Customer Discussions > Rock forum

The Spookiest, Scariest, Most Eierryiest Song You've Ever Heard

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 327 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 3:25:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2008 4:44:55 PM PDT
Patrick says:
most recent "creepy" song I've heard is "First day of Spring" by Gandharvas.
i found a free download of the song check it out losers!

http://chrwradio.com/lma/1994/The%20Gandharvas%20-%20A%20Soap%20Bubble%20And%20Inertia/The%20Gandharvas%20-%20The%20First%20Day%20Of%20Spring.mp3

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 4:05:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2008 1:06:24 AM PDT
Hipgnosis says:
"Seasons In The Sun" by Terry Jacks is one eerie, spooky song and it was a #1 hit in the early 70's which just makes it even creepier!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 5:06:18 PM PDT
Perkel says:
Tracy- I agree with " Edmund Fitzgerald." Especially after looking at National Geographic's views of the wreckage.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 5:29:55 PM PDT
MOBRULES says:
Turn out all the lights....light a candle if you feel the need...put on and listen to the "Black One" album by Sunn O.........bring an extra pair of underwear.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 6:05:04 PM PDT
How about "The Gift", on the second Velvet Underground album, "White Light/ White Heat". It is a very spooky "Twilight Zone" type horror story - the ending always sends shivers down my spine. John Cale does a great job "narrating " it, and the background music is perfect.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 9:24:00 PM PDT
C. Seigler says:
"(Don't Fear) The Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. It was used as a "cameo" song in the first Halloween film by John Carpenter and fit in with the theme of this movie perfectly. Oh, by the way, the soundtrack to that film creeps me out just as much.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 9:43:33 PM PDT
joecgillis says:
I heard Bloodrock's D.O.A. when I was in my teens and found it nauseatingly unpleasant. These days it still creeps me out. But someone looking for creepy cammpy stuff might check out stuff by Deadbolt, or some things by Ben Vaughan, esp the movie tracks he has done. Screamin' Jay Hawkins,maybe? And even Richard Thompson has a few disturbing tunes like The End of the Rainbow. Usually he's so upbeat. Oh, yes--Tchaikovsky, the Lake Scene music from Swan Lake--beautiful, haunting, almost bone-chilling to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 11:43:38 PM PDT
Rod says:
another song that is pretty spooky is Boogie woogie Wu By Insane Clown Posse you can be affraid of the boogie man or Clowns

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2008 12:17:34 AM PDT
Norm V. says:
Alice Cooper's "Pick Up The Bones" from BRUTAL PLANET. Just that creepy intro....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2008 12:27:34 AM PDT
Chet Fakir says:
Come To Daddy (pappy mix) by Aphex Twin is one of the creepiest things I've ever heard and the accompanying video is downright hellish. "I want your soul... I'll eat your soul. Come to daddy, come to daddy, come to daddy." Not to mention the screaming.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2008 1:02:20 AM PDT
Poe's Son says:
Try listening to "Black Angels" (from the album of the same name by the Kronos Quartet) in the dark sometime.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2008 1:33:22 AM PDT
"A Million Years" by Wolf Eyes

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2008 1:50:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 26, 2008 1:51:38 AM PDT
Erica says:
what first came to mind (probably because i've been listening to this album lately, but the first time I heard this song it really creeped me out): "Halber Mensch" by Einsturzende Neubauten

Also I second Aphex Twin's "Come To Daddy".

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2008 6:16:19 AM PDT
onslaught flame of the anti-christ

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2008 8:30:25 AM PDT
ray brettman says:
Deutsh Nepal Amon Duul 2 After 35 years saw a translation of the lyric on You Tube and it was actually disapointing, apparently it is merely about a young man being groomed for a military career in what was then German run Nepal. But I recommend checkin it out on You Tube, it really is quite....horrible.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2008 10:44:29 AM PDT
David Mauzy says:
Someone already mentioned The Kids off of Lou Reeds Berlin album. Most of that album and its concept is pretty eerie. Another album that is kind of eerie is Big Star's Third especially the song Holocaust. These are both albums you wouldn't throw on at a party.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2008 10:46:34 AM PDT
D. Capehart says:
Mine's a Black Sabbath song too, but it's "Disturbing The Priest"

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2008 1:58:07 PM PDT
I was listening to some Johnny Cash and he did a cover on Ghost Riders in the Sky, and the one in particular is very haunting... It freaked me out when I was a kid. It chills me to this day...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2008 2:01:12 PM PDT
Brighter Death Now - "Innerwar"

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2008 3:41:40 AM PDT
Lady Fox says:
I've never heard a song I was afraid of, never had one creep me out. But I love Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. Ave Satani, O Fortuna, that kind of thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2008 6:58:15 AM PDT
DUKEUVNUTHIN says:
"Black Angel's Death Song" - The Velvet Underground

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2008 7:53:40 AM PDT
Rare Goat says:
The end of "Killer" by Alice Cooper scares me so much I haven't even listened to it more than twice. I always skip over it.

"Horse Latitudes" is creepy too.

"Forbidden Fruit" by John Zorn, performed by Kronos Quartet

At the end of one of the Flaming Lips albums (Hit to Death in the Future Head?), there's some silence followed by 30 minutes of a harsh alarm sound bouncing back and forth between the two speakers. Can't listen to that either.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2008 7:56:02 AM PDT
jeremy newt says:
"The Kids" and "The Bed" off of Lou Reed's album, "Berlin". Those two songs, one right after the other on the album, push your face down into a dark room and hold you there to witness pain, dementia and horror. Good stuff :)

When I was about 4 years old the short classical piece "Ballet of the Unhatched Chicks" from Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" gave me the willies like no monster movie ever could. I think the song is intended to be cute and lighthearted but when the flutes all hit and hold the same high quivering note it filled me with terror. And it occurred 3 times during the song which meant you would anticipate it coming!! AAUAUAGH!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2008 7:59:12 AM PDT
Rare Goat says:
Another one I'm curious to hear (and I have it on order) is "Gog/Magog" by Peter Hammill... sounds very terrifying and odd from reviews I've read.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2008 12:40:25 PM PDT
Steelers fan says:
Billie Holiday's "Strange Fruit".
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Rock forum

ARRAY(0x9d99f918)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Rock forum
Participants:  229
Total posts:  327
Initial post:  Mar 4, 2008
Latest post:  Feb 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions