Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Train Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now DOTD
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

*** Coffee Shop - Let's Chat About Life And Our Books, Both Current And Planning To Read, All In The Name Of Living HEA ***

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2015 9:46:54 PM PST

Thank you.... Our Thanksgiving was nice and smaller than past years. My sister in law finally moved out of my house and back into her newly renovated house. We had our Thanksgiving family gathering at her house. Her house is beautiful inside!

It poured down rain almost the whole day and it is still going today... 1 day later. The weather people say we will have rain for 3 straight days. This is the wettest year ever here in TEXAS! I believe it!!! My beloved Sandy really hates to potty in the rain. She also hates thunder and will bark at it loudly no matter what time it is!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2015 9:39:51 PM PST

Hi! He didn't get the 1 job. We are still waiting on another.
He also interviewed on another job and it lasted 5 hours. He interviewed with 3 different guys and 1 was on SKYPE in Italy. They had him doing crazy puzzle solving problems. They wanted it solved and FAST! They want him to come back for more interviewing. Very frustrating for him.

No I haven't seen Gabriel except on FaceBook. They live 4 1/2 hours away in Oklahoma.

My son and his wife and 2 kids are visiting us this weekend. I promised to make Christmas ornaments with my 8 year old granddaughter tomorrow. I was going to do it today but I pooped out. We snuggled and watched a movie this evening together as a family. She sat very close to me the whole movie. :-)

My sister is doing better. She and her hubby went to Orlando and went to Disney World with one of her daughters and some of her grandsons. She had a good Thanksgiving with them. Her daughter lives very close to the parks and my sister lives about 3 hours south of the parks in West Palm Beach, Florida area.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2015 5:50:26 AM PST
DoraLady says:

Any news on the2 job interviews or other good news.

Sending extra hugs. I know it will be a tougher Thanksgiving this year for your family and sisters.

How is baby doing. Have you seen him much.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2015 5:47:52 AM PST
DoraLady says:
Thank you MovieLover.

I thought I had responded to you.

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 5:46:41 AM PST
DoraLady says:
Happy Thanks Giving to all.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2015 11:08:05 AM PST

Thank you! STill Praying to hear from 2 different interviews from last week....
Waiting is so HARD!

I finished my unusual book SNATCHED .... It turned out to be pretty good. In the end it had 2 H's and 2 h's. This book had me going...OH NO and Wow and What's coming next and is he dead??? It was a Mystery suspense story with a tad bit of romance thrown in. It was a refreshing change from the same old same old romance formula.

Brrrr it is getting chilly here in Texas. We went into the 40's last night. But we popped back up into the 60's today. Yay.... I love the FALL!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2015 12:35:57 PM PST
MovieLover says:

Hi back! Sorry for your loss. Glad your migraines are better- they can be

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2015 11:42:59 AM PST
KC says:
Fingers tightly crossed, and sending good thoughts your way, Pam!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2015 8:47:55 AM PST

Ha Ha....giggle! I got you to read a DTB! I am reading on my Kindle a strange book I got from the freebie lists here on Amazon. I am reading Snatched.... I am at 43% and I just think I have found the H. So far this has been very interesting and not so much a romance book. Did you get this one? It is still free.

Job.... waiting to hear from 2 different companies he interviewed with.... Oh I pray we get one of these jobs!!!!

Posted on Nov 16, 2015 7:57:50 AM PST
KC says:
DoraLady, glad the migraines have improved; and yes, normal ones can feel so much better after the really nasty ones!

Nothing much really happening here, except that the weather has been staying fairly nice. I think that's changing next week. They're actually using the "freezing" word in front of rain for next Weds; major travel day so of course the weather will go bad. But hey; I see Denver has blizzard warnings out, so yes, life could be worse!

Posted on Nov 15, 2015 7:05:41 PM PST
DoraLady says:
Migraines from medication improved, last couple of days got the "normal" ones. Can't wait for meno to be official.

I have been reading some HQNs.

I need to get into books again.

I need to list them and comment. I have way to many comments in my head.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2015 7:03:40 PM PST
DoraLady says:
Hi Pam,

How is it going.

How is baby Gabriel doing.

You got me to read a DTB. Actually half since it has two stories. Rolling my eyes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2015 7:02:14 PM PST
DoraLady says:
Waving hi MovieLover.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2015 7:01:30 PM PST
DoraLady says:
Hi KC,

Yes the semester just started and just three weeks left.

Not ready for Christmas yet.

I hope all is well with you.

Posted on Nov 9, 2015 1:29:54 PM PST
KC says:
Pam, I'm very sorry to hear about your husband's job; yes, it's not being a good fall for you folks! But you do have that new grandbaby, and that's wonderful! I had to laugh that he wouldn't burp. I had an NCIS episode on the other day; where Palmer is practicing changing the diaper on the baby while Ducky times him; when he flips the doll over & slams it down as he's trying to move quickly... Later Gibbs asks him if he has a burp cloth; "Yes. (with a puzzled look) Get more. (over his shoulder as Gibbs leaves the room)" Oh yeah, can never have enough of those!!!

Things are going like normal here; looking at the calendar & realizing that 4 wks from today; we start final exams for the Fall semester! Didn't they just start this semester???? (8/24/15!!!)

DoraLady, glad you figured out what was causing the migraines. Can you go to a different med? I've had some rather severe headaches recently, and have figured out I'm reacting to the weather changes more than I used to. Used to be; my sister would get the severe migraines & sinus attacks when the abrupt weather changes came thru and I didn't have much problem; we've flipped on that now. Old age....

Everyone take care; Pam, fingers are crossed!

Posted on Nov 9, 2015 11:30:45 AM PST
DoraLady says:
Waving Hi.

