Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Wallbanger has arrived!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 27, 2012 8:01:48 AM PST
V SaewodTice says:
Thank the lord, Wallbanger has arrived.

Wallbanger

Read this as fanfiction and beyond excited to read this now!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:36:16 AM PST
ambrosia says:
For how long after the H and h meet face to face does the H continue to have sex with OW? Does he continue to smex with OW after he and the h begin to get physical? Thanks!

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 12:28:13 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 8, 2014 8:37:12 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 1:02:03 PM PST
Bitchie says:
Let us know how it differs from the Fic, so I know which one to read first, please!

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 4:22:30 PM PST
V SaewodTice says:
@ambrosia Yes H does smex other women after their first 'meeting'. But this is because they don't necessarily hit it off at first. But from the first moment he meets her (and let me just say that if this is the same as the fanfic first meeting - WOWZA) he can't get her out of his head. ******* SORT OF SPOILER ******** the OWomen - when you read you will understand - notice a change in him and he loses his normal interests in them. Because he and the h try to be civil and friendly. There is NO CHEATING once they are together, but it takes awhile to that point for them. The humor alone is worth it. ****END SORT OF SPOILER ******

Oh Darkpleasure! I'm so sorry it ended that way. Well, now you can put this Wallbanger in the memory bank. LOL You will continue to laugh all the way through too. The way she makes the cat his own character in the story is PRICELESS! I've been in tears with laughter before and am in them now too.

@SmutMommy - I will keep you posted on how different/alike they are. So far its pretty close, just some name and minor changes. Both beginnings equally good.

Okay, back to Wallbanger!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:32:33 PM PST
ambrosia says:
V SaewoodTice: thanks! I'll have to give it a try. I don't always like humor - it has to be fun but not slapstick - but this sounds pretty entertaining.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 8:35:24 AM PST
V SaewodTice says:
FINISHED. Whew!

Book is definitely good like the fanfic was. However, I do have to say that she was able to take a few more liberties with the fanfic, which made the humor even better. BUT that aside, I was still thoroughly entertained.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:41:27 AM PST
V SaewodTice says:
Hey Smut Mommy.

As for differences:

She could take a few more liberties with the fanfic, playing off the personalities of the Twilight characters a bit more.

She also shortened the length a bit, cut a few small things out, but overall kept pretty true to her original idea.

************Sort of Spoiler*************************
She did change one of the 'Other Women'. In the original, the third woman she hears through her bedroom wall doesn't giggle, she speaks like a Cockney Brit. LOL So, she labeled her the Cockney, not the giggler. This was changed to the woman giggling during sex, which lead to be called the Giggler in the book. (I preferred the Cockney. LOL)
**********************spoil over********************************************

not going to lie. The Fanfic is probably still my favorite, but the book was cleaned up and edited really well. The book will be going on my reread shelf and will be getting a 5 star review from me once I put it together. :o)

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 10:44:18 AM PST
Vasso says:
Okay....so I just downloaded Wallbanger and I cannot wait to start it but I'm kind of new to this stuff but what is this "fanfic" you all keep on talking about? Do I need to read that first? I love romance with humour, I just finished reading a really dark story so this sounds perfect.

Also...thanks for the mild spoilers, I don't mind them at all!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 11:01:57 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Fanfiction are unpublished stories based on existing books/tv shows, etc. Twilight Fanfiction (Twi-fic), would be amateur writers using Edward/Bella and the gang as the characters in their stories. Harry Potter is another popular Fanfic arena, as is Sookie Stackhouse, etc...

Wallbanger, Seduction and Snacks, 50 Shades of Grey, Poughkeepsie, all started out as free reads on the fanfic websites and were Twi-fic. Changes were made to remove references to Twilight before publishing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 11:04:34 AM PST
Bitchie says:
"Fanfic" is a story that started out based on something else. This story started out as a story set with Twilight characters, but in an alternate, all human universe.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 11:10:17 AM PST
Vasso says:
@HJ and @Smut.....thanks so much for explaining "fanfic" to me. So I guess I'm good since I never read Twillight or Harry Potter....so reading Wallbanger will not make me think of something else.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 8:55:39 PM PST
Just finished this today and finally figured why I wasn't getting it... I realised that this is my definition of Chick Lit - not Romance.
I kind of reached that Eureka moment when, at 62% h was out on a date with her ex, and then it wasn't until around 72% I started to feel any sort of romance happening with the H. Way too late in my rule book :-)
Now, I'm not clear on the diff. between Chick Lit and Romance but, in my tiny mind this book represents the former.
YMMV :-)))

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 11:22:46 AM PST
Vasso says:
I loved it. Such a great story. It was funny, sweet and oh so dirty towards the end.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions