Customer Discussions > Romance forum

romance with step-sister or brother\ adoptive sister or brother falling in love

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 69 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 14, 2010 7:18:23 AM PDT
Maggie says:
Ok this is not supposed to be creepy or like incest or anything, but I read a dianne palmer book where the step siter and the son fell in love and I have to say, I really enjoyed this theme. I hope that you have some reccomendations for me! Oh btw, I like historical and contemporary... but I'm willing to try pnr if it seems good! Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2010 7:37:07 AM PDT
Salty Girl says:
Try JUST ONE OF THE GUYS by Kristen Higgens. Despite the chick-lit packaging, this is a terrific, witty, deeply emotional read about a guy who is basically adopted into a large, boisterous family. Naturally, little sister carries a torch for him as they grow up. I normally don't like 1st person POV, but this book is worth it.

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 8:39:53 AM PDT
M. Childers says:
I recently read an older romance novel with this theme. Summer's End by Kathleen
Gilles Siedel (sp?).
Its about an older couple who have 5 grown children between them, who marry, then invite all the adult children to a summer lake house to get to know each other.
The romance is about the older son of the women, and the youngest daughter of the man, who fall in love, and the other siblings are not happy about it at all!!
It does have a HEA. I enjoyed the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2010 8:43:38 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 14, 2010 8:45:25 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2010 8:46:33 AM PDT
Mary Chapman says:
Try Nauti Boy by Lora Leigh

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2010 2:42:56 PM PDT
Banana Boat says:
Maggie, what was the name of the Diana Palmer book?

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 2:57:14 PM PDT
SuzyQ says:
Try Picture Perfect by Evangeline Anderson - step brother & step sister
Not sure, but you might also be interested in The Punishment of Nicholette by Evangeline Anderson - Uncle/Guardian & ward (no blood relation) - think this can be found at Loose ID

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 3:02:18 PM PDT
Maggie says:
Thank you guys for the books, I'm still looking for more! N. Pacheco, it was Heartless by Diana Palmer and what I perceived from another thread is that a lot of her books fit this. Unfortunantely i'd still like to find a better writer that appeals to me, but with the same theme!

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 3:06:18 PM PDT
love2read says:
Led astray by Sandra Brown. It's one of my re-read books

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 3:21:29 PM PDT
Irma Pince says:
Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, Book 2) fits this. H was taken in/adopted by the h's family.

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 3:33:19 PM PDT
Banana Boat says:
Maggie, Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2010 3:40:04 PM PDT
Don't know if this will qualifiy or not. LindaHoward has one with cousins - Roanna Davenport and Web Tallant. It is AFTER THE TWILIGHT. They are raised together (by her grandmother) after her parents are killed. He first marries her other cousin. She is murdered and he is suspected by part of the family and the town. I won't go any further because of spoilers. It is an older one of her books.

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 5:50:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2010 5:51:24 PM PDT
anni says:
Truly Madly Yours by Rachel Gibson has this theme with the H being the bastard son of the h's step-father.

Linda S. Peter - I think the book you're thinking of is Shades of Twilight by Linda Howard?

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 7:32:12 PM PDT
Mary Jane says:
There are 4 books in this series by Dorothy Garlock, but the one that fits this description is the 3rd in the series called River of Tomorrow. She writes very sweet romances. They are pretty chaste, not spicy or anything, but when I started reading romance again I looked up her books because I remembered this one specifically. I loved the whole step-brother step sister-theme. They were raised together but they are both adopted.

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 8:49:47 AM PDT
This is one of my favorite story lines as well :

- Taboo: Olivia Rupprecht
- Together always : Dallas Schulze

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 10:00:44 AM PDT
Maggie says:
Thanks. I have already ready Led Astray. And I just ordered Shades of Twilight. And Truly madly yours sounds really good. I'm not really a big fan of Garlock, but ill try it. Taboo and Together Always also sound really good! If any one knows of any more I'm looking forward to read them!

Posted on Sep 18, 2010 5:15:43 PM PDT
CityGirl says:
River of Tomorrow by Dorothy Garlock. The H and h are both foster children and grew up as brother and sister. This book is part of a series and it's necessary to read the other books because many references are made to them; The villain in this book is the villain in the first book in the series.

Posted on Sep 18, 2010 10:52:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2010 10:53:36 PM PDT
melindeeloo says:
this is an oldie but Honest Illusions is between a fostered brother and the daughter of the man who raises them both

Posted on Sep 18, 2010 11:06:37 PM PDT
H Nguyen says:
I just reread "The Guardian" by Joan Wolf, and still love it. Written in 1st person POV. They are step-siblings who grew up together.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2010 11:53:11 PM PDT
L. Nelson says:
Read anything by V. C. Andrews..

Posted on Sep 19, 2010 2:41:58 AM PDT
Tippi says:
Try FORBIDDEN FIRE by Charlotte Lamb. Old HP but very, very good. Older man falls in love with his younger step-sister.

Tippi

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2010 2:46:56 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 8, 2010 8:02:51 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2010 3:58:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2010 4:00:11 AM PDT
a fan says:
I fully agree to this recommendation. I loved this book. Give it a try!

JUST ONE OF THE GUYS - I meant.

Posted on Sep 19, 2010 4:52:37 AM PDT
Nancy C says:
What about the Harper Connelly series by Charlaine Harris? Those are more mystery, but the romance is definitely there. Step-siblings who fall in love, and not in a creepy way, either. Harris does an excellent job of showing you how the relationship develops - it's not wham! true love! - it's more gradual and gives you a sense of the issues both siblings have.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2010 10:17:14 AM PDT
Hmm, this book has been in TBR pile for ages. I think I ought to give it a try now :)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
111 14 days ago
Romance with aliens that actually look like aliens 424 3 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #4 119 4 minutes ago
Publishing Company Ellora's Cave Suing Dear Author Blog 925 7 minutes ago
Fans of k-dramas... please help 4190 8 minutes ago
Loan Me Thread V. 6 6060 10 minutes ago
Freebies that you've read - Good and Bad 1159 14 minutes ago
Second Chance Romance 3711 15 minutes ago
Hero/Heroine is "hoisted by his/her petard" in matters of deception of the heart 15 15 minutes ago
H plus size or heavy, H embarrassed or surprised he's attracted 2 18 minutes ago
2015 Favorite Book of the Month and Year Challenge 74 26 minutes ago
HP discussion. Good bad and inbetween. 9339 38 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  49
Total posts:  69
Initial post:  Sep 14, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers

Search Customer Discussions