Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Rock forum

MELVINS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 27, 2010 10:03:24 AM PST
dtm says:
Favorite Melvins album and why.............

Posted on Jan 27, 2010 1:59:44 PM PST
So many to choose from, but I find myself listening Lysol the most. Their choice to cover Flipper & Alice Cooper is just the icing on the cake (rotten, of course).

Good to see another Melvins fan out here.

Posted on Jan 28, 2010 11:03:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 29, 2010 5:42:16 AM PST
dtm says:
Yikes, not much Melvins love around here. These guys rock. Houdini is prob my favorite. So dark, so sludgy......just beautiful noise.

Posted on Jan 28, 2010 8:06:47 PM PST
Melvins! Love those guys. I think my favorite may be "Stag" - very experimental but not as inpenetrable as a lot of their experimental records (e.g. Colossus of Destiny). I'm a big fan of Houdini as well, that was my first Melvins album. The track "Night Goat" is mind-meltingly good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2010 9:17:03 AM PST
Ozma.
It gave me the "Love Thing"-

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 12:36:05 PM PST
mac says:
Though not the original line-up, I quite enjoy "A Senile Animal". The songs are more approachable and fun to listen to. Of the half dozen albums of theirs I have, I enjoy it the most.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:28:44 PM PST
I really love Buzz's voice. And the Heavy and soft thing they do. The record with Jello Biaffra is really great too.

Senile, Rocks!!!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Rock forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Rock forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jan 27, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions