...Percy Plant.
-The last thing PETE said to the crowd "That's what you get if you're a deaf c--t." If that is the last time I see him that was a helluva way to go out!

5 stars for Oo' fans...
4 1/2 stars for the average fan...
4 stars for Oo' haters...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 11:04:27 AM PST
gdtunes says:
You rock viva!

Yep, always front row for the Oo'.

Thanks again.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 11:35:57 AM PST
- and vivazappa thanks for THE WHO reviews.I like the idea of the screens to give Keith and John posthumous solo's.What a powerful rhythm section they were.I actually got to see 3 of the 4 shows of the original Quadrophenia tour at MSG in 1974,holy s..t!!!Pete was still in his guitar smashing phase and Moon also smashed one just for the h.ll of it.BEST conert ever,if this tour is one tenth as good I will be happy,and from you guys it sounds great.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 11:49:29 AM PST
vivazappa says:
74...you lucky dog!
I only saw um' with Moonie once in 76...still one of my top 2 concerts ever.

Phish--Big Cypress is #1...it's hard to beat a 7+ hour set!

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 8:21:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 11:33:53 AM PST
zlh67 says:
I'm still bummed that there are no Who dates in TX, especially since Daltrey himself more or less promised they would play Austin next time the Who toured. He made that statement from the stage of the Cedar Park Center when he played there on his "Tommy" tour, but I guess he forgot. Or maybe they'll add more like i'm hoping.

Till then, I'll have to settle for seeing Ms. Lucinda Williams from the 5th row. Not sure who sets things up for her, but they do it right: I logged into the event presale and actually got great seats at a reasonable price ($47) and the service fees, etc. all added up to a whopping $3 for the entire order. Much better than paying $125 face value plus $14 in "convenience fees" (which I never find all that convenient....).

Great venue too: Paramount Theatre in Austin.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Rock forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  140
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions