Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Fans of k-dramas... please help

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 901-925 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 5, 2012 5:23:41 PM PST
Evie says:
I'm so glad to see that I am an not the only person who LOVES kdramas in America!! My first one was The Princess Hours and then it snowballed from there. 16-20 episodes of non stop drama, handsome leading men, and funny shenanigans complete with happy ending! Who could ask for more? Since then, I've watched sooo many more dramas such as My Princess, Secret Garden, Full House, Partners, City Hall, Delightful Girl Choon Hyung, My Girl, and many, many more. Just can't get enough!!!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 5:53:13 PM PST
D.M. - couple of additional titles I've seen for Flower Boy Next Door are: 1) My Flower Boy Neighbor & 2) Neighbor Hottie. Didn't see much info on the webtoon. So here's hoping for a good ending for Nice Guy.

Looks like the C-movie version of the K-drama Secret Garden will premiere in December - don't know how long it will take till it's released on Viki or Dramafever.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 3:04:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 3:50:42 PM PST
Evie - Welcome - Yep, several K-drama addicts on this thread.

I have now watched the first 4 hours of Full House Take 2 - so far it has not been a trainwreck, but instead a light fluffy drama. I remain confused as to why it's named Full House Take 2 as it seems much more like You're Beautiful (without the cross-dressing) than Full House.

I've started watching a cute drama called Panda and Hedgehog.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 6:38:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 6:39:38 AM PST
Adnana says:
"Nice Guy", episode 17
**SPOILERS**

Yeah, so it seems the soompi fandom was more than half-right: it really was Maru who left the accident report on Eungi's desk. And he did this expecting/hoping/fearing that it would jolt her memories and make her remember. So when he came looking for her in her office he truly was apprehensive because he didn't know what he would encounter.
Also, I think he suspected Eungi from that moment on. He couldn't be completely sure that she had remembered, but he had to have seriously considered the possibility -- especially since Eungi didn't immediately confront him about the accident report. And once he found that crumpled piece of paper in Eungi's room ("Maru is a nice guy that can't be found anywhere else in the world" -- with "nice guy" misspelled) he knew the truth. And he decided to wait for her decision. It was heartbreaking to see him trying to cling to hope while at the same time being weighted down by a sense of doom. Because deep down, he knew that he had already lost Eungi.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:47:44 AM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
Hey Adnana, first I want to thank you for introducing me to the soompi forums, I am lurking there sometimes at the "Nice Guy/Innocent Man" Thread. They are very active over there, like 680 pages of posts already lol. I haven't joined because I don't think I'll have the time to post. Anyways I noticed that they post the earliest links to the new episodes. Therefore I have already watched episode 17, or parts of it, and I can't wait until it gets subbed so I can understand the proper context of the events. I also can't wait for episode 18.

I'm wondering about something, was Eungi the one who sent that document about Maru and Jae Hee being in a past relationship to the press? And that last scene, did Maru just tell Eungi that he knows that she remembers everything? I am really sympathizing with Eungi, I mean she has the right to be angry- at least for a little while.

Now I'm waiting patiently/impatiently for episode 17 of Nice Guy to get subbed, and I will also be watching the first episode of Missing You this evening (hopefully subbed).

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 9:26:02 AM PST
OMG...just finished the first episode of Missing You raw, and people prepare to sob from the first scene to the last. Soo Yeon's life will just break your heart, and you already see why Jung Hoon wants to be her protector so badly. She needs one. Her mother, just from one episode, already winning worst K-drama mother EVER! Seriously, this lady is beyond words. I didn't understand all that was happening in Jung Hoon's world and will definitely needs subs for that story. But Soo Yeon's life requires no language understanding, it's AWFUL. I don't know if I can take any more of the childhood episodes because they're going to rip my heart out I can tell. This writer usually has tragic backstory and ends with an HEA. But this was just painful to watch in many ways. So PLEASE, PLEASE writer keep to your history. Because even after one episode if these two poor souls don't get some happiness in here somewhere, I'm going to be seriously ticked!

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 9:52:53 AM PST
D.M~ I just got around to double checking my copy of MP. I don't know the exact ratio but, when I watch any (not just MP) of my dvd's on the player in the bedroom they are all widescreen. When I watch them in the living room they are all full screen. I don't know if it's difference of tv brands or size, dvd player brands or dvd brand, that's just how they play. Maybe a setting I have it on? Not really sure why.

Think I will check out Can We Get Married starring Jung So Min (from Playful Kiss) and Sung Joon (from Shut Up Flower Boy Band and Lie to Me) I love those two actors. I've been watching Arang and it is really cute but the old lady is REALLY creepy. And the faithful sidekick Dol Soe really reminds me of Secretary Kim from Secret Garden. He's really funny :)
I know there is a ton of upcoming drama's but I am really excited about the Park Shin Hye drama Flower Boy Next Door.

Now to the Secret Garden movie. I'm not for sure I will be that excited about it. SG along with ISWAK and TKA are my absolute favorite drama's. After seeing the trailer posted of Koala's Playground, I may not watch it. 1- how can they fit 20 hrs of material into 2hr movie format. 2- Just the look on the actors faces made it seem like they were making fun of the drama and how silly some of the plot line could sometimes be. Shoot, I know i'll end up watching, but no one could ever take the place of Gil Ra Im and Kim Joo Won ***sigh*** (I know some couldn't stand him but to each his own :) )

Welcome Evie!! You are definately not alone. I sometimes wonder how I fit my real life into my drama watching addiction ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:08:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 11:10:41 AM PST
Adnana says:
D.M.,

Your questions about "Nice Guy" -- I'll answer them this way:
(the final scene transcript - by chrissy96@soompi)

*SPOILERS**

EG: Where were you and what took you so long?
MR: Let's talk.
EG: Where were you after throwing me away (leaving me before the wedding)?
MR: Is this what you wanted?
EG: I said, where were you?!

Park: Pardon me? (What did you just say?)
Sec: The leaking of the relationship between Maru and Jaehee... Eungi did it.
Park: The events today... Eungi did them? (She planned them?)
Sec: I tried stopping her...
Park: This can't be... This can't be

Maru: I know everything, Seo Eungi. I know that all your memories are back. I know that you now remember what a bad guy I was.

My comments:
Maru has known for sure about Eungi recovering her memories ever since he found Eungi's torn "nice guy" paper. His voiceovers, over the course of this episode, reveal his desolation: Eungi is back; Eungi can't forgive him; he doesn't know what Eungi is thinking, and he can't ask her because she won't tell him, but he probably won't be able to walk her chosen path with her; Eungi doesn't trust him, but he'll wait for her.
Personally, I think that Eungi has absolutely no leg to stand on with her revenge against Maru (if she does, in fact, want revenge against Maru). Yes, he initially approached her with hidden intentions -- but she learned the truth early on and was still willing to take the risk of being with him. It was her choice and thus not really his fault/responsibility. Then yes, he broke up with her, but these things happen in life. He shouldn't have been as cruel as he was, but at least he didn't lead her own. On the other hand, it's *her* who went all batshit-crazy afterwards and tried to kill *him*. Which might still cause his death, for all we know (the hematoma).
In return, Maru has been spending months protecting her and trying to help her at Taesan. Facing off against Jaehee for her. Yes, he didn't directly tell Eungi the entire truth of their past, but that was because she was clearly too fragile to handle it. But he never stopped trying to help her remember, and he never stopped trying to warn her about him as much as he could.
So I really don't see what has Eungi so twisted and mad with him. Sure, a certain degree of anger and distrust is warranted, but overall, I really hate the way she's decided to handle things. I think she has less justification for her dishonesty and nasty mind-games than even Maru did.
As for Maru... I think he understands her anger and he's so guilt-stricken and self-sacrificing and in love that he really wants to pay whatever penance Eungi demands of him. But I also think he's really disappointed that she's chosen to act this way and play those kinds of games. Especially what Eungi did with their relationship -- pretending that she still loved Maru, pretending that she still wanted the wedding, all the while planning to sabotage it all herself -- I thought that was really low. If I were him, at this point, I would probably just wash my hands of the whole entire mess. I would take Choco and Jae-gil and leave, without looking back.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 11:21:26 AM PST
Adnana says:
--Regarding the soompi community
You're very welcome, D.M., and I hope you'll learn a lot of interesting things there. Truly, they're the very best (English) resource when it comes to spoilers (translated from official Korean articles, or even just posted on Korean forums like DCinside), images, raws, MVs.
With "Nice Guy", they provide some really cool live recaps, so that I can watch "Nice Guy" even live, if I want. With "Faith", the thread was a real treasure trove of information -- regarding, for example, omitted bits from the episode scripts. (Like, if you still have any questions regarding the ending: how did CY survive, how long did he wait for ES, how much time passed for ES until she was able to find CY again etc., you can ask me anthing, LOL. There's a 95% possibility that I'll know the answer. All thanks to the soompi and viki communities.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:24:52 AM PST
Adnana says:
Rashell,
Your description of "Missing You" has me *really* intrigued. I don't mind a tragic backstory as long as the protagonists get their HEA in the end. It's only the combo "tragic backstory" AND "tragic ending" *cough*Nice*Guy*cough* that has me gnashing my teeth in frustration. If I watch the drama at all, that is.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 11:41:14 AM PST
@Adnana: That first episode of Missing You with the first full scene honestly had me in tears and so shocked. I don't do well with anything bad happening to children so I sometimes struggle with the "child" part of k-drama's anyway. But this one was by far the worst so far for me. I won't spoil the whole episode, but the first scene of this drama has the young Soo Yeon walking to her house and hearing a strange noise inside. She enters cautiously and a hand immediately grabs her across the mouth and pulls her all the way inside. A man screams in her face while she cowers in fear. She obviously isn't telling him what he want to hear. He throws her to the ground; throws a blanket over her; and proceeds to beat and kick her while she screams for him to stop. At one point she calls him "Abba", but it's clear from his reaction that he isn't really her father, but just her mother's boyfriend. He just keeps wailing on her even after she stops making noise of any kind. While this is happening, the drama cuts to the outside of the house and show the "mother" (I'm using the term loosely in this case) listening outside but doing NOTHING to step in for her child. Finally the police come to take this guy away for something else that he has done. They've obviously been looking for him. And thank heaven the police officer looks under the blanket where he finds a completely battered Soo Yeon.

Yeah, that is scene one, people. And things don't really get any better for her, other then that she meets Jung Hoon and he refuses not to be her friend. He witnesses the awful that is her life first hand after following her home and the devastation on his face kills me. Seriously this first episode was just hard to watch. And it kills me to know that Jung Hoon will try to be her port in the storm but as a child himself won't be able to really protect her. I don't know how I'm going to watch this one. Seriously. This is painful.

And with the lastest Nice Guy updates you guys have posted, I'm definitely going to wait on that one. I can't take two dramas that emotionally drain me at the same time. I need some fluff to with all this tragic angst. Really.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:08:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 12:13:25 PM PST
Adnana says:
Rashell,
Thank you for your in-depth post about "Missing You".
A particular phrase you used really struck a chord with me "And it kills me to know that Jung Hoon will try to be her port in the storm but as a child himself won't be able to really protect her." It made me remember that one of this drama's taglines is, in fact, something along the lines of "Old enough to love her. Too young to protect her." This tagline touched me deeply the first time I saw it -- it's both terribly romantic and terribly tragic. It's what stirred my interest for "Missing You" in the first place. Plus, I'm a sucker for childhood sweethearts stories in which the "first love" is also the "forever love". Though I could do without the years of painful separation that the H & h have to endure before meeting again as adults.
I'll definitely have to check this drama out. After all, God forbid I'm left without my weekly dose of heart-wrenching melodrama once "Nice Guy" finishes its run next week. :D

ETA: I don't know how quickly "Missing You" will get subbed, though. Seems like Viki still hasn't acquired the license for America, so contributors (subbers) from that area can't access the videos yet. Which means that they won't be able to sub the episodes.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 12:57:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 1:05:10 PM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
I have watched the first episode of Missing You (or parts of it) raw on dramacrazy, and Rashell I agree that it is a heartbreaking first episode. I can't believe I actually got teary on this first episode. I think this show will be a major tearjerker throughout, but hopefully it will have some good/peaceful moments for our H/h as well. And I agree right now our hero will most probably not be able to protect her, because he himself is still young and helpless. But I'm guessing when they meet again as adults, our hero will become her protector.

What is it with these very heavy shows lately? I'm glad I have Miss Rose to balance the intensity and heartbreak of these two shows, and also I'm kind of glad that Nice Guy will finish next week or else I would have had to put off watching Missing You, because I just don't think I could handle two emotionally draining shows at once lol. From what I've seen so far, I think Missing You will be heavier on the sadness while Nice Guy is heavier on the angst.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 12:58:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 1:19:10 PM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
Adnana thanks for that analysis of Nice Guy/ Innocent Man, but I wouldn't say that Eungi tried to kill Maru, she did drive towards him in that tunnel, but that tunnel was empty and Maru could have easily swerved his car out of the way. I think it was like he was at peace with dying at that point, and I hesitate to say this because it would really make the show dark but I always got the feeling that at that moment it was suicide for both him and her.

I think that she just wanted to end it all and she wasn't thinking straight after losing her father before getting a chance to even say goodbye, and Maru was probably just numb and didn't care whether he lived or died. I don't think she intended to kill him. In her defense, I think she simply lost it in the heat of the moment, and felt like she had just lost everything and there was nothing left to live for. Whereas Maru was more at peace with dying, meaning he was calmer and he simply continued to drive on his lane when he could have avoided the collision.

In addition, since we know Maru's thoughts, we know that he loves Eungi truly. However I'm trying to see it from Eungi's point of view, and she doesn't know what Maru is thinking, so in her mind she would logically think (after she regained her memories) that Maru is simply using her to get to Jae Hee. Maru's protecting her would be all twisted in her sight, of him simply using her for his revenge (just like she remembers).

Edited to add: Thanks for the translations Adnana

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:24:35 AM PST
I'm happy to say that after the complete depression of yesterday's episode of Missing You today's was actually quite sweet. I know it's the calm before yet another tear storm, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. I adore the young actor that plays Jung Woo. He's got the most expressive eyes, and you just see how he comes to adore this sweet girl who has not one other friend. The worst mom ever actually steps it up a notch with the help of the detective in the first episode. He pretty much adopts both mother and daughter into his family. He's a single dad with a young daughter around Soo Yeon's age. Of course said daughter takes one look at our hero and falls in love with him too. But this episode showed how Soo Yeon blossomed with a friend who loves her and a new family too. It was full of heartwarming moments to undercut the few moments that were still a bit sad. I'm dying for subs for this one, so I hope that Viki will get it's license issues straightened out. But dramabeans did re-cap the first episode and hopefully will keep going so I'll have that for now at least.

I'm eagerly awaiting the usual Nice Guy update! I may not be watching, but I am following the conversation at least.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:45:08 AM PST
I didn't watch(and don't plan to just yet) MY. But you gals got me interested with the comments yesterday and then the recap on db last night. That did seem to be a mighty powereful first episode. I'm interested now to see what all happens and I will definately keep it on the radar screen for now.

I've got a few eps of Arang left to watch and later this weekend I hope to start Rootop Prince. I've been banned (by the husband) from buying anymore dramas until next year. But he was nice enough to let me get my Christmas gift early once I told him YA was going out of buisness and I didn't want to miss a chance buying their copy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:39:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2014 7:24:06 AM PST
Adnana says:
D.M.,
I agree that Eungi was in a very disturbed state of mind when the tunnel "incident" happened. But still, saying that Eungi didn't try to *kill* Maru is just stylistics to me. Eungi did, in fact, want to die herself, and she did, in fact, want to have Maru die with her. She recognized him in that tunnel, she knowingly changed lanes and accelerated, and she crashed her car into his. The fact that Maru, for reasons of his own, decided not to try and avoid the crash doesn't change the fact that Eungi was the instigator. Just because you don't jump to dodge the bullet doesn't mean it's alright that you were shot at in the first place. I don't know (or care, really) if Eungi really *intended* to kill Maru or not; I only know that, if he had actually died when she crashed into his car, she would have basically committed murder.
Which is not to say that I'm not making allowances for Eungi's state of mind at the time. I know that she could not have been thinking clearly. So we're prepared to understand and even forgive her. But honestly: would you feel as forgiving towards Eungi's actions if Maru had actually died because of them? While Eungi herself survived. 'Cause things could have just as easily gone that way.

Rashell,
After watching the latest "Nice Guy" episode, I really need to vent. But other than this post, there will probably be no more "Nice Guy" updates from me until this drama is finished. Since it's *really* annoying me with the plot contrivances it's decided to put into play.
Like, today's episode should have been the most heartbreaking and emotional ever, but I just couldn't feel much beyond dashed hopes and utter frustration -- all the time thinking (screaming at the screen, more like it) "Just freaking *talk* to each other!!". There's a big misunderstanding keeping the two leads apart right now, and to me it just seems contrived and unrealistic that, the hero especially, would act this way. Because when everything falls apart and the hero appears painted in the blackest paint ever, he reacts by... staying completely silent. No apology, no declaration of love to the heroine, not even a throw-away attempt at a freaking explanation. Even though it is obvious that most everything that the heroine wants/needs is to hear him offer a valid, honest justification that she can believe (and she's so far gone, crazy in love with him, that she would probably accept even a lie).
I just wish the writer had found a better actual reason for the OTP to be at odds -- 'cause forget about all the lies and the guilt and the need for revenge. The heroine still loves the hero, and all that's really keeping her away is her belief that the hero loves someone else. And why does she think that? Because the hero couldn't be bothered to speak even a single word in his defense.
(Sorry, if I'm being harsh. It's just, big misunderstandings are my single biggest pet peeve ever, and this particular big M hangs entirely on the fact that the H & h wouldn't have a minute's honest conversation with each other. Which is just lame.)

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:55:45 AM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
Lol Aly, happy drama/romance watching! Which drama do you want to buy? Also I am sad to hear that YA will stop releasing dvds. Their releases always had very good picture quality and very good english subs.

Rashell Innocent Man is making me cry and stressing me out lol. I've just watched episode 18 raw (most of it), and read a summary English recap. The angst/tension and heartbreak are so prevalent and raw, yet somehow quiet/silent, that it is suffocating. I cried during the Eungi/Maru scenes. I cried when Eungi was crying in the bathtub. I got teary when Maru and Eungi were on the phone, but barely talking (I wished Maru would say something). All this suffering for our H/h. I wish they'd sit down together and let it all out. Oh and that last scene, I am pretty sure that next week's episode will clarify that end scene- like they usually do- or else I would have been angry to see Maru hugging Jae Hee. I wish I knew what Maru was doing, it's stressful not knowing.

Anyways as you can see I am completely drained by these two episodes of Innocent Man, and I can only hope that next week's final episodes will somehow give us a satisfying happy ending for Maru/Eungi, because I really don't know how much more angst I can take. I can't wait for next week's final episodes.

As for Missing You, I watched parts of episode two raw and I agree that our OTP had some cute/warm scenes today, despite the melancholy and intense mood of this show. I am kind of glad that there is a delay in the english subbing/licensing for this show, because Innocent Man is completely draining me at this point lol.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:32:40 AM PST
@Adnana & D.M.: Sounds like Nice Guy is staying pretty dark even going into the final episodes. And I agree Adnana that I HATE when the "big misunderstanding" could be easily cleared away if the two people would simply say in words what is really going on. It's frustrating to watch and seems so pointless. And sadly it is a plot device used often in books, movies, and television. Drives me batty. Hopefully this is just the last bit of darkness before things go in the right direction in the final week. Fingers crossed for you guys (and me, if I'm ever going to watch this one.)

@aly:Happy drama watching. I enjoyed the last episodes of Arang. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Rooftop when you finish. That was a drama I started, skimmed through the middle episodes, and watch the end only to wish I hadn't wasted my time. Depending on your POV it does have an HEA. It just didn't work for me. So definitely let me know what you think. Missing You is already a very intense show. And the way it's filmed only adds to that. It's beautifully shot, but somehow even the filming is sad like D.M. mentioned. I definitely enjoyed watching ep 2 more then ep 1. But both episodes were impossible for me to look away from. I'm not sure that I'll love this drama, but I definitely think I'll invest in it. And probably end up heartbroken.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 1:14:38 PM PST
Rashell~ When RP came out around the same time as K2H, I remember a bunch of us were all excited about those two shows. I waited for the recaps each night for both. RP was interesting to me but K2H won me over and I jumped on the 'watch live' bandwagon. Well, we all know how wonderful that show was but how utterly heartbroken I have been since. I am very glad I quit following RP at that time and since I didn't watch with baited breath NOT knowing what would happen, I am confident that I will be okay with the ending because I have had such a long time to process how it did end. Same with Arang. I was really really excited about that show and am proud to say I didn't even read the recaps. I just peaked at each weeks preview and then watched the last five minutes. So I am also cool with it. I know they have a bittersweet taste to them but I don't think i'll have a 3 day sob fest like I did after K2H.

D.M~ None right at this moment. But the dear man let me purchase most of my collection this year with a smile plastered on his face and an empty wallet in his pocket. So I can't blame him when he said no more, lol. But I do know A Gentleman's Dignity and Queen Inhyn's Man will be out soon and I will wait patiently until my ban is lifted :)

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:57:15 AM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
Aly Rooftop Prince is just an average show, and the ending is a happy ending but not really lol. So I agree with Rashell in that overall I didn't like this show much. Anyways I'm interested to know what you think, so keep us updated.

Now onto something else, for anyone interested I wanted to post this really good recap of episode 18 of Innocent Man/ Nice Guy. I found new insight into the conflict and the story as a whole while reading this person's introduction and recap as well. However I disagree with the conclusion, because I don't believe that Maru will die at the end :(
At this point it would just be lazy writing on the author's part if she kills off Maru, or if he loses his memories in the end, because everybody is expecting that. The best surprise ending at this point, is a complete happy ending! (wishing...wishing...).

So back on topic, here's the link for anyone interested in checking the recap out.
http://koalasplayground.com/2012/11/08/nice-guy-episode-18-recap/

I have watched episode 18 subbed, and that bathtub scene where the heroine cries gets me in the heart every-time I watch it. I cried with her more the second time I watched this scene (subbed, her words are clear and heartbreaking). I also cried at the scene when Maru and Eungi were standing on either side of the door (Eungi inside her room), and Maru called Eungi and asked about how she is doing (that whole exchange was heartbreaking). I am on pins and needles waiting for the final two episodes! I can't wait to see how everything will get resolved with all the characters (especially our H/h) in this very messed up situation they're in.

Also I have just watched the first episode of Missing You subbed on dramacrazy, and I cried at the last part when the heroine was on her knees begging and saying she was wrong. The same mantra she used to try and stop her father/step-father (I'm not sure which one he is) from hitting her. And then when the hero followed her to where she was hiding, and told her "let's be friends". Also the second hero is he the sick child who is on the run from the hero's father? I didn't expect that the second lead (who's life apparently sucks too) would be basically the hero's uncle, even though he is younger in age. No wonder these characters will grow up with baggage and will be somewhat messed up.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:03:14 AM PST
@D.M.: Thanks so much for the link for Nice Guy. As a non-watcher at this point re-caps are what I'm most looking for. I'm crossing my fingers for an HEA too. Just so I can actually watch.

Missing You is now being subbed on dramafever as well. I actually figured that once Viki didn't get the license that dramafever would. They're kind of starting to get a monopoly for some shows and networks. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. They were the only one's with approval for Answer Me 1997 and actually shut down a bunch of other sites who were subbing it. Dramafever is linked to Hulu, so they have pretty huge pull when it comes to online video streaming. But I'm still just really happy to be getting some subs for this series! I do think that they guy beating her was her father. And he is executed for murder which is why the whole town hates them. In the second episode we learn he was wrongly convicted, which is how the mom guilts the detective into letting them stay with him. The second lead is the sick child who is the H's uncle. Yeah, the family dynamic there is very strange. I'm just happy that Soo Yeon finally has some small piece of happiness in her life even if it doesn't last.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:40:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 9:41:58 AM PST
In case Nice Guy has a happy ending, YT has full episodes of the drama (with subs).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eetzNXnHURs

I finished watching Panda and Hedgehog - it remained a sweet, very fluffy, low angst drama to the end. While this drama is not a favorite, the romance between the H/h was cute (but not overly dramatic or addictive). Overall, this drama was more about the friendship between the H, h and the OM. While not as epic as the bromance in Queen of Reversals (between the H and his secretary/bestie), the bromance in this drama (between the H and the OM) was sweet.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:51:19 AM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
Rashell thanks for the info. about episode 2, I look forward to watch it when it gets subbed. I wonder when the adult actors will come in (the real leads)?

Reader123 it seems that Nice Guy/ Innocent Man is on youtube too! I'm glad that this show is also killing it in the ratings apparently :)

On another note I am looking forward to "Alice" and "Hottie/ flower-boy next door" because I am in need of some romance/comedy shows to balance out all the drama/romance shows I'm following now lol.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 1:26:38 PM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
After watching episode 2 of Missing You subbed, I can say that with these beginning two eps Missing You is off to a good start. I really liked the warm/sweet scenes with the H/h in this episode, even though it was sad how them sitting on the stairs scene ended with the scene frozen like a picture of a treasured memory lost in time, and the ending scene. I am looking forward to see what happens next, and I hope that the adult actors will have as good a chemistry as these younger actors.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  91
Total posts:  4189
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2012
Latest post:  12 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 20 customers

Search Customer Discussions