Customer Discussions > Romance forum

"Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 2"

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 7, 2012 2:00:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 2:01:20 PM PDT
Per request starting part 2 of:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdThread=Tx3OBTJOE7YN4LQ

Posted on May 7, 2012 2:10:56 PM PDT
D. Politis says:
Sandra started the original thread of Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive with this post: "I just read Beautiful Disaster due to many recs on the jealous hero board and it was just incredible- the hero was so crazy in love with heroine and it was so much more special because he used to be a total one-night stand sort of guy before her-

I really liked how crazy possessive/jealous/protective he was when it came to her, so much so that he would sometimes become violent- any books with a similar hero who is obsessed and crazy in love with the heroine and also crazy possessive/jealous/protective, even sometimes violently so (I'm talking over the top here)- thanks!"

My personal favorite recommendation so far is Mine Till Midnight book 1 of the Hathaways series by Lisa Kleypas. It is a historical romance with lots of humor, a very crazy in love and jealous/possessive hero and just a very romantic story. Mine Till Midnight (Hathaways)

And thanks to E. Bartholomew for starting part 2 of this thread. And please put any requests for book loans on the "Loan Me...Thread" to keep this thread dedicated to actual book recommendations. http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_et_np?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdPage=87&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx3EDCXOR8YEYMA#CustomerDiscussionsNew

Posted on May 7, 2012 2:38:39 PM PDT
FaeGrl32 says:
here!

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 2:49:09 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 7, 2012 2:58:06 PM PDT]

Posted on May 7, 2012 3:44:01 PM PDT
A. Cole says:
I don't post a lot but I gotta say thanks or starting up this second thread. The "loan me" requests were getting out of hand, I just kept scrolling for blue text :-)

I got a book rec'd a while back called Blackmailed by the Beast (Unlikely Love) but returned it. It felt like parts were missing, like the author assumed the reader knew more than they did. It seemed like the start of a series, but was there a book before that I missed?

Posted on May 7, 2012 3:47:13 PM PDT
A. Cole says:
Also here is a rec.

This is a short erotic story but I liked it.Romeo

"After she survived a tragic accident at age ten, doctors discovered Lauren's heart was damaged. Her young life was consumed with recovery and the long wait for an organ donor. Two years after a successful transplant and free at last, Lauren is now a woman who needs to play and explore.He is tall, dark and Texan, with a scandalous reputation for delivering sinful satisfaction. A wicked cowboy and no strings attached, what more could a good girl looking to go just a little bit bad ask for?Romeo Monero is damn good at satisfying women. Accustomed to the total control and gratifying freedom a wealthy bachelor enjoys, he's unprepared to discover his true heart beats in a curvy bundle who's out to indulge every pleasure she's missed.His reputation makes it tough to persuade the budding seductress he's the only guy to fulfill her heart's desires. Then there's his annoying gang of cousins, who are convinced this woman will take him down a peg or six.Romeo has one weekend to convince her to come and play with him-forever.A cowboy will do whatever it takes to bring his woman home. "

Please note - this is short!

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 8:01:58 PM PDT
Here's hoping we can keep this thread for discussions, the other threads are starting to drive me flipping insane Which folks probably noticed from my little meltdown in the other thread, lol! sorry!

Posted on May 7, 2012 9:47:50 PM PDT
Well, I am about half way through the freebie read by Chelle Mitchiter Ivy Vine Will You Be Mine......I think I must be too old for it. The characters are around 17-20 years old and that is what they are acting like....Actually I think I may have been a bit more mature at that age. Just not getting into it. I did however enjoy Wicked as They Come (A Blud Novel) New Author and I thought it was a good effort. The hero was possessive and jealous, but I wouldn't say over the top. It was a bit of a paranormal/steampunk type novel. I liked it.

Posted on May 8, 2012 2:15:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 2:50:43 AM PDT
Kris says:
Hi Girls: Can I borrow, just kidding.... (sorry, I could not resist :-)

(I mentioned this on the other Crazy in Love thread, but just in case you guys are now done with that one) Since I had mentioned The Mortal Instruments series on the other Crazy in Love thread before, just wanted to let you know that Book 5, City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments Book 5) is now available. Yay!
Just a warning that it is YA for those of you who are not into it. It is however, older YA. There was an excerpt from the latest installment on Cassandra Clare's site, which I think is unavailable now, in the scene *******SPOILER ALERT*********:

*********SPOILER********Clary and Jace are dancing at a nightclub and he pulls her into a dark corner and they start getting hot and heavy and he performs oral on her while she is standing up. I don't know if she changed that scene for the finished book, but it was seriously hot for YA.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 2:18:08 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
Oh, good! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Wicked as They Come.

I just an email from the library that it's waiting for me to pick up.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 2:31:53 AM PDT
Kris says:
Hi HJ:

I think you were the one that was reading Fever (Phoenix Rising Book 1) on Goodreads. It looked really good when I read the book description. What did you think and would you recommend it?

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 3:55:21 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
I liked it. It reminded me a little of Pamela Clare's Unlawful Contact with the escaped convict storyline, and had a little paranormal in it (very little, though the PNR aspect of it is undoubtably the main overall plot arc). No cliffhanger ending, though the overall plot mystery is not resolved (subsequent books, I'm sure). I'd read lots of complaints about racial slurs before I started and was worried, but if you take them in context, they're not out of place or unrealistic at all. Offensive, yes, but that's the intent.

There was one glaring error toward the end that I had to blink at but it really had no impact on the story (or maybe I interpreted it wrong, I'd have to go back and reread), but aside from that, it was definitely worth the newly lowered price of $3.99. It would not have been worth the $9.99 earlier price tag.

I don't think I'll have any issues rereading it just before the next book comes out.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 4:02:30 AM PDT
Kris says:
Thanks for your input. I'm going to give this one a try.

Posted on May 8, 2012 4:28:13 AM PDT
TravelingGal says:
I just read Found and really enjoyed it. Despite the story line (Russian crime boss and woman followed by death), it's actually quite a light entertaining read. The H is possessive about the h almost from first sight.

Posted on May 8, 2012 5:38:09 AM PDT
B.E. Love says:
I think someone asked when book 2 to Gabriel's Inferno comes out and I saw today on her web sight the releases date is May 22
*I'm posting this on the first thread so those who arn't following this one yet see it:;}

Posted on May 8, 2012 7:07:31 AM PDT
D. Arnold says:
Finished the 'loaning' book the last few post, Evelyn Be Mine! Good book to read. Very long but entertaining. Didn't need to skip any parts. Did put some older aged college kids in my mind. Can't do the 'young' stuff. Truly liked the H and h. You could tell from the first meeting the H was taken with her. He didn't say a word to her and she didn't get a chance to say a word to him before he left. There was intimate moments that were a little stronger than I like, but they were done nicely. Fully believed H was head over heals, possessive, jealous, crazy for her all in a good way. It was a hoot that she had 11 siblings and she was one of the younger ones. H kept thinking the bros were boyfriends!!! If you want to send it to you , plzzzz use the loan thread.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:39:47 AM PDT
kelster says:
WAIT Kris! He performs oral on her? My son reads this series. I cannot believe the sex scenes are so advanced. Sheesh. I am stunned. How explicit was the scene?

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:45:45 AM PDT
Kris says:
It was a scene that she wrote for a dance club scene in the book, but I don't know if the book version scene has been cleaned up for YA. She just had this scene on her website. If it's the same as in the book, no worries, it's not real graphic; it's more implied like, if I remember correctly, she says something like "and Jace knelt in front of me and was kissing me where no boy has ever kissed me before, something along those lines." I don't remember the exact words and it's no longer on the website for me to look it up again. My book should be in the mail soon and we shall see if that scene made it in there.

Posted on May 8, 2012 10:59:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 11:01:07 AM PDT
Kris says:
Kelster: Holy crap, I found the scene. I thought she took it off her website but here's a link if you want to read it. It sounds like she did tone it down for the book version though. She said she wrote this scene while she was in on vacation in Mexico and had one too many or something like that. Anyway, here's the link if you want to read it for yourself. http://www.cassandraclare.com/my-writing/excerpts-extras/dscs-from-city-of-lost-souls/ It's hot for YA, at least I think so.

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:14:09 AM PDT
MelissaB says:
So what ages are those books for? The scene doesn't seem bad at all to me but I was reading regular romance at the age of 12 so it's hard for me to judge. I figure most kids have talked about that stuff by middle school and most have experimented by junior or senior year of high school.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 11:16:20 AM PDT
kelster says:
Ok wow. Thanks for sharing Kris. My son had told me that the Mortal Instrument series had gone more romantic, I guess I didn't associate that with more sexual as well. My bad. Of course this means I will have to have LOTS of talks with him regarding appropriate behavior with girls. Lol!

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:22:03 AM PDT
Ann says:
Kris - Thanks! Since this will be much more tame in the bk for those younger readers, bet they'll be no Jace dropping to his knees. Too bad.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 11:23:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 11:25:02 AM PDT
kelster says:
When I purchased the series, MelissaB, it said like grade 7 or 8. I haven't looked at the recommended age after getting the first couple of books for him. I'll let him continue the series I just am surprised that the book wen't in that direction.

He reads her blog, I am curious if he has already seen this. I'll ask him after school.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 11:26:52 AM PDT
Kris says:
It's 14 and up so it's probably right on for that age group. The scene is cleaned up for the book apparently, but it seems pretty hot for a YA book that's why I thought it would appeal to adults as well. I read everything from YA to erotica, but I know some adults are not into YA. I love this series. It's one of my favorites.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 11:27:51 AM PDT
Kris says:
I know darn it. I like the version on her blog.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  447
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  May 7, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 124 customers

Search Customer Discussions