Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Reflected in You by Sylvia Day Spoiler Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 202 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2012 7:56:42 PM PDT
joeystar says:
I think when she finds the stain she says it looks like blood or lipstick and after seeing Corinne assumes lipstick. Nathan was at the office that day so I assumed there was a fight (moving the lounge & cushions) and he was thrown out. He definatley didn't cheat

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 5:31:50 AM PDT
What's your opinion about the agreement Gideon talks about
To Eva.

2) after his nightmare,Eva goes to his apt. After they talk things over and she gives him her apt keys she goes into his office and interrupts him,
He says to her things just got better,
She says to herself, whats with the cyruptic messages.

3) Corrine :(
4) i think Gideon has more baggage he hasnt told Eva yet.
5) The last page, when he bows his head, a confession in my opinion,
What happens next?
6) Bret
7) who is Eva going to use her Krav Maga skills on?
Christopher, dr. Lucas or the doctoral student.
I think Gideon already did harm to the Doctoral Student, i wonder how long the DC violated Gideon.
Anyway lots to think about!
Cant wait for december.
I am also listening to the audiobook which is awesome

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 7:50:11 AM PDT
Lauren D. says:
Whoever abused Gideon must be a blonde because everyone he knows is surprised that he is dating Eva, with her blonde hair.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 8:16:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2012 8:18:02 AM PDT
chele says:
Hmm....interesting. I thought it was just because Gideon is so attracted to Corrinne that he consciously or subconsiously picks brunettes that resemble her and her beautiful hair. So everyone is surprised that he went against his usual type.

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 8:26:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2012 2:42:36 PM PDT
Lauren D. says:
Chele... Could be about Corinne.... Doesn't seem like this got cleared up in the first two books. I hope see addresses it in the third.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 8:42:58 AM PDT
chele says:
Lauren D.-At least we don't have to wait too long for Book 3. Hurry up December!

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 8:45:23 AM PDT
Lauren D. says:
Yeah no kidding

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 2:39:15 PM PDT
FGL says:
I am alittle curious of the career of Dr. Lucas' wife Anne? For Dr. Lucas to cover up the abuse would usually have to do with someone whom he was very close in protecting or for money. Could his wife have been the psychiatrist who supervised the doctoral candidate? Per Gideon, he ruined his relationship with his family. He screwed his wife and "broke" her so I am just wondering if "eyes for an eye" on Dr. Lucas family. I even went as far fetch as Dr. Peterson possibly being the doctoral candidate but Gideon would have known and he seems to background check everyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 2:55:49 PM PDT
chele says:
What I got from this was Gideon isolated himself from his family because his mother did not believe that someone was abusing him. His step-brother lied and didn't support Gideon's story. Gideon hated the home he was abused in and didn't go back to visit his family very often, contributing to the falling apart of the family relationship.
IIRC, Dr. Peterson was actually Eva's mother and Eva's therapist. Gideon only started to see him for couple's counseling to improve his relationship with Eva. Dr. Peterson then recommended one on one counseling.

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 5:49:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2012 5:50:26 PM PDT
Ms. Delilah says:
To those who asked if this book was worth the price, I have read this book twice because it is a totally different experience to read it knowing why Gideon acts the way he did. I was so mad through the last part of the book at what was happening and then it all comes together so that I was ok with it all. But still, going back to read with the knowledge of where it is going, makes it an even better read. I NEVER pay 9.99 for an ebook, but I felt this was worth it because I loved Bared to You from day 1 and the characters stayed with me while waiting for the second book. I knew from reading Sylvia Day's historicals that I could trust her to do a good job. She knows how to tell a story and pull you in. It is one of the best series I have read this year, and I read a lot of books. Since I know I will reread the series, it was a good investment for me, but OUCH to the price for sure. At least I paid the first cheaper price for Bared to You.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 6:14:45 PM PDT
My thoughts:
Corrine knows that Eva is right, Gideon doesn't want to
Lead her on as Eva told her he hurt once and he won't do it again. once Corrine realizes that
Gideon is back with Eva, and I am thinking Gideon will Propose at the beginning of Entwined in you,
Corrine will safe face and go back to her rich husband in France.

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 6:18:54 PM PDT
chele says:
I am enjoying everyone's thoughts on this book. You guys are so clever, some of the things you mention didn't even occur to me. Ms. Delilah, I am going to have to read this again a second time. I had a feeling where the author was going with Gideon's and Eva's separation, but the book was still so angst filled for me. I love that! I may have to read it a 3rd time right before EiY comes out just to refresh my memory :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 6:25:52 PM PDT
I have read the novel twice and have heard the audio book twice, every time I discover new details and I create new theories for book 3.

How can we as a group ask HBO to make a TV series.
There's a Gideon and Eva fansite which is nice and Sylvia's Facebook page is awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 6:49:44 PM PDT
chele says:
I loved the audio version of BtY. I listened to it before bed every night in preparation for RiY book release. I didn't realize that the audio was out for RiY. I have it flagged for Oct. 31. I think will use my next credit for it. Thanks :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 6:55:54 PM PDT
Yes, the audiobook for RIY is out since Oct 9th.
It's amazing to here Gideon and Eva, especially
In the Limo, Beach House, the letter she sends him,
Her confrontations with Gideon's mom, Corrine, Dr. Lucas.
The scene were Gideon tells her about his past and the last part of the book!!
I got it from Audible.com I believe it cost 13.49.
I have been listening to it all day!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 6:00:43 AM PDT
I believe that she probably through herself at him and he was disgusted so he showered after she left.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 9:39:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 17, 2012 10:06:36 AM PDT
Sunshine says:
Oh nooo!!! I just checked my Kindle pre-order for Entwined with You. It now says May 7, 2013??? Wasn't the release date scheduled for December 31?

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 11:01:22 AM PDT
Sunshine says:
It really is true... Sylvia Day just confirmed on Twitter that" Entwined With You" won't release December 31 :(

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 11:06:35 AM PDT
Iced Camaro says:
Aw, balls. This really is a bummer!!

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 11:21:25 AM PDT
Lisa says:
Maybe the later release date will mean Entwined with You will be the last and final book. As much as I love the storyline, I don't want the story to stretch to 4 books.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 11:30:50 AM PDT
Sunshine says:
I don't want the story to stretch to 4 books either. After all they've been through I just want them to be happy. No more heartbreak, no more breakups...

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 11:35:04 AM PDT
chele says:
It will be worth the wait as long as the book is good. I'd rather wait for her to write a good third book than have it stretch to 4 like so many of you have mentioned. Book 2 didn't have a cliffhanger so I don't mind.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 3:45:42 PM PDT
PinkiexLi says:
A 5 month delay? Really???!!??? I won't even remember Gideon and Eva...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 3:46:52 PM PDT
Iced Camaro says:
That had better be the final book

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 3:59:14 PM PDT
ej1201 says:
I'll just have to read them both again - bummer (not really).
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
103 Mar 16, 2014
help finding a book 0 32 seconds ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 4 4319 4 minutes ago
Dear book buying confessional........ 4454 5 minutes ago
Hero Alpha/Possessive/Protective anything goes 108 11 minutes ago
Affinity with animals 10 17 minutes ago
BBA (a.k.a Books Are Not Babies) 1953 17 minutes ago
HP discussion. Good bad and inbetween. 7405 22 minutes ago
Hilarious mistakes in (mostly self-published) books 6490 28 minutes ago
Fans of k-dramas... please help 3297 30 minutes ago
Looking For A Book Like This... 16 33 minutes ago
Free Today Second Edition 1709 39 minutes ago
ARRAY(0xaab20e88)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  60
Total posts:  202
Initial post:  Oct 2, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions