Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Which Kristen Ashely do I read next?

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 28, 2011 12:48:44 PM PST
Bitchie says:
No one has sent, and I'm starting tonight when I finish a PNR I'm reading.

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 1:04:19 PM PST
Miss says:
I am a huge Kristen Ashley fan and I have read the majority of her books so I am always watching out waiting for the next one to come out. I saw a work in progress on her website and read it and I thought it was pretty good. This one has vampires in it so it is different from her other stuff but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 1:06:21 PM PST
has anyone heard good things about the rock chick series?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2011 1:16:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2011 1:17:24 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Courtnie-

Though I personally really liked the Rock Chick series, opinions are a bit varied on them. If you like madcap, non-stop action, a healthy dose of wacky, hilarious secondary characters, over-the-top alpha heroes, and heroines who remind me a lot of Penelope (and her perils), AND you like KA's writing, then you would most likely be very pleased with the 1st 4-5 books of the series. The 6th is out, with 7 & 8 coming soon.

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 1:39:04 PM PST
well i never read any of her books before but i too read mixed reviews about it. thanks for your reply and yes i do love over the top alphas and hilarious secondary characters.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2011 2:16:59 PM PST
Hi Diremommy: I just sent both Mystery Man and Wild Man to you. Enjoy!

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 5:38:21 PM PST
Lulu123 says:
Does anyone have Lacybourne Manor, Sommersgate House, or Three Wishes to loan? I can send Lady Luck, Sweet Dreams, and Rock Chick in exchange. My email is lmaziz2@gmail.com

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 7:59:09 PM PST
Cali Mom says:
Just finished The Gamble - loved it! If anyone is interested in borrowing it, just give me your email.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 12:09:35 AM PST
viennalady says:
Dear Cali Mom, thanks for your offer, I don´t need it BUT I very much need your help with the book The Gamble. I read Sweet Dreams last weekend and I loved every word, the minute I was finished I started to read my favorit parts again....So I ordered The Gamble, it seemed perfect as a follow up. Now I read the first pages (5%) and I hate the heroine, she is a candidate for a TSTL heroine for me. Her behaviour is awful (cookies, beer...) she seems passiv-agressive and weak and I hate nothing more than that. I can´t understand why Max finds her so cute. So pleeeease tell me, is it going to be better?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 4:11:01 AM PST
Romance Diva says:
I LOVE the rock chick series! Even the two I only LIKED are head over heels alot of other books.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 4:12:28 AM PST
Romance Diva says:
Lulu123 I sent you Three Wishes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 4:16:19 AM PST
Romance Diva says:
viennalady, it gets better, but it was very slow starter for me too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 5:39:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2011 5:40:14 AM PST
Mercered says:
Romance Diva: I had the best intentions of getting 8 hours of sleep, but like all great villains, I was "foiled again!" except instead of by those pesty kids, it was by another book....9pm rolled in and I was still reading, by midnight, my body turned on me and I fell asleep with the ipad in my hands!

I ended up starting Lady Luck, loving seeing my Tate in it. I'm ready to go home, pick up dinner, and get me some more Ty. No cooking tonight!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 6:11:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2011 6:12:08 AM PST
It gets much better! I'll give you one little example of her moving straight from passive aggressive to aggressive. She gets in between Max's "little sister" and her abusive boyfriend. He gives Nina a shove and tells her to **** off. Nina rears back, takes both hands and shoves so hard he staggers back a few feet. I'll leave the rest for your reading pleasure!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 6:13:53 AM PST
Romance Diva says:
Yep. Nina is FABULOUS. And the suicide theme was one that was personally difficult to read, but KA did a GREAT job in keeping it real...yet hopeful.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 6:33:31 AM PST
I agree. I've not had any loved ones attempt suicide but as a nurse I've been involved in caring for some who have. I thought she wrote it very realistically, especially the parts where family members are so often blind sided by the attempt. The hopeful part was also realistic, the family rallied together but got professional help for her. This was a very good book!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 7:39:03 AM PST
viennalady says:
Thank you all for moral support, I will continue to read The Gamble - a tiny question, I need the SPOILER: did Nina/the duchess try to commit suicide?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 7:51:09 AM PST
NO!!!!! Not Nina. I won't spoil it unless you would like me to do so.

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 8:32:29 AM PST
TravelingGal says:
For you Kristin Ashley fans, she has just posted the first five chapters of her next book on her web site. As far as I can tell, this has no relationship to any of her other series but it looks promising.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 8:34:20 AM PST
Romance Diva says:
Thanks TravelingGal, as usual you keep my Kristen Ashley autobuy crack finger working...

:)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 8:35:34 AM PST
TravelingGal says:
Me, too! It doesn't help that the woman is a writing machine.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 8:38:58 AM PST
Romance Diva says:
It helps me. Means I always have something to read and/or something to look forward to reading from her.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 8:39:50 AM PST
Ahhhh, that one-click crack button addiction! I am intimately acquainted with that. ****looking in my kitchen, seeing only bread and water but okay with that because I have books (especially KA right now) to read****

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 8:40:40 AM PST
Romance Diva says:
LOL! So true Janet M. So...freaking...true.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 8:43:20 AM PST
What's the name? Under new releases I saw Lady Luck, Fantastical, and Rock Chick Reckoning. Am I missing something?
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  310
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 42 customers

Search Customer Discussions