Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Reflected in You by Sylvia Day Spoiler Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 202 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 5, 2012 8:16:39 AM PDT
LED says:
I'm thinking Nathan and Corrinne were plotting together. She wanted Gideon , he wanted Eva. They went to the Cross building that day at the same time. He threatened Gideon and she threatened Eva, in a different way... Making her believe she had just been with Gideon in a sexual way.

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 8:47:26 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 5, 2012 8:47:58 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 11:30:08 AM PDT
FGL says:
So, Nathan went to the Crossfire twice? The second time when Eva's mom saw him? The first time, when Eva same Corinne thinking she was there to see Gideon?

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 12:25:17 PM PDT
Vickie C says:
You know what is sad. When I finished BTY I was dying to get the next book. Soooo looking forward to what happened next. I pre-ordered RIY and it was delivered to my kindle. I haven't read it yet and feel no burning need to. I am just not in the mental mood for this much angst and fighting and misunderstandings. I'm sure I will read it sometime but not sure when. I doubt I will be buying the other two (if there is two) in the series unless they contain a lot less angst.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 12:28:18 PM PDT
Iced Camaro says:
It is one heck of a head trip.

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 12:39:20 PM PDT
Ann says:
Vickie C - I don't deal well with angst. Really freaks me out but I could handle RIY just fine. I just kept wondering what was going on. Knew G&E wouldn't break up really, but you always new there was something up. But I get it, either your heads in it or its not.

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 1:07:42 PM PDT
LED says:
I really wouldn't pass this book up. Once you realize how and why he did what he did, you just can't help fall in love with Gideon. Love this story.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 3:08:07 PM PDT
T. Brynteson says:
Interesting theory....I like it but how would they know each other.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 3:54:54 PM PDT
I'm not sure. He certainly could have gone more then once trying to blackmail Gideon. That first time was when Corinne was there. I'm not sure if he met with him a second time.

Nathan could have been watching Gideon some of the time because of his obsession with Eva.

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 4:13:30 PM PDT
LED says:
T. Brynteson ... I'm not sure how they would know each other... I never thought about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 4:15:10 PM PDT
FGL says:
Very true is one reason the detective mentioned Gideon change and how he purposely let the public see him with Corinne (after Cary attack) which helped in two ways and one is to protect Eva while the other was to provide an alibi for his plan. This book had me spinning trying to figure out what is going on and left hanging... I would have never guess Nathan went there that first time regarding the lipstick/blood since he pop up in the story when Eva's mom saw him in front. I hope Sylvia ties up some of the unanswered questions that everyone is trying to figure out.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 4:23:56 PM PDT
Yes, I was glad for the explanation. I couldn't believe that he would be unfaithful and it drove me crazy that he never told her what happened.

I was grateful that Ms. Day's responded to my email, that would have bugged me for a long time :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 5:03:49 PM PDT
FGL says:
Eva has no idea also that Nathan had seen him on that day she saw Corinne outside either, right? She thinks Nathan saw met/saw Gideon on the day her mom saw Nathan. She just knew he did not cheat on her but still have no idea what happened in his office. Yes, Ms. Day seems to be terrific responding to her fans with questions and providing snipplets every now and then.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 5:13:29 AM PDT
P Gallegos says:
What is the amount of time Gideon and Eva have actually known each other? Does anyone have a time frame? It seemed like book 1 happened in like two weeks.
I'm liking the books, I KNEW she was gonna turn this into a trilogy when it was supposed to be just two books, but four books? That is a bummer if she does that. I haven't even paid for either book, but if I do decide to add them to my collection 40 bucks is insane.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 7:24:16 AM PDT
T. Brynteson says:
I think they been together around two months which makes all the drama ridiculous

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 4:33:31 AM PDT
Does it say who specifically abused Gideon? It says it was an adult...was it his stepdad

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 6:43:44 AM PDT
C. Fang says:
I doubt that Nathan and Corrine would be working together. They had different goals. If Gideon ended up with Corrine, then he wouldn't pay Nathan to keep quiet about Eva because he wouldn't care if people saw the pictures. If Corrine had the pictures, she might've instead blackmailed Eva to stay away from Gideon. Also, remember the officer told Eva her theory that Gideon got with Corrine to let everyone think Gideon and Eva weren't together anymore so Gideon wouldn't have any motive to kill Nathan? If Corrine knew that, she would've told Nathan and the plan wouldn't have worked.

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 8:08:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 8, 2012 8:11:08 PM PDT
Ms. Delilah says:
I just wanted to say, that after rereading Reflected in You, it reads a totally different way when you know why Gideon treats Eva hot and cold and is seen with Corinne with no explanation. I was so mad that he did such a hurtful thing at the end of the book, but felt there had to be a good reason, and I knew it had to do with Nathan's murder. But darn I was still so mad that he would not explain. And when I reread the book with the knowledge that he was protecting her, her family, and himself from being blamed for Nathan's death, I fell in love with Gideon even more. He basically saved Eva's life and he is suffering the whole time he does it and believes she will not be able to love him if she finds out what he has done.
I also had some thoughts with being ok about Gideon committing murder for Eva. But when I read what the officer said to Eva, I knew that even in real life, you can do everything you think possible to stop an obsessed stalker, but somehow, one day, they end up killing their victim. It happens in the news everyday. I was all right with it after I read this part:

Officer Graves: Cross isn't a danger to the public. My partner will tell you it's never okay to take the law into your own hands. And for the most part, I'm on the same page. But Nathan Barker was going to kill you. Maybe not next week. Maybe not next year. But someday.......
Eva: Thank you.
Officer Graves: I'm not the one you should be thanking.

When I think about all the historical, paranormal, and contemporary romances I have read, where the Hero is justified in killing an evil person, whether in a fight, a duel, or a spy mission, I can't not give Gideon the same right to protect the life of his soulmate from a child abuser that is stalking her.
Gideon is a Hero, and I can't wait to read the next part, which I hear may be from Gideon's point of view. I sure hope so. Even if I have to pay the horrible price, Sylvia Day knows how to write a great story that I will read again and that brings me on a thrilling emotional journey with her characters.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 8:17:42 PM PDT
ambrosia says:
No. It was a doctoral student working with the psychiatrist who was treating Gideon and his family.

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 8:20:00 PM PDT
LED says:
Ms. Delilah.... Brilliantly said. I read the spoiler threads before I read RiY. I knew why Gideon was being the way he was. Knowing what I knew made the book that much better. The depths he would go to keep her safe while he was suffering. Thinking about this story the day after I finished, it hit me emotionally and definitely tugged at my heart strings.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2012 8:51:55 AM PDT
TO 2012 says:
Did anyone answer? I'm wondering too.

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 8:52:53 AM PDT
TO 2012 says:
What did Gideon forget in the apartment that he had to go back for at the end of book 1. Eva waited on the sidewalk for him.

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 9:55:24 AM PDT
This is from Sylvia's Facebook page:

Sylvia Day
Sunday
A common, non-spoiler ? from BARED: What did Gideon go upstairs for at the end? - his prescription. It's not a plot point, just an everyday thing. :)

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 11:40:11 AM PDT
N. ragosta says:
i want to know if it is worth the money too buy the book
what does everyone think

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 5:34:29 PM PDT
Wanted to inform the group that Sylvia posted on facebook forum about the lipstick scence.
She clarified that Nathan had gone to visit
Gideon.
Gideon wasn't lying to Eva about Corrine
Being in his office.

I have downloaded the audio version of the book aswell and it's an amazing
Experience to hear the tones of the characters
Voices.( audible.com)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  60
Total posts:  202
Initial post:  Oct 2, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions