Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Rock forum

The Spookiest, Scariest, Most Eierryiest Song You've Ever Heard

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 337 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2008 5:02:13 PM PST
N.Rogers says:
Pretty much anything by The Swans or Jarboe. Its the kind of music that gets under your skin and just doesn't leave.
The Mercy Seat - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Its a powerful song that again gets under your skin.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2008 6:03:30 PM PST
"Beth" by KISS, played backwards. You can hear Neil Bogart muttering something about recruiting children for Kidz In Satan's Service!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2008 6:55:29 PM PST
Anytime a topic like this appears, I immediately think of "Acid Annapolis" on Leon Russel's Carney album. I used to listen to this song through my headphones and scare myself stupid.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2008 7:42:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2008 7:48:11 PM PST
Fall of 1969, when the "Paul is Dead" rumor came out . . . I was in 6th grade and my best friend and I "borrowed" his older sister's White Album and played Revolution #9 backwards like the rumors said to do. Scared the ever living s*** out of two 11-year-olds!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2008 9:58:50 PM PST
Sweet N Lowe says:
Paper Cuts by Nirvana has a creepy sounding guitar. And the chorus when he screams like that is kinda freaky. And this is before Nevermind, so it actually is grunge and not pop-grunge.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2008 8:37:21 PM PST
Tomcat says:
Nope. It is "Careful With That Axe Eugene" by Pink Floyd. The thing builds and screaches until you hear the loud whisper "Careful With That Axe Eugene" followed by a scream that will make your back hairs stand up.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2008 9:17:35 PM PST
Al Rudd says:
The Doors - the soft parade and the end

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 12:26:45 AM PST
Al--Ya think? I juist think soft parade is weird but not scary. But "The End" and "When the Music's Over" are pretty dark and threatening.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 1:37:37 AM PST
R. Recchia says:
The Dead Man's Dream, by Procol Harum. A very creepy and frightening song about a guy on his death bed, having a dream where a stranger leads him through an abandoned town and then into a graveyard. Very eerie, spooky song, both musically and lyrically.

The end of 'Killer' by Alice Cooper is frightening as well. I thought 'Not To Touch The Earth' by The Doors was scary the first few times I heard it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 7:17:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2008 8:16:04 AM PST
"Don't Fear the Reaper" -Blue Oyster Cult (Thanks Disco!)

About 2 years ago, I kept hearing it over and over again, to the point I was sooo creeped out. Prior to this, I rarely ever heard the song.

I was thinking, maybe I'm getting some sort of message. Thank goodness though, nothing happened. I was genuinely scared.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 7:26:45 AM PST
Karen
Did you mean "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult?

Check out the original version of "Halloween". It's used to great effect in the classic flick.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 7:39:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2008 7:40:46 AM PST
Al Savoy says:
"Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict" - great eerily, scary halloween tune.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 7:51:17 AM PST
take403 says:
Witch Hunt- Rush
By-Tor and the Snow Dog (live version from All the World's A Stage)- Rush
Our Prayer- The Beach Boys
Ritual (live version from Yesshows) - Yes
The Lantern- The Rolling Stones
Time Has Come Today- The Chambers Brothers
Time In A Bottle- Jim Croce (having to hear that after the man's passing gave me the chills, seriously!)
Save Me- DSN (they performed it live and after I heard that, I literally had to put my jacket on!)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 8:02:15 AM PST
J. Simon says:
"Stigmata Martyr" by Bauhaus

The double-tracked Latin at the end always freaked me out when I was young.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 8:08:40 AM PST
The Collected Musical Works of Bruce Willis: It scares how much cocaine the Motown execs were on when this patronizing garbage was released.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 8:14:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2008 8:18:54 AM PST
Yes, Disco-you are right. I'll correct it

BTW- The original Halloween is one of my all-time favorite movies. I have great memories watching it over and over and over again with my sisters when I was a kid.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 8:24:39 AM PST
Gorgar says:
The poem "Horse Latitudes" by Jim Morrison is totally wigged out.

When the still sea conspires an armor
And her sullen and aborted
Currents breed tiny monsters
True sailing is dead
Awkward instant
And the first animal is jettisoned
Legs furiously pumping
Their stiff green gallop
And heads bob up
Poise
Delicate
Pause
Consent
In mute nostril agony
Carefully refined
And sealed over

Doesn't get any freakier than that, friends.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 8:27:40 AM PST
DB-
Wouldn't that consist of some lame wine cooler ads? Yeah, Willis always thought he was the 'heppest cat' in the room. What a maroon.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 8:29:17 AM PST
Maroon? LOL. Havent heard that term since the ole Bugs Bunny toons! Nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 9:14:33 AM PST
J. Simon says:
I would also add "The Curse of Milhaven" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. It's about mass murder in a small town, narrated by a young girl named Lottie who is not what she seems. It's the only song I can think of with a surprise twist ending--take that M. Night Shaymalan!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 9:15:28 AM PST
St. Rasputin says:
"Stigmata Martyr" is (in VH1 terms) awesomely creepy! It was used to great effect in the 80s horror flick "Night of the Demons."

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 9:18:23 AM PST
St. Rasputin says:
J. Simon, what about the twist at the end of Nick Cave's "Song of Joy"?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 9:56:17 AM PST
Stevo says:
J.Simon; Everything off of Nick Cave's Murder Ballads is dark and creepy but strangely beautiful-Stagger Lee is the sickest song I've ever heard-other disturbing tunes I like are Where the Wild Roses Grow(duet with Kyle Minogue) and Song of Joy- Nick's Voice is perfect for expressing the "Horror".All God's children they all gotta die!

I'm Gonna sand this CD.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 11:01:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2008 11:06:11 AM PST
J. Simon says:
St. Rasputin: I forgot about Song of Joy. Curse you Cave! And thanks for reminding me about Night of the Demons. I'm checking prices for a used DVD now.

Stevo: I would agree about Murder Ballads. I'd also signal out the PJ Harvey duet Henry Lee. Murderous women are especially frightening. On the subject of PJ Harvey, her song "Rid of Me" creeped me out the in the mid-90s. But I was a young guy who was not especially honest with the women I dated. I worried about one of them twisting my head off, see.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 12:27:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2008 12:27:57 PM PST
Alex Faber says:
I gotta back Hoagie Mike on Alice Cooper's "Years Ago" - easily the creepiest, most unsettling song I've ever heard.

I also nominate Marilyn Manson's "Prelude (The Family Trip)" off "Portrait of an American Family" - it's basically a recitation of the boat ride scene from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and it sounds like music made by madmen.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Rock forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Rock forum
Participants:  234
Total posts:  337
Initial post:  Mar 4, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 3, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions