Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Have you judged a book by its cover?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 16, 2012 3:28:08 PM PST
That is great. You are definitely getting there!
_____
Gator Girl: Did you see this one? MEN
I think she is waiting for one to fall from the sky!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2012 4:15:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2012 4:18:48 PM PST
GatorGirl says:
@Miss Kitty
LOL....that's what it looks like....and the generic bathroom symbol of "MEN" in the background really helps too, doesn't it?

wow...just read the description! the bathroom symbol does actually pertain to the story....don't know why if the girl is so ticked about her ex's infidelity that she would choose to evoke revenge by giving herself to the first "boy" that comes into the bathroom? A men's bathroom is just nasty!......not sexy!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2012 4:27:40 PM PST
D. Stom says:
HAHAHAH!!!

this is all I thought of when I saw the cover!
http://youtu.be/bBlbPw7WAqM

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2012 4:31:21 PM PST
Bahaahaaha!! "It's Raining Men! Hallelujah! It's Raining Men! Amen!"

To that D. Stom I say, from your lips to God's ears! ;) (although one at a time would be preferable)

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 4:45:57 PM PST
GatorGirl says:
Buffalo Gals
this is a free offer today....and I read the description and actually downloaded to read it....but, the lipstick kiss on the buffalo's backside makes me go, huh? just a strange place to put the lips, you know?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 1:55:45 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 18, 2012 2:28:34 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 5:54:44 PM PST
Bukcrz says:
LOL! Don't the coarse hairs felt abrasive to the lips? Er, should stop before I go somewhere is shouldn't go but Gator Girl the cover is really worth second glance.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 6:32:48 PM PST
I am happy I found this thread! You guys are right it sounds bad.

I fixed it:

If that weren't enough, she must leave sunny south Florida to attend a boarding school full of geniuses in cold, Lynn, Massachusetts. The city where the locals chant "Lynn, Lynn, city of sin; you never come out the way you went in."

In some places it will take several days to weeks for it to change.

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 4:57:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2012 5:05:37 PM PST
Gator Girl, YAY! I found you and your buffalo again.
When I was having a boo at the new books on offer I had to do a double take on two of them for very different reasons.
The first one, Always Marry in the Morning (No Way Out Book 2) put me in mind of people planking and posting pictures or maybe they are fans of Sting and trying his rumoured tantric tips.
I also cannot imagine any of my brothers writing a romance book with my Mom. I think she would survive the process but they would all have coronaries if they didn't become raging alcoholics first.

The second (having seen covers that don't match the subject line) had me curious enough to click (yes, it is a lazy Sunday at my house) and see if it really is about walking:
One way Up, Ben Nevis. (One Way Up.) Uhhhhhh.... yeah.... wellwellwell..... about walking and also boudoir shots of his wife Tammy who is quite popular in all his walking books and featured prominently. Good on her for having four kids and being proud but not expecting that in a walking book and her finishing a rock wall with her 'boulders' on top of it.
Before the pitchforks come out at me, these are not my words BUT the author's WITH photos in another book.
Am I banned for sharing too much Gator Girl? or is it okay in the year of the buffalo? :D

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 5:00:49 PM PST
Well here is the cover to the sequel for Satan Burger or whatever it was called:
I Knocked Up Satan's Daughter: A Demonic Romantic Comedy

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 5:14:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2012 6:23:12 PM PST
E. Bartholomew, my mind says no to that picture but my eyes say yes.... can't look away... hah!

It puts me in mind of those you-might-be-a-redneck-if jokes.
The two that got my brother cuffed on the back of the head for sharing at the table were:
You might be a redneck if ...you think genitalia is an Italian airline.
You might be a redneck if ...talking about getting the dishwasher loaded means getting your wife drunk.
I think half the fun was just trying to get my Mom to laugh out loud and not pretend she was above some slightly racier humour. Usually it was my Dad though that we would have to explain EVERY joke to.

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 5:31:48 PM PST
D. Stom says:
::ROTFLMAO::
::snorts::
::ROTFLMAO::
::crying::
::gaspingforair::
::snorts::
::gasping::
::ROTFL::

::bigdeepbreathandholds::

(Sorry for any pierced eardrums. :\ )

E ---- HOW in the WORLD did you find that??? and the ones that came up in the "readers also bought..." bit
are also hi-freakin-LAR-ious.

Big Bro Amz won't let me post the links to the other books -- 'fantastic orgy' etc... check out the covers on the author's page:
http://www.amazon.com/Carlton-Mellick-III/e/B002BMAZDW/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

crap on TOAST --- I'm not sure what's funnier: the titles or the covers?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 5:45:57 PM PST
LOL Hideous. The description though makes me want to read it :D

Jonathan Vandervoo lives a carefree life in a house made of legos, spending his days building lego sculptures and his nights getting drunk with his only friend--an alcoholic sumo wrestler named Shoji. It's a pleasant life with no responsibility, until the day he meets Lici. She's a soul-sucking demon from hell with red skin, glowing eyes, a forked tongue, and pointy red devil horns... and she claims to be nine months pregnant with Jonathan's baby.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 5:47:15 PM PST
Well, I looked at that Satan Burger cover someone kindly put up on this thread.....left the amazon web site, then came back that lovely book I posted was up on my recommendations.....LMAO

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 5:53:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2012 5:53:55 PM PST
D.Stom, this one is killing me....
The Haunted Vagina
Didn't know they could be haunted....Maybe girlfriend needs to call the plumber and get her pipes worked on!!! roflmao

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 5:58:35 PM PST
D. Stom, I don't know what is better... you saying crap on TOAST or that bounty of covers?
Did you check out some of the reviews? There are some that take it VERY seriously:

"I thought it was absolutely wonderful that a select group of authors had decided to cross societal boundaries and to ignore literary etiquette for the sake of their art and was curious as to what metaphorical meaning this CM III would be able to express using such a unique concept---a haunted vagina---as his medium. I bought this book and two others (The Wall of Kiss and Piecemeal June) with the hope of learning something new. It was, unfortunately, a complete waste of money. It's easy to see why no book store or library will carry any of CM III's books, as they have no literary value what-so-ever."
____
Thoughts:
1) They were looking for literary merit in a book called The Haunted Vagina ?
2) They liked the idea of "a unique concept---a haunted vagina---as his medium"... This ground is too fertile to make comments and speaks for itself evidently O.o
3) They hoped to learn something new? WHAT PRAY TELL!!!

I think you have hit the motherlode with these titles!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 6:53:00 PM PST
E. Bartholomew, after I saw you found that book after clicking on a book here and it was in your recommendations later, I couldn't resist.
It made my mystery book recommendations vanish after I clicked on D. Stom's multitude of covers and I had ones like this: Pretty as a Picture
Should I start a thread thanking Amazon for sending me lush male booty covers or does that sound like they are ePimps and I should alert the FBI? ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 7:32:18 PM PST
D. Stom says:
re: crap on TOAST
well, I'm trying to cut back on the swearing thing. :\ it just means that I get really creative with my substituted words/phrases.

wait - there *isn't* literary merit in that book? and I won't learn something new?????? well, then darnit I demand a refund of my time.
And as long as it's not the haunted vagina itself that's doing the talking...
;)

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 8:32:24 PM PST
T. Smith says:
Is it just me or are the skeletons on the Haunted Vigana looking at her..... haunted place?

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 8:39:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2012 8:43:58 PM PST
T....I got that too.....there appears to be a lascivious glimmer in their empty eye sockets...lol

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 9:20:30 PM PST
T. Smith says:
I read the blurb about that one. I mean...... a living corpse comes out of her after the two have sex? And because of this she convinces him to 'go inside' through the portal to the other world? I'm totally flabergasted.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 11:31:30 AM PST
GatorGirl says:
was laughing with the Always Marry in the Morning.....planking, lol.
and the One Way UP, wow!! Didn't know if that was some nudist colony that enjoy climbing in the nude or what. But then reading your description, I guess it could be the author's "one way up"....poking you with my elbow, get it? hehe

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 11:38:00 AM PST
GatorGirl says:
that Haunted Vagina book scares me.....what if you purchase it and once it's opened you release some demon? and what will that demon possess? too scary and too much of a risk....lol

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 11:41:47 AM PST
GatorGirl says:
and with the Knocking Up Satan's Daughter one.....doesn't look like even she can avoid stretch marks..

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 1:46:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2012 2:07:25 PM PST
D. Stom says:
So after letting this particular conversation simmer in my ADD-addled brain, I had a stray thought about 30 minutes ago:

how does she do the (feminine hygiene flush thing)? with the "normal" kit that the rest of us use? or does it take a fire hose (literally :D) because of the portal?

(yep. I need help.)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  111
Total posts:  1260
Initial post:  Feb 6, 2012
Latest post:  1 day ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions