Customer Discussions > Romance forum

HP discussion. Good bad and inbetween.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2011 1:20:32 PM PST
boogenhagen says:
That is what I thought too, MR put the situations like they are comparable, they aren't, he was out there getting it on with someone else and she is basically trying to help the only family she has. There is no comparison. That's why I thought she should have just let the bro be arrested and kept going. The H was pretty poorly written, I can just see the future, everytime she does something he doesn't like, he will be "I'll find another woman". Hopefully the h will get a backbone and say "please do, I am done". That was one of the worse comparisons ever. I though that part was stupid but I still don't count it as a worst ever, MR is good enough that she does manage to salvage the situation somewhat. I still think they are only together because of sex though.

Posted on Mar 12, 2011 1:51:01 PM PST
boogenhagen says:
Actually, the more I think about it re After Their Vows, I am going the Catholic route on this and state IMO the intention was a good as the act. He did cheat, he did betray her and the only reason I am not really angry about it is because she was so bland an h that I really don't think it mattered.

Posted on Mar 12, 2011 2:25:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2011 2:29:41 PM PST
AFTER THE VOWS was like the Franco/Hathway Oscar show. He overcompensated and the h was lifeless. What you get is an "I don't really care" book.

I don't think they are together because of sex. I felt his love for her more than her love for him. At first, he was ruthless and extremely old-fashion in his thinking -- stepford wife or I will leave you. However, when he does go through with the ultimatum and she files for divorce, he was again ruthless to get her with him but he changed his tactics -- acted like a rational, mature businessman that he was. He worked out his relationship with her brother so that she didn't have to choose between them. He was willing to set her up in business in his hometown city so that she wouldn't have travel and they could spend more time together.

If it was just sex, why bother with setting up the brother and a new job. He could've easily have a mistress relationship until he was done with her. He didn't need to do more because she was willing to do anything for her brother. Instead, h learned his lesson and gave them a different way of doing things. Loving her means willing to find solutions instead of giving ultimatums.

For her, she just went along with it because the "cheating", miscarriage, and her brother took their toll on her. She seemed to have lost her will/vibrancy and just opened herself up to be taken care. She quickly accepted more than her share of the broken marriage. Most irritating part of the book. Even the supposed "love-child", flash in the pan anger and then acceptance of the relationship. She didn't even really confront him about it.

I think they will be happy because he will do what he can to keep her happy and she would be occupied with her part-time job, the children, and secure in his love for her. He will be the strong hand to her brother and sort him out so she doesn't have to worry about him. That's all she wants anyways. It wouldn't be a dynamic/passionate loving marriage but still a loving marriage.

Lastly, I agree that the comparables are far from equal however, I don't think he cheated. He meant to but couldn't go through with it. Rationality over hot-headness. What he lost of his actions will forevermore weigh heavily on his mind and make him think twice about giving that specific ultimatum again.

Posted on Mar 12, 2011 2:43:40 PM PST
Double D says:
So he did kiss the other woman in the new MR book?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2011 4:52:09 PM PST
boogenhagen says:
He was making out with her on the dance floor and the h sees him. Later on he winds up taking the OW home and gets photographed by the press.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2011 7:49:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2011 7:49:33 PM PST
Double D says:
Oh crud. I was so looking forward to a good book from her, or anyone for that matter. There has definitely been a shortage in quality HP's lately. Thank you for answering. You rock!

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 3:44:11 AM PDT
Michigangirl says:
So curiosity wound up getting the better of me.

I think this is a read first thing and I finally understand the people who hated Bellini Bride because it was a remake of Mistress Wife.

This was a LOT like Lost in Love and of the two I definitely liked LIL more.

This book was just way more wishy washy and less blame accepting.

Early on in the book the hero thinks that he "called her bluff" and it backfired in his face. I didn't get that, first of all, she would have called his bluff, not the other way around. She went to help her brother again, he said you do and some other woman will be in my bed tonight, she went anyway, he got some other woman. It would be a bluff if he didn't mean to go through with it, and he did.

I also didn't like how, at the end, they make the OW sound like some evil horrible person. First of all, he's the one that started coming on to her and making out with her and leading her into thinking they were going to get it on. In order for him to change his mind, which he admits he did, he had to have intended on sleeping with her in the first place.

At the end she was made out to be a woman who just tries to cause trouble between married people. He came on to her first. Yes, she did make the phone call and tell the heroine what happened, even if it was all lies, but he made the first move.

Also, the implication was that the boy was at the right age to be his, so apparently she was busting up two marriages in two different countries at exactly the same time? Didn't make a lot of sense really. Especially since I think they mentioned she went back to her home country a few months after.

The heroine had so much angst I was ready for something to happen, but nothing really did. She had a brother who used her and didn't really love her or understand her, a husband who just wanted things his way and refused to acknowledge his own blame. And dead baby. All this and nothing? Just some shiny eyeballs? I wanted so much more.

So when the hero finally decides to say, hey, maybe it was partly my fault and the heroine says, no no no I was a lousy wife so it's only understandable you went to someone else I wanted to fling her off a cliff and really give her something to angst about.

And it was so minor but really grated on my nerves that her job as a model was taking her away when he could finally get back from his job and be with her. Because his job is so much more important than hers. Yes, money wise he's making more, probably. But he's also got enough to be set forever if he decided to retire to be with his wife. So if she'd really really loved modeling, tough luck because it was her duty to make herself available to him when he had time from his job?

Ugh.

But I think the real deal breaker for me on this book was the fact that, at the beginning the hero alludes to owning up to some mistakes. But it was basically like a kid. Sure I did this but that wasn't supposed to happen so I'm not to blame.

Then for most of the book he considers himself holier than thou because she judged him as a cheater and he didn't cheat.

In this case intent does mean something because he wasn't intending on ending his marriage. He was just going to go have a one night stand with another woman to prove to wife-y that she should be doing what he said. It backfired on him because although he changed his mind half way through, everyone still thought he did and instead of it bringing his wife into line, she left him.

Then he was still the victim because she left him for something he didn't do so she was the bad person.

I think the book was just frustrating. Not enough angst where it should be, not enough mudslinging when I wanted it. And I really didn't get that these two were happy at any point. They just didn't seem to have anything to fall back into, and they were too busy wallowing in their own righteousness on his part and self-loathing distrust on her part for them to really feel connected.

And once again I'm left with questions about the hero's night with the other woman. The only thing really told is what the heroine saw, the fact that he went to her apartment, with her still wrapped around him. He claimed that he wasn't turned on by the other woman, that he changed his mind, but it never said when he changed his mind, only that he did. And he was making out on the dance floor with her and that was described aptly enough that I don't believe this was jealousy/torment fill in the blank with something that's not happening by the heroine.

I love MR's books for the most part, but one thing I find frustrating is the thought that it's not cheating if Tab A never actually was put in Slot B. There's more to it than that.

And just in case I didn't mention this before, I really didn't like that the hero planned on sleeping with another woman just to get back at the heroine but had no intention of actually ending his marriage.

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 7:15:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2011 7:17:36 AM PDT
readsalot says:
re: After the Vows

I really don't understand myself sometimes... I know everyone said it's not a great book and yet I ordered it and ended up reading parts of it last night before I shoved ( sadly, you can't throw a eReader around) my book away in a huff. *deep breath*

I thought I could deal with the heroine's devotion to her brother because I grew up in a home where a parent (single mom, she ran 2 jobs supporting us) was mostly absent. My sister and I had to pretty much raise my baby brother so I thought I could relate, but boy was I wrong. First of all, this so called devotion is nothing but another form of a doormat- syndrome. I am not even half way through the book and I don't think I could go on, I literally want to vomit.

She seems to spend most of her time being stomped on by her brother, or the hero. Her brother completely and utterly takes advantage of her constantly and we're reminded of this behavior and their history every few pages. Then in the next scene, the hero is telling her to "just get over " his apparent affair with the OW, this said without guilt, regret, any emotion! If that's not making you want to gag yet, the minute the hero's lips touches hers, she's too busy shoving her tongue down his throat. It get's worse, SHE practically rapes HIM in bed, he had to put a stop to her clinging! OK, lets rethink this for a minute, this girl thinks her husband cheated on her with his ex, then this becomes big news in the papers so the whole world knows her humiliation. Moreover, this trauma causes her to lose her baby! Instead of talking things out, making him suffer, or something, she's too busy just being a slutty, TSTL doormat with him, FOR her brother who walks all over her.

Only in HP could you get a double dose of a doormat'ism. I'm so completely disgusted with this heroine, can you tell? She should have sent her brother to jail to learn a lesson and just walked away from the arrogant husband. I have no wish to finish this so I have no idea if he ever redeems himself, or grovel but at this point, I don't care, who would take a woman like this seriously? She yells, you cheated, he says "get over it" then she's shoving her tongue down his throat in lust..... Oh pulease.... *rolls eyes*

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 7:35:36 AM PDT
I did enjoy Kimberley Lang's "Girl's Guide To Flirting With Danger." It's a book with reuniting exes, but in this one, they encounter the same problems that broke them up before, but instead of walking away, they work through them. Fabulous. And so refreshing that they still loved the sex, but recognised that a relationship takes more than that.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2011 8:56:25 AM PDT
seton says:
I agree that it's usually best to pay in US dollars if possible. Everybody gives different exchange rates which drives me up the wall. I am bad on waiting for new bks but I can usually deal if it saves me $$. However, buying M&B is often necessary since some bks take yrs to show up in the US. My fave Abby Green, for example, has yet to show up in the US and isnt likely to anytime soon according to AG's website. That would be RUTHLESS GREEK BOSS, SECRETARY MISTRESS which came out in 2009 (?), I think.

Sorry that I can't take part in the AFTER THEIR VOWS discussions but I dislike MR's storytelling so don't read her.

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 11:40:18 AM PDT
Michigangirl says:
I think the point of the 5 inch spikes in ATV was to show that the hero was concerned for the heroine and worried about her but it was coming out more like he was dictating. So basically all the times when he was telling her what to do and acting like a jerk it was only the way it sounded when really he was just worried about her.

It didn't really work though.

And sat/nav was probably just to show that there was more to them than just having sex all the time. Like a moment showing how their relationship exists and they're just together, even though it's only in the car. Also didn't work for me. I appreciate the point of togetherness without just wanting to jump each others bones or rip each others throats out, but it was the wrong time and place for that. Finding out her hubby still has something going on with his OW, finding out OW was in his apartment and had a baby conveniently old enough to fit the time frame of when he cheated. Finding out she might be pregnant at the same time. Not the best place for her to just ho-hum him.

Another frustrating point for me is the fact that every 70 pages someone would comment that she must have realized that nothing happened with the OW or she wouldn't have gone back with him, and she agreed. It didn't have that blackmail feel because she was the one that actually decided to work things out when she had plenty of times where he decided it wasn't worth the effort. She was the one fighting to stay half the time. So she didn't even have the blackmail part to say, I only did this for my brother. It just felt more pathetic that she was back with him thinking he cheated on her previously because no one thought she'd go back to him to try again without that cleared up and she just kept agreeing with everyone.

And by the way, why did her louse thief user brother get to fly first class all the way out to some ranch where he supposedly had to work really hard? Does anyone think he really had to work really hard? Or did he just have to work for a while and then go relax in the big mansion with the giant swimming pool.

All he wanted was money and recognition. He was talking about how pathetic his sister was but it wasn't about her, it was about how kids used to envy him because he had a super model sister and now they don't because she isn't anymore. And he used to be able to have whatever he wanted without asking for it first and now he had to ask. I really wanted her to say, you want stuff you don't have to ask for? Get a job and start earning some money. I worked and broke my back to make enough money to pay off debts and keep us secure so you didn't go into a home and all you care about is having money, being the envy of your friends and being upset that you don't have an open end account to just do whatever you want whenever you want.

She didn't stand up to him and I really wanted her to. And I don't think the hero really stood up to him, he just put him out of the way.

And the point of the OW and the apartment was dumb also. I honestly think the papers would have plastered that all around if she'd broken up another marriage, had a baby that might be his and was living in the same apartment building as him. Some gossip rag is going to pick up on that especially since it made such a big splash a year ago. And if it didn't really matter, what difference did it really make? He knew she was there but didn't care until his wife actually wanted to go back there and then he decided..oh crap..even though I'm perfectly innocent and feel like making her feel like crap all the time I need to make sure that OW is out of the way and not in the building before I take my wife there.

And he couldn't remember what he said to her but knew that he'd said her name so his wife knew? If he was just saying I want to buy the apartment because I don't want any more trouble between my wife and myself I don't see where what he said was an issue to cause her more pain? Not to mention he wasn't speaking in english and she doesn't know the flipping language. duh.

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 1:55:48 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
I got a GB credit card to use for book purchases on Amazon uk and mills/boon. You can get them prepaid or just regular. I like it because I don't get so hosed on the exchange rate.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2011 2:57:07 PM PDT
Reader in NJ says:
Boogenhagen, that's fine if you are buying ebooks. However, if you buy paperbacks from Amazon or M&B you have to add shipping costs as well. At The Book Depository you only pay for the book no shipping and if you calculate the exchange rate it is usually cheaper.

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 2:11:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2011 2:16:32 AM PDT
readsalot says:
@seton

I don't think I've read anything by Abby Green, thanks for bringing this author to my attention! Only time I really bother with HP is when it's mentioned here, because every time I actually buy some random HP book, it turns out BAD! lol. :)

re: re: After the Vows

Did you girls catch that bit about him saying she'll now never know who else he's been with after they split up? I don't quite remember how it was worded but it sounded like he's been with other women besides the main OW. I normally wouldn't consider this cheating or even bother me, since they split up. However, if he didn't think the relationship was over and done with, and if he had no intentions of letting her go and was in fact looking for her, why was he with all these OW? I know this was left pretty vague which just irked me more... Moreover, I find it pretty unrealistic that the heroine never bothered to ask or even wonder about it. She's human after all, what woman wouldn't wonder this...

I completely agree with you, Michigangirl about the OW and the APT bit - actually your whole post. That came out of no where and to me it made absolutely no sense what so ever. I felt as if he was lying through his teeth about everything. Wouldn't you be furious at a woman who helped in breaking up your marriage? The OW did tell lies about them all over the papers, which he knew about but said nothing to defend his wife or himself! How could he then turn around and help her in anything else after that? Then kept lying to the wife about her.... simply made no sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2011 8:41:26 AM PDT
Reader in NJ says:
Readsalot, I did pick up on him saying that about being with OW. But I didn't believe that he acutally had been with others. That was just him trying to hurt her for not believing in him -- not trusting him. He expected her to trust him not to sleep with someone else even though he told her that is what he would do. Not very rational on his part. I honestly think that he didn't realize how bad his actions were until after they got together again and he left the room in a huff. When he came back he finally admitted that a married man had no business kissing another woman the way he had done. To me that was a "light bulb moment" on his part.

As for that OW living in an apartment in his building -- that entire piece made no sense to me either. After the way she lied to the press and now he also knows that she lied to his wife -- leaving that voice message -- why would he have anything to do with her. Any dealings regarding the apartment could have been handled with the guy she was with. The H did not need to have any contact with her.

MR is still one of my favorite HP authors. However, this book just seemed very disjointed. It was almost as if she wrote different sections of it and then pieced it together without making sure that there was a continuous flow.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2011 8:52:49 AM PDT
seton says:
readsalot -- Abby Green is very, very good. Best new HP author debuting in the last five yrs, along with Caitlin Crews, IMO. Writes a winning combination of emotional and steamy that is perfect for today's HQN readers. I know you will love RUTHLESS GREEK BOSS, SECRETARY MISTRESS if u can get it from the UK. It has your type of H/h. I know everyone loved The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (Harlequin Presents Extra: the Marriage Bargain). I thought it was good, like most of her stuff, but I wasnt too sympathetic to the H as i should have been.

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 10:42:15 AM PDT
Michigangirl says:
SMB was the one where she thought they were getting closer and having something lasting until she overheard him talking to his sister and saying how convenient it was that she was pregnant because now he wouldn't have to marry yet another person to get heirs? And how he didn't love her and there was really no chance?

I liked the book but I thought it needed something more. I read Kept For Her Baby also and thought they both had elements that I liked and didn't like and wished they could have been combined.

SMB had her dream not mean anything to him, he basically told her not to wake the kid, but I didn't like the sleep walking talking explain everything dream sequence in the other book, I just liked that it meant something to the hero that she was having these nightmares.

I also didn't like the fact that he could stand there talking to his sister about how he didn't love his wife and it wasn't going to happen. In a nutshell the sister was not 10 she didn't need to be reassured of anything. She had her own life and she had no business being in his life. However, I thought the heroine was wrong in this book to leave and pretend to be a gold digger so her kid wouldn't have to be emotionally scarred from the hospital stuff and watching her die slowly. It'd leave the kid emotionally scarred to think the mom would run off immediately because she didn't want him/her and never come back also. If she didn't want the kid there she could have done other things. Also..baby isn't going to know.

I did feel sad for the heroine that she thought they were moving closer and then she had to find out that he didn't feel anything right when she needed someone to stand by her.

But yeah, for the hero to talk like that about the heroine to his sister, definitely WTF this guy is a jerk no matter what. I didn't think he was doing the I love no one thing either, because he thought they were getting closer to a relationship also, and was upset when she left him.

I would have really liked the book if it had been them almost making something, her finding out she's terminal and then confronting him with it but living with the fact that he didn't love her. It's my hidden agenda to get super sappy angst filled books and that would have done it for me.

Abby Green and Annie West are my two new authors..or at least new to me authors, that I'm picking up anything they do. I've had some stinkers by both but I've had some really great ones too.

Someone said previously that Girl's Guide to Flirting was good, but now that I know what it's about I'll definitely pick it up. I know I was in the store and thinking..someone said that was good, but the title just pushed me away. Too chick lit sounding, which is not really a genre I go out of my way to read.

In ATV, I remember him saying something about the OW he had after, and I remember at the time thinking that he sounded like he did. Also, he wasn't a very caring guy. I read that part and thought, I'm sure at the end they'll clear that up and I guess they never did but I forgot about it.

Any guy that would tell his wife he's going to sleep with another woman because she's going to help her brother out, and then proceeds to do just that is a guy that if he says he was sleeping with other women during the separation, I believe it. Another thing was the fact that his reasons for stopping with the other woman were never exposed. He thought better of it. But why? He had no problems thinking about doing it and expecting to stay married because it was her fault and her that pushed him to it in the first place. Like he figured she called up the other woman and said come have sex with my husband tonight because I have other things to do and then told him, look, you can't have me tonight so you're going to have to have sex with this other woman because I've got better things to do than pander to you. That was just his attitude. It was all her fault. So I can easily see him sleeping with other women. It wouldn't bug me at all if he hadn't planned on staying married to her. But he did.

She left him because of what he did, end of story. But in his mind she left him for something he didn't do and it was all her fault for never coming to him and asking him if he did it or not. She didn't have to do it because she'd gone back and gone to the club he was at and watched him making out with the other woman, not just kissing either, but to the point of almost having sex on the dance floor. Again the point is, he was out almost having sex with another woman on the dance floor. Bad enough. In front of all their friends in public and was photographed so everywhere she went people knew exactly what her husband had done, that makes it worse. And while he shouldn't have done it, it was her fault for assuming that he'd had sex with the other woman. No he just almost had sex with her and publicly humiliated his wife in front of his friends. But he wasn't wrong because he didn't have sex with that woman. The attitude is frustrating. He had every intention of doing it. It's not like he had a platonic date with one failed kiss, he was going at it on the dance floor for however long with OW in front of all their friends and then decided he didn't want to. Maybe his decision was because he'd already had that and didn't really want it again. Nothing to do with the fact that what he was doing as a married man was wrong, or that his feelings for the heroine meant he shouldn't be doing it. And I say that because he still doesn't get that he did anything wrong a year later. He didn't have sex with her so he had done nothing wrong.

When he does his I guess I was wrong moment, she completely ruined it by saying..no no no it was all my fault. No it wasn't. Yes, she did have blame, but he decided that telling her what to do was the only way to handle things and making her do what he wanted was the best. He decided that if she didn't do what he wanted, he would show her by sleeping with someone else and he went out to do that. He acted worse than her brother, she had to do everything he wanted or he acted out about it and then blamed her because she forced his hand. The brother blamed her for him stealing her card because she made him ask for things he wanted and he didn't want to ask.

It's just frustrating. Like Italian's Marriage Demand where he was sleeping with the heroine while he was engaged to someone else but she was the bad person and he was lily white and honorable and no one ever called him out on it.

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 11:35:25 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 14, 2011 12:50:11 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 3:06:56 PM PDT
readsalot says:
Seton, I 'm going to download the 2 Abby Green's books tonight and attempt to read it (if I have some spare time that is!). If I end up liking it, are there any other titles you or someone could recommend? I think I'm going to behave and order the rest from paperbackswap, because the cost of ebooks sure do add up exceedingly fast!

re: After Their Vow

From his explanation to the h, when she didn't believe that he didn't sleep with the OW, I thought he said it was because the OW was drugged up. Then he went on to say that he had to help her up to her Apt because she was in a mess. I don't know, part of me felt as if he would've gone ahead with his vendetta if the OW was sober. But to be perfectly honest, I'm probably seeing everything in a negative light because I just didn't care for the h or the H.

I also couldn't believe how MR dumped all the blame on the h. That was just the icing on the cake to a very bad HP. I like MR because her books tend to be emotional, but her heroines drive me absolutely crazy sometimes!

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 4:34:24 PM PDT
seton says:
MIgirl -- re: TSMB. H started getting on my nerves with his righteous injured party act. I really didnt think he had a leg to stand on since they had a MOC with sex, not a love match, and he just had reassured his sis that the h doesnt mean anything to him. And what was up with that nanny that just left? I thought that was gonna come up again but it never did.

readsalot -- get back to me w/ how u like the 2 bks and I'll do a write-up of the other ones i have read.

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 9:21:43 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
Re After Their Vows--the H was an idiot, he accuses her of not believing in him or trusting him when the exact opposite was the case. He told her he was going to find another woman, he did to the point of almost sexxing her on the dance floor, the g saw it, the press got photos of it and the only reason he did not complete the deed was the OW was high and that wasn't his style. The h totally believed he did what he said he would do because he did it. It is completely asinine to come back after a year of screwing whomever he chose and then tell his wife he did not do anything and she should believe him now. Unfortunately the two positions are 180 degrees apart and so for one to be true the other has to be a lie. WTF is there to trust or believe at that point except he is a bad choice and move on. Except this h was so lust crazed she couldn't see the problem and that stupidity is why they deserve each other and I hope she is a demanding brat for the rest of their lives.

Posted on Mar 15, 2011 5:24:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2011 5:26:25 AM PDT
readsalot says:
I started the RUTHLESS GREEK BOSS, SECRETARY MISTRESS last night. I'm finding her writing quite liberating, because she writes with a sexual bluntness that is unusual in a HP, what a breath of fresh air ( in my very limited experience), but without it turning into a emotionless -sex, Blaze book. I actually like the h (hard to do in HP usually lol) and the H hasn't pissed me off yet. I'm kinda surprised that I'm liking this this much, since sexually repressed AND plain h's are my pet peeves, because they can drag out a book for too friggin long. However, in this book, I have not been irritated by it at all. Actually, I find myself being charmed by her and his antics to win her over. His obsessive (always a huge plus) thoughts of her is melting my heart lol.

I adored how the author described the heroine's figure as "wantonly voluptuous", how utterly cute!..... So far, I'm really loving every moment of this book, cant you tell? :)

re: After Their Vows
boogenhagen, you've just described exactly how I felt about their relationship. Exactly!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2011 6:22:47 AM PDT
Ophelia says:
seton:
May I ask what book TSMB is? Sounds interesting.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2011 7:21:15 AM PDT
boogenhagen says:
The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (Harlequin Presents Extra: the Marriage Bargain) TSMB--very angsty book but good. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2011 7:42:42 AM PDT
seton says:
readsalot -- the "wantonly voluptuous" line is my favorite line in the whole bk. I got a bunch of my goodreads friends to read it just b/c of that line. Sorry about the plain h, didnt know that was a peeve. I personally prefer a plain h myself. Beauty in the eye and death is the mother of beauty and all that.

What I especially loved about the bk was that both H/h was strong and both had personal demons and AG didnt short-changed the h in favor of H's issues. I hate when authors do that.

Glad ur loving it :-)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  239
Total posts:  9980
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2011
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 58 customers

Search Customer Discussions