Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL
Customer Discussions > Romance Contemporary forum

Weird inconsistencies

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 21, 2008 3:13:07 PM PST
I am new to Lori Foster's books, and while I enjoy reading them, something about them, time and time again, throws me out of the story.
In Jude's Law, Simon Says, and Causing Havoc, the heroes all use phrases from the 19th century. Its very unsettling, because you have this alpha male of the 21st century saying something so old world. (I obviously can't think of a specific example right now.) =+) But in the book Too Tempting To Touch all of the characters are running around talking about being ruined or ruining reputations by sleeping with women and letting it be known. Hellloooo...its 2000+ in America.

Does anyone else ever notice this with Foster or anyone else?

Posted on Jun 18, 2010 4:56:54 PM PDT
Kimko says:
I think it depends on where you live. In the midwest small community I live in, your reputation can still be ruined quite easily. People talk, and then it's all over with...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance Contemporary forum (6 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
New author: 1 Dec 19, 2010
Please help me find authors similar to Susan Johnson 0 Nov 19, 2010
Weird inconsistencies 1 Jun 18, 2010
New Romance Author writes Love Triangle Novel 0 Oct 1, 2009
Please Help Me Identify a Book 0 Jul 16, 2009
Suspense and Romance 0 Feb 25, 2008

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jan 21, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 18, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions