Customer Discussions > Rock forum

WHY the beatles SUCK

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2011 12:30:33 AM PST
Hey ELVIS FAN, I don't mind you calling me Brit lover, in fact, I am, when it comes to 60's music and The British Invasion. THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT! You're a cool guy!! Keep up the good posts!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2011 12:35:10 AM PST
Oh you ARE important ELVIS FAN, so very important!!
I get very annoyed with those people who don't take you seriously!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2011 1:18:33 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2011 6:45:43 PM PST
doodah man says:
Hey velvet elvis, did you know that there is a whole Beatles Forum? I dare u to take this thread over there. I DOUBLE dare you.

Here, just to make it a little easier for you...

http://www.amazon.com/forum/beatles?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=tag_gam_bkt_icdf_4

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2011 9:47:24 PM PST
Are you a loner, ELVIS FAN?

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 5:45:18 AM PST
Stratocaster says:
doohah man - doesn't matter. He's obviously just a masochistic troll. He'll probably LOVE the abuse he'll receive spouting his nonscense on the Beatles forum.

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 6:38:20 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 3:47:22 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 6:41:21 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 3:47:22 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2011 11:30:15 AM PST
Bklyn-Born says:
ELVIS FAN: you know WHY it's so lonely at the top? Because it's so effin crowded at the bottom! Get a life, for pete's sake!

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 5:51:00 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 31, 2011 6:32:51 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 6:50:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 31, 2011 6:51:13 AM PST
Here's 50 reason why The Beatles don't suck:

1. Come Together
2. All You Need Is Love
3. Strawberry Fields Forever
4. Penny Lane
5. Hey Jude
6. Yesterday (I'll bet even Elvis would have covered this one if his pride would have let him)
7. Eleanor Rigby
8. THE Abbey Road Medley
9. Please Please Me
10. Back In The USSR
11. Revolution
12. No Reply
13. Eight Days A Week
14. Let It Be
15. A Hard Day's Night
16. I Should Have Known Better
17. Help
18. I'll Be Back
19. Ticket To Ride
20. I've Just Seen A Face
21. Across The Universe
22. The Long And Winding Road
23. I Am The Walrus
24. The Fool On The Hill
25. She Loves You
26. Paperback Writer
27. Lady Madonna
28. I Saw Her Standing There
29. Twist And Shout
30. Taxman
31. Here Comes The Sun
32. Here, There And Everywhere
33. And Your Bird Can Sing
34. Got To Get You Into My Life
35. Nowhere Man
36. Michelle
37. I'm Looking Through You
38. Girl
39. If I Needed Someone
40. Drive My Car
41. Getting Better
42. A Day In The Life
43. With A Little Help From My Friends
44. She's Leaving Home
45. When I'm Sixty-Four
46. I Want To Tell You
47. In My Life
48. Yellow Submarine
49. Good Day Sunshine
50. Old Brown Shoe

All original songs, written by members of the band. And one thing that was similar between The Beatles and Elvis was that they both got caught up in a whirlwind of adoration and insanity that made them prisoners of their own celebrity, but Elvis never did escape it. Even John Lennon had some years of relative peace and normality away from the maddening throng before he was murdered, but Elvis died a prisoner in his own mansion, drugged and dragged out to be put on display whenever he put out a new record. We don't have the luxury to define the greatness of others but we do have the opportunity to enjoy the works of those who touched our lives and defined a moment in history, be it Elvis, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2011 7:38:11 AM PST
I agree that The Beatles brought forth the major musical form in the 20th century. Elvis was a great performer.
Led Zeppelin is generally acknowledged to be the first heavy metal band.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2011 8:13:26 AM PST
sundancekeed says:
RE:I KNOW, and people in the know which is CERTAINLY not the majority here, is that ELVIS PRESLEY practically invented rock n' roll. That may sound like conceded or whatever, but thats the honest truth. Before Elvis there was nothing. True.
I said practically. He paved the way not only for rock n' roll, but for Country and Gospel. What else is there?

The only thing worse than your spelling, punctuation and use of the language is your ignorance.

What Elvis Presley DID do was to make a form of Black Music which was Rhythm And Blues palatable to a White audience. Many of his early songs were covers of Black artists. But "race" records weren't played on White radio stations so many Whites were hearing these songs for the first time. Yes, Elvis Presley had roots in Country and Gospel. But it was primarily Black Gospel as he spent a lot of time in Black churches listening to their choirs. And he also listened to a lot of Black radio stations.

As for The Beatles, they were listening to Little Richard, Fats Domino, Chuck Berry and yes, Elvis Presley, Ricky Nelson and Buddy Holly. BTW, Buddy Holly was just as influential on Rock and Roll as Elvis. But Elvis gets the lions share of credit because he was the first White artist to popularize Black music. But unlike Presley, Holly wrote his songs. Presley is credited as co-writer on 9 songs. None of which he actually wrote. Col. Tom Parker negotiated songwriting credit with the actual writers in exchange for Presley RECORDING the song. You could give Presley credit for arranging a lot of his music. But writing? Nope. Never happened.

Back to The Beatles for a moment. They took those disparate influences and through raw talent, John Lennon and Paul McCartney and later on, George Harrison wrote and performed some of the most enduring music of the 20th Century. And here's another couple of facts for you. According to the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) The Beatles have sold 170 million records in the United States. Elvis Presley has sold 118 million.
Worldwide, EMI--The Beatles record company estimates that The Beatles have sold 1.3 billion total albums. RCA-Presley's record company estimates that Presley sold between 900 million and 1 billion. All of those numbers are from 2008, the last time a tally was made.

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 5:58:18 PM PST
Hinch says:
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ELVIS FAN!

Even if we disagree.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 11:01:05 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
No problem. I'm there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 11:02:00 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 5, 2012 5:50:14 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 11:02:30 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
NO ARE YOU?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 11:04:30 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 11:05:48 PM PST
EMC says:
Idiot...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 12:50:09 AM PST
He He! You ARE funny!!!

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 7:47:26 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
Elvis IS alive. Where have you been? He is giving me kudos.

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 8:08:29 PM PST
TomPlum says:
Man, why rag on one artist, as said here, so many of them have given so much musical enjoyment and theme music to our lives.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2012 11:51:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 4, 2012 11:58:26 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2012 12:04:16 AM PST
ELVIS FAN says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2012 12:11:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2012 12:12:01 AM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Rock forum
Participants:  279
Total posts:  2792
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions