Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Hero sends her away.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 84 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 18, 2012 11:27:39 AM PDT
OrlandoGirl says:
I'm looking for historical or contemporary where the hero sends the heroine away due to anger or misunderstanding. They get back together, of course, but there is drama along the way. :)

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 11:31:42 AM PDT
Love this kind of plot,hope you get some good recs!

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 12:33:49 PM PDT
sinnamon says:
A Perfect Scoundrel by Heather Cullman

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 1:30:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 18, 2012 4:21:11 PM PDT
LuckyGirl says:
Passions of a Wicked Earl (Avon) by Lorraine Heath

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 4:15:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 18, 2012 4:18:48 PM PDT
neon says:
Hi,

there is one, but I can't remember the title. Maybe someone else does..
The heroine's father is rich, but as he is not by birth part of the high society (and not accepted by them) he intends to marry his daughter to someone who is.

The problem is, she is left on the altar..her bridegroom to be doesn't show up. While "grieving" because of him, the brother of her former fiance shows up and is angry blaming her that she and her father made a plot.

In fact, the father wants him (brother of fiance) to marry her.. he does, but sends her away next day after consuming the marriage.

She was a shy and unsecure girl, but there where she was sent helped her become a more confident person.
She happens to be kidnapped to france..he goes to rescue her and so on.
The kidnapper doesn't want to harm her... in fact, he likes her very much. Hero was jealos because he thought there was something between them going on:P

a nice read, hero was a little mean, but not a jerk. I give the book 4/5 :) maybe someone can tell you the title..;)

addition: hero was sorry for what he did. and his brother (who was heroine's fiance) had a gambling problem. because he got money from heroine's father, he agreed to marry the heroine. Hero's father died relative young and tis is the reason his little brother was spoiled.

sorry for my english

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 5:03:58 PM PDT
ashlo says:
Just finished One Night of Scandal it fits this thread. It is the second in the series both are great book IMHO

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 7:25:41 PM PDT
tealadytoo says:
Pretty sure that's Rosemary Rogers' Bride for a Night (Hqn).

I really liked that one, though technically, he didn't send her away, he dumped her at the family estate and took off.

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 9:31:59 PM PDT
read4fun says:
Almost Heaven is the first one that comes to mind.

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 5:32:07 AM PDT
Lbadger99 says:
Splendid by Julia Quinn is one.

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 5:34:20 AM PDT
Lbadger99 says:
Double Standards by Judith McNaught is anothe

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 9:44:19 AM PDT
A customer says:
Barely a Lady (The Drake's Rakes series) , which I did not like. The heroine a doormat and the H an idiot.

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 10:10:23 AM PDT
bump

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 11:47:50 PM PDT
Dani D says:
Deceptive Desires

SPOILERS
H must marry h and leaves her after the wedding. She is pregnant but he doesn't know because he refuses to read her letters

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 6:55:50 AM PDT
ashlo says:
Dani D was this a great read?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 7:15:43 AM PDT
Kate Barley says:
Not Dani --

It's decent enough but short at 67 pages (plus it's also $2.99 which is something to consider given the length). It reads like a harlequin romance.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 7:16:50 AM PDT
Mercered says:
I wish the author had made it longer and with a bit more groveling. Price was way too much for what it was.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 7:25:23 AM PDT
Kate Barley says:
I actually liked it's Harlequin like writing but your're right -- it's too short for the price. The author has another book that's $3.99 for over 250 pages. Go figure.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 11:05:20 AM PDT
ICA says:
Thanks tealadytoo!! I didn't realize that some of Rodgers' stuff was available on Kindle now. I've never read any of her books, but I've seen her mentioned a lot on here. I have been wanting to try this author. I think I will start with this book.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 12:02:46 PM PDT
tealadytoo says:
She's been around a long time and her style varies a lot. Her older books are classic melodramatic bodice rippers. Not my cup of tea but prime examples of that style.

Bride for a Night is more recent and the H is not such a jerk, though he has his moments. I quite liked it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2012 6:39:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 22, 2012 6:40:33 PM PDT
Banished by Barbara McMahon is pretty good.
Husband is truly awful and wife suffers horribly, but it all works out.
(I got this as a kindle book, but it is no longer offered that way!)

The Golden Swan by Phyllis Warrady is on the edge
of this category. The H caused a scandal (slept with a married woman leading to divorce--
quite serious in the 19th century) and his father forced him to marry the h. She is really
very good and he leaves her and "forgets" her and when he comes back, he can't find her.
He doesn't grovel enough, but it is a pretty good story.

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 8:04:54 PM PDT
KatieM says:
When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 1:04:36 AM PDT
Lily definitely! He accuses her of shooting his brother. Very angsty.

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 7:15:10 AM PDT
Jean says:
A Scandalous Wife (Scandalous Series, BOOK 1) by Ava Stone

As the head of his family, Robert Beckford, the Earl of Masten, was accustomed to dealing with various problems his siblings had caused of one sort or another. However he wasn't prepared when his cad of brother ruined and then abandoned a young lady. To right the wrong, Robert married the girl himself; but his chivalry only went so far. He didn't want a wife, and most certainly not a scandalous one. So after repeating his vows, he sent her packing, off to a secluded estate and expected her to stay put.

After years of mistreatment at the hands of her family, Lydia was prepared to be an accommodating wife; but her rigid and unforgiving husband asked too much of her. After languishing for years in her opulent prison, Lydia leaves her country estate for the glamour and excitement of London-and unfortunately her husband's path.

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 9:35:13 AM PDT
Dream Fever - He sends her away more than once in fact, much drama, but the one towards the end is the best.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 1:28:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 7:29:52 AM PDT
Lives2Read says:
Hi Rutile Blue, Could you please lend me Banished? Sounds like a great book.

Many thanks in advance.

In Lady Hathaway's House Party the hero has left the heroine and is staying separately when they meet accidentally at a party.
In The Book of Scandal (Scandalous 1) the hero and heroine are estranged.
There are a couple of more old regencies that have this theme. Will look through my books and get back with more names.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 1 day ago
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
Love romances that start with letters or emails- any suggestions 48 11 minutes ago
Free Today Third Edition 2300 13 minutes ago
Need a good historical romance 92 27 minutes ago
The Bronze Horseman (Paullina Simons) 40 29 minutes ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 3937 2 hours ago
They Said What? 27 2 hours ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 425 2 hours ago
Romance with aliens that actually look like aliens 1683 2 hours ago
Dear book buying confessional........ 9789 2 hours ago
HP Discussion thread number 2 782 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  49
Total posts:  84
Initial post:  Aug 18, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 33 customers

Search Customer Discussions