Sorry to be missing in action since mid-September.

Things have not let up for me since the summer. I got a call mid-September that my cousin's mother passed away. I was so upset for my cousin. I went to Florida for the funeral. Pam I thought of you in the muggy hot weather. I found the humidity/heat worse on my body then when I was there one August.

I had increasing migraines for about two months. I finally linked them to a medication, stopped and was migraine free for a week. Yay. Yes I am smiling.

With all of that. I have been busy with all sorts of appointments. Very busy but was able to read a couple of books while waiting for appointments. (When I could concentrate.)

I finally replaced my iPhone which broke in early September. (My old trusted iPhone I used before getting any eink ereader.) I bought the new iPhone 6. I had a few issues with it.

Now I want to nap, but waiting for supper to be done, so I can nap without worrying about food in the oven.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2015 8:57:16 AM PST
MovieLover says:
Pam Texas,

You're welcome. People here seem supportive too!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2015 8:58:53 PM PST

Hi Thank you! We are all hanging in there.

I just finished reading an old dtb... Married by Chance. It was a cute western. I wanted to slap some since into the h in part of the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2015 8:47:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2015 8:49:24 PM PST

Thank you for your awesome hugs!!! I am visiting my son's house now. I already held my baby Gabriel and tried to get a burp out....nope he wouldn't burp. He is a nursed baby and rarely burps. I left my hubby home with our 2 dogs and my daughter's dog to watch. She drove me up here with her 2 kids and my son, Michael. My sister in law is living with us (since Sept 17th) she needed a place to stay for a while to get strong enough to live on her own after being in the hospital for 3 months this summer. She has been battling multiple myeloma for 1 1/2 years. She had a stem cell transplant and she is better. Anyway I really am ready for her to go back to her own house. She is strong enough now to live on her own. But.... she had her hot water heater burst and had major damage done to her house so it is being re done.... It should be done Soon..... I hope!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2015 7:29:23 PM PST
DoraLady says:

Congratulations on grandchild number 19. Hearing about God's little blessing put a smile on my face.

Sorry to hear about hubby's job. Your family has been having a rough time. As you approach Thanksgiving, I am sure it will be hard with the loss of your greatgrand neice.

Sending many hugs.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2015 5:51:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2015 5:52:42 AM PST
MovieLover says:
Pam Texas,
Sorry to hear your husband lost his job. Sending + thoughts for him to find

I read the "Dear Book Buying Confessional.... ( DBBC) " thread daily. The
women there are v supportive of ea. other. Sorry, I'm seldom on this thread,
not dissing anyone. Anyway 2 ladies on DBBC thread on page 331 listed links
to possible free ebooks. They were generous to share this info.

Hang in there!

Posted on Nov 4, 2015 9:14:12 PM PST
Hi all:

Where is EVERYONE????

This has been a very rough month for my family.... my hubby lost his job when the company he works for went blub..... :-(

I have been reading lots of freebies.....
I am grateful for all the people who find the freebies.

All the great fun holidays are looming and it just makes me sad right now. This year has not been a good year for us. Except my 19th grandchild was born in October. He is beautiful...... I plan to be holding him soon. :-p

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2015 2:11:49 PM PDT
Kindle Customer:

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties with your daughter's health. My little boy was almost 12 when he got super sick with a brain tumor. He went through Chemo and Radiation.... it took a year before all the treatments were over. But it took so much longer to get back to "normal." All his friends abandoned him except for 2. They went to our church. He is now 22 years old and deals with the side effects of the radiation daily. I like that you said you are reading books together. We did that too. We read the Rick Riordan books.... Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief I think was our first one he read. We listened to music a lot together too on our drives to the hospital ..... which were several times a month. He is healthy and ALIVE and that's what really counts..... we can live with the inconveniences..... I just wanted to encourage you and your daughter.... YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Try reading ALL the Janet Evanovich's books she is so funny and just a tad of romance...very sweet. Even my Hubby loves to listen to her books on a road trip. She has very early stories that are only about 5 discs long. Right now my mind is a blank .... look them up on Amazon. These books are before the Stephanie Plum books. We enjoy the Stephanie Plum books too. All those books have a number in the title... ie. ONE FOR THE MONEY.

Posted on Oct 17, 2015 9:25:49 AM PDT

Thanks. Since I have been with her 24/7 since Sept 2013. Her friends have forgotten her. So hard being 16 and so sick. I was so looking forward to seeing her teen events. Now she is a depressed mess over it. I read romance to her if it is funny. I read linda Howard's to die for BLair books. Now I am reading taking the billionaire, she likes more avatar Christian s tie and Alice insanity books, she reading or listening to classics like Moby dick on her own. She enjoys me reading the humorous romances to her. If anyone has suggests for those I would appreciate it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2015 7:16:38 AM PDT
KC says:
Kindle Customer, it does sound like a good day! Nice to do something so different every so often!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 333 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
19 Sep 17, 2015
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
145 18 days ago
one & only ever - give each other v-cards 2 17 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 5 7077 36 minutes ago
Hero watches heroine from afar before approaching her 5 42 minutes ago
Sick heroine 105 1 hour ago
Recommendation alpha male strong female 12 1 hour ago
H & h in love with other ppl 3 1 hour ago
*** Coffee Shop - Let's Chat About Life And Our Books, Both Current And Planning To Read, All In The Name Of Living HEA *** 8314 1 hour ago
Loan Me Thread V. 6 9461 1 hour ago
Train Recs: highly recommended but you wallbanged 585 1 hour ago
Thanksgiving Weekend Reading 46 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  244
Total posts:  8315
Initial post:  Feb 16, 2010
Latest post:  1 hour ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 21 customers

Search Customer Discussions