Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Self promotion is not permitted by Amazon, except in the Meet Our Authors forum!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 8:52:33 AM PST
Lol! I love opposite day! I shall take it as a compliment. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 9:50:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2011 9:50:58 AM PST
I have seen him. I remember him well, I couldn't get the high pitched whinny tone out of eyes (since I was reading) for hours. I had already seen the thread from your link and others. So I knew exactly who he was and what to expect from him. That's why I put in references to adult behavior in my comments - hoping he would take the hint.

ETA - typos, as always

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 10:09:18 AM PST
Kate Barley says:
VAK-- thanks for the link. Whining and self promoting is sad, sad, sad.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 10:23:34 AM PST
I've only been around for about ten months and I knew of his reputation, too. Not a terribly popular person here and, from what I read, very controversial on .uk as well.

"That's why I put in references to adult behavior in my comments - hoping he would take the hint."

Lol! The people who need it don't think they do. For the rest of us, we just laugh. :)

And btw, congrats on the baby!!!! What's the little one's name? I'll bet he's the most adorable thing alive!

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 11:55:45 AM PST
Does dear Stephen Leather read or write romances? Or is it drive by?

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 1:29:05 PM PST
beachbaby says:
C.B Rhoads is self promoting if anyone has an urge to click the "report abuse" button as well as the "no" button here are the links;

http://www.amazon.com/forum/erotica/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1DWTTGXY8M202&cdThread=Tx1O84UT11HJGWO
"my book" = self-promotion Ironically, this post is right under ginmar's comment about writers' spamming against the rules!

http://www.amazon.com/forum/erotica/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg8?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1DWTTGXY8M202&cdPage=8&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx13PFH7U5K1XDB

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 1:59:11 PM PST
done.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 2:26:06 PM PST
Done.

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 2:32:12 PM PST
beachbaby says:
Thanks ladies ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 2:40:14 PM PST
He's opposed to the spamming ban because he was a spammer par excellence here. I loved the thread I referenced because it showed what a whiner he is and that he can't take a review that he doesn't like.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 4:54:16 PM PST
Thank You. His name is Elliot. Mom thinks she will call him Eli, while my son (so weird to call him Dad) thinks he will use Elliot. I will call him Sweet Pea, Sugar, Punkin, Precious Boy, Little Man, etc. He lives out of state so I haven't seen him yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 4:56:44 PM PST
Done.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 4:57:36 PM PST
It must bring back a lot of memories of your son as a baby and be strange to think that he's now got his own little one.

Elliot's a great name. I love your names for him, too. Every baby should have at least one doting grandparent.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 5:28:58 PM PST
Thank you. :) :) :) :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 9:55:02 PM PST
ginmar says:
The nice thing about other people's kids is that you can spoil them rotten, hand them back, and go whistling off into the sunset.

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 6:12:34 AM PST
Bump

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 1:17:14 PM PST
Karlyn says:
Bump

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2011 1:51:34 PM PST
If it related to drive-by shootings, yes. Stephen's been around for a while in the UK, writes mainly hard-edged thrillers in the style of Andy McNab (an old war veteran).

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 3:43:39 PM PST
Thank God for kids!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyehLSChcYQ

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2011 4:24:40 PM PST
Karlyn says:
Isn't he the guy that would start dozen of different controversial thread topics on the Kindle board just to plug his book? He started to get down voted heavily before the MOA forum was formed. I remember how he complained about spending a fortune on bad cover art, and also complained about how his sales are so hot in the UK but no one in the US will give his books a chance. I haven't seen him around much lately. Maybe we're just lurking in different areas these days.

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 4:32:27 PM PST
John Green says:
You'd be right; he'd been making his dubious presence known on the .uk threads started by Rocky Perry and even chimed in on the Hacker Hunter mess by straddling the fence. Always pro-author, regardless of the circumstances.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2011 4:39:15 PM PST
If we are talking about Stephen Leather, yep, he is back on the Thriller forum.

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 11:47:30 PM PST
Bump

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 3:07:03 AM PST
bump

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 11:55:49 AM PST
Karlyn says:
bump
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  127
Total posts:  3869
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2011
Latest post:  11 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions