Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Have you judged a book by its cover?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 8:56:04 AM PST
Oh for pity's sake. Stuff like that only belongs on one's refrigerator because their 10 yr old drew it.

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 8:58:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 9, 2012 8:58:59 AM PST
I Agree TPWNN, I found another ugly/stupid cover for a free read, and the product description isn't any better. Skipping it.
An Angel's Story

It's pretty bad when you can't even give away your book lol

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 9:02:00 AM PST
Snooogles
read the product description too....What a hoot.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 9:04:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 9, 2012 9:05:13 AM PST
Kate Barley says:
I thought the title was bad enough until I read the product description. Seriously, I could see that as an awful TV show.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 9:07:35 AM PST
E. Bartholomew, I absolutely agree with you about the hideousness of the cover. I didn't even give that book a second glimpse after seeing that cover. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 9:10:00 AM PST
"It's pretty bad when you can't even give away your book"

E, you're too funny! Lol. What is up with that cover?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 9:14:34 AM PST
I'm not sure Leafy maybe the space aliens did the cover ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 9:37:14 AM PST
GatorGirl says:
@JAC
thank you for the introduction to that cover....(didn't know that I could purr like a cat....lol)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 9:38:32 AM PST
GatorGirl says:
@Miss Kitty
lol....and if a guy isn't into it, you have problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 9:40:46 AM PST
GatorGirl says:
@EB
wow...and sadly, it's not the only one. there were more at them bottom....some suggested titles at the bottom revealed more of those bad covers.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 9:45:23 AM PST
JAC says:
Lordy, I know... I never even looked past the cover just bought it!! :)

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 9:49:47 AM PST
Snoogles review one liner here :
Watch out for the wickedly funny subversion of the men in black trope with the two Joes, a pair of trigger-happy butch lesbian government officials taxed with the job of tracking down Joey, Mardy and Snooogles himself. Five stars out of five
Trigger happy butch lesbian government officials want to make me go read this ASAP!

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 9:50:53 AM PST
GatorGirl says:
@JAC
so I had to go read some reviews....because I may have to purchase it just so that I may gaze upon the cover from time to time.
about every review made mention of the cover! lol

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 10:01:22 AM PST
The Silencing:Text Me I get why some people use pictures as book covers, I really do, but...when the main character of your book is a 15-year-old girl, and you're a 50-something-year-old woman, why would you use a picture of yourself?

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 10:02:51 AM PST
Not to mention the Morticia Addams eye make-up LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 10:03:35 AM PST
JAC says:
Well, actually along with the cover, the story on this one was very good too. This was a 3 book series, I believe "When You Dare" was the 1st of the series which, I liked the best. The 3rd in the series that I liked (good cover too) :) was "Savor the Danger".

The 2nd of the series was "Trace of Fever", another great cover (LOL) but I didn't care for this book as much as the other two. The series is called Men Who Walk The Edge Of Honor.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 10:05:20 AM PST
Yes, that too :)

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 10:19:21 AM PST
JAC says:
She ought to get that guy and put him on every book she writes, she would have a bast seller every time!! I think it is the same model on all three books. :) Wow, what a hottie!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 11:58:32 AM PST
D. Stom says:
ooohhhhhh yesssss! I ended up buying them *just because of the covers*! I admit it, I'm shallow like that - and totally a hard-body junkie!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 11:59:08 AM PST
D. Stom says:
Yeah, but at least on Morticia Adams it looks good.
:\

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 12:16:27 PM PST
Queen Morgana, that was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh. :) The author definitely did not put any effort into that cover. It was also really lame to use a picture of herself taking a picture of herself on the cover. This is one of those rare cases where I wouldn't read the book even if it was highly recommended here on the forum. I just can't get over the cover. LOL.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 3:38:08 PM PST
GatorGirl says:
@JAC
just perfection.....the right amount of hair. I don't need perfectly smooth....but I don't want Chewbacca either. And whatever those, ummmm, loin muscles are (I'm sure someone, DStom maybe?, could give us the medical term) right at the waist line....just makes you want to run your fingers over them. yeah....going to have to buy the book now.

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 3:50:15 PM PST
GatorGirl says:
@Queen Morgana
that is so not good. really, quite sad.....because it's actually not a bad concept. The cell phone over the mouth...therefore the title: The Silencing: Text me, but was not executed with the self portrait. But because it's actually doesn't look like a book cover but a pic you would post on Facebook, I couldn't even bother to read the description of the book.

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 3:53:11 PM PST
D. Stom says:
Are you talking about the ones that form the diagonals/arrow - the *outside* border to a six-pack of abs? those are the external obliques, which go all the way up to the ribs (completely bordering the six-pack - or whatever number pack) and they & the latissimus dorsi (fancy-schmancy way of saying lower back muscles, where people tend to grab and say "oh my aching back") each get to cover roughly half of your "sides" (put your hands on your hips thumbs back and fingers front & look where the webbing between thumb & first finger is, that's what I mean when I say "side").
yeah. I need another hobby.

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 4:09:19 PM PST
GatorGirl says:
not the obliques or the latissimus dorsi...though the model's are quite nice. I don't know how to explain....the lower ab muscle I guess that leads to the MWOP. I will try and look it up.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 May 2, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
160 4 days ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 4831 18 minutes ago
Free Today Third Edition 3280 1 hour ago
Blue-collar H, possessive a plus 11 2 hours ago
Book help? OTT H NA - instalove - h got sick from mold? 2 2 hours ago
Undercover cops in love 14 4 hours ago
I'm looking for romances where the heroine thinks the hero is her guardian angel. 5 4 hours ago
overly sheltered, naive, coltish religion, h and alpha bad boy H falls hard 5 5 hours ago
Romance novel were heroine gets pregnant early on in story by alpha male 198 5 hours ago
Let's start at the end...with spoilers 281 5 hours ago
great nice guy who is a freak in the sack 62 5 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  128
Total posts:  1531
Initial post:  Feb 6, 2012
Latest post:  21 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions