Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Your absolute favorite of the Bridgerton series?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2012 11:44:03 AM PST
Rita Reader says:
I am re-reading this series and have been buying them again for my HD Kindle fire. Trying to pick and choose which ones I really love and will read again and again. So far I have all of them except the one about Francesca and Michael, When He Was Wicked. Anyone's opinion on this one being a must buy for my Kindle too? I have to say my favorite so far is the Duke and I about Daphne and Simon.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 11:58:34 AM PST
SAB says:
@Rita Reader.....in my opinion....When He Was Wicked is the BEST of the Bridgerton's. That story made me cry, melt, laugh and sigh. Very beautifully written. Michael is an amazing hero, his love and patience with Francesca is heartwarming. I think you will love it.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:00:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 1:11:38 PM PST
Sunshine says:
When He Was Wicked is my favorite of the Bridgerton series. It's not as funny as the other books in this series but by far the most emotional one. I love unrequited love stories that end with the love finally being reciprocated. :)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:02:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 12:03:02 PM PST
Hands down: "Duke and I"

Often times, I find the first book in a series of book to be my absolute favorite. If I don't like the first, chances are I won't pick up the second. But again, there are times when the romantic journey of the couple in the first book suffers because the author feel the needs to over-introduce a host of secondary characters who will become future h/H. In "Duke and I" Quinn added just enough teasers about Daphne's siblings to make us anticipate for each sibling's novel, but not enough to overshadow Simon and Daphne's story.

SPOILER
For those who have read "Duke and I", Simon had 3 scenes that stole me heart away: 1) meeting the MOM (with flowers) --- that was real sweet and funny at the same time, 2) Hyacinth and Simon, puddle scene --- afterwards when Hyacinth said that she'd marry him or some such; it's hard not to love someone who likes your family, and 3) Simon commenting on Daphne's eyes --- Simon's attentiveness is shocking but so utterly charming.

That said, I do love "Duke and I" -- gotta pull that out to reread! My second favorite is Colin's then Anthony's then Francesca's... Otherwise the others where all pretty mediocre. Hyacinth's novel was IMO most disappointing, perhaps because she has always been one of my favorite throughout the entire series and my expectations where off the chart.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 1:06:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 1:08:07 PM PST
StoppedinMD says:
Here! Here! The Duke and I, of course. Any book with heroines named Daphne has to be the best!
Oh Tomi, your synopsis makes me want to pull it out and reread this weekend.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 3:07:30 PM PST
M. Campbell says:
Has to be 'Romancing Mister Bridgerton'!!!!
I love love love it!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 3:11:48 PM PST
Susan says:
I was going to say "When he was Wicked". Thank you for jumping in ahead of me. It seems that it never comes up as a favorite. Good to know I'm not alone!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 3:16:04 PM PST
Robin Wilson says:
It really is a wonderful series. I accidentally began out of order with To Sir Phillip, With Love and thought there just have to be more books about the siblings. So glad that I was right...
My favorite...hmmm, it's a tie: The Duke and I and Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgerton Series, Book 4). (I really identify with Penelope.)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:09:22 PM PST
D. Arnold says:
The Duke and I, Romancing Mister Bridgerton and The Viscount who loved me are my favs.

Did anyone read the .5 books and are they worth getting?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:26:06 PM PST
PinkiexLi says:
My fav is The Duke And I (Bridgerton Family), but my close second is An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgerton Family). I loved the whole Cinderella aspect of it.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:49:36 PM PST
ReadingAgent says:
@ D. Arnold

I borrowed and read the second epilogues from the public library. They were mostly disappointing for me.

My favorite from the bunch was the epilogue for To Sir Phillip, With Love because it actually had a story and something new to offer. The epilogue for Romancing Mister Bridgerton was ok. The rest I did not enjoy. They were bits of fluff, but not entertaining fluff--just filler. Not worth the (almost) $2 IMHO.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:04:52 PM PST
Hands down The Viscount Who Loved Me. It is one of my top 10 all time favorite romances - Mr. Bridgerton comes in a close second, but Anthony and Kate are my favorites by far.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:09:38 PM PST
Colleen says:
D.Arnold, supposedly, sometime this month JQ is releasing all of them (plus a story about Violet meeting Ed(win? ward?)!! So pumped for that!) and it should be under $5.
I'm waiting until then.
As for my favorite, it's got to be Romancing Mister Bridgerton. Such an amazing story.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:20:56 PM PST
tealadytoo says:
Good to hear! I just started the series with "The Duke and I " and loved it. I'll have to watch for the rest.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:24:31 PM PST
cbela says:
Likewise, I really liked and I can easily reread Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgerton Family)!!! :) I wouldn't say When He Was Wicked is a must buy... but since it still is a good book, too.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:37:31 PM PST
JudyZ6666 says:
I liked "When He Was Wicked" very much, but my favorite is "The Viscount Who Loved Me." Close after would be "The Duke and I" (I thought his whole "why I don't want to be a father" thing was crap, which is why I downvote it) and "It's In His Kiss" (Not a favorite among Bridgerton readers, I think, but I liked it--btw, the epilogue for this one, after the epilogue to "When He Was Wicked," was very good).

I like "Romancing Mr. Bridgerton," but I think it failed me on the overhyped test. I wanted (an undefined) more based on online raves, and it was average. Bridgerton average, that is. ;-)

Judy

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 10:15:38 PM PST
read4fun says:
My fav is "The viscount who loved me" and "Romancing Mr.Bridgerton"comes next followed by "The duke and I". I can't wait for this re-release you guys are talking about since I read them as DTBs and would love to have them on my kindle!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 3:55:30 AM PST
Victoria says:
The Viscount Who Loved Me is one of my all time favorite stories.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 4:39:49 AM PST
Mo says:
I recently re-read the series also and would agree that When He Was Wicked
was definitely one of the best of the series - loved it.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 10:22:36 AM PST
Romancing Mr Bridgerton is my absolute favourite! Followed by The Duke and I.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 12:14:28 PM PST
virky says:
The Viscount Who Loved me, followed by The Duke and I.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 12:19:52 PM PST
Romancing Mr Bridgerton by far , then The Viscount Who Loved Me. I enjoyed Duke & I for the first third then grew to hate it along with Daphne.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 1:25:44 PM PST
Interesting that no one really seemed to be a big fan of Eloise's book, nor Gregory or Hyacinth. I do hope the epilogues come out as a book - even if it's $6.99 I'd probably pay it - I just could not stand the idea of buying each one separately.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 4:17:42 PM PST
mkzj says:
My favorites were without doubt Colin (though I think of it as Penelope's story) and Benedict (I think of it as Sophie's story).

I truly loved Penelope in all the books. I always knew she'd be Lady Whistledown. I was so happy that Penelope got her happy ending after how sad I had been when she had heard Colin say that he would never marry Penelope. Jerkface.

I loved Benedict's story. I love that he ever only wanted two women with all his heart, the woman he lost and the woman he found (yes I am paraphrasing Nora Roberts). Sophie was so awesome, the Cinderella before Cinderella.

I really did like Francesca's story as well, though it just made me sadder than everyone else's.

Eloise's story was pretty good, so were Anthony, Gregory's and Hyacinth.

I truly despised Daphne after her book. I could not stand her, and will never be reading "The Duke and I" again.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 5:15:45 PM PST
Rita Reader says:
Wow. Thanks everyone for your input. I can see that I will HAVE to buy When He was Wicked too. I read it years ago but I am so enjoying the series all over again. And this kindle fire will SO spoil you! I am not wanting to read a print book. I have to get over it though because I have about 100 of them, and I just started the Julia Maclean series the one that is has Nine, ten and eleven in the title. The thing about it is you know you will enjoy the Bridgerton's over and over. I just have to get my explanation ready to my husband about why I am buying a new kindle book almost every day! It is a good thing we no longer have a car payment. Too many books-so little time!! Ha!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions