Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Have you judged a book by its cover?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 21, 2012 1:48:38 PM PST
I felt like Sherlock Holmes when I saw this Stranded since I solved the mystery why they were stranded.
They all are farsighted (deduced by traffic jam of bodies and the no eye contact; plus, my powers of observation) and I think if we sent Lassie she could save all three and anyone else trapped on the island with them.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 1:52:54 PM PST
OH NO YOU DiTTINT! I just about spit my tea on my keyboard!

*wonders why as she ages her humour has regressed to that of a teenage boy*

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 2:06:56 PM PST
D. Stom says:
who do you think *raises* all those boys? }8-]

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 3:02:02 PM PST
GatorGirl says:
can't even imagine how much more "intense" it would be down there if she got a yeast infection.....

I blame you DStom for introducing that train of thought....whoo whooo, chugga chugga chugga.

@Miss Kitty
did you read the description for Stranded? I think it's just an excuse to write some erotica/menage a trois (however you spell that word) Which there is no problem with that.....but don't see a lot of depth to the characters coming from that one.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 5:16:12 PM PST
The Orchid Keeper's Son if the author doesn't know the difference between an iris and an orchid, can we trust that the characters DO?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 5:17:28 PM PST
I dunno - the naivety of the post-teen second boy would tend to make one assume that I hear nothing. Heh.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 5:20:42 PM PST
GatorGirl says:
good catch Crystal....I have to admit that if you hadn't brought it to my attention, I would have kept on moving. I read that description and it really wasn't intriguing enough for me to 1-click buy.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 5:27:31 PM PST
Absolute Perfection

Ahhh, one never forgets their first sea horse shapeshifter romance.... or vampire bars and hindu gods thrown into the mix... this book has it all as well as a cover that I have so many questions about.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 5:39:06 PM PST
GatorGirl says:
@Miss Kitty....
ohhhh gurl....how do you find em?

I had to read the description (which is an experience) and this is what got me ..... Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations some readers may find objectionable: Male/male sexual practices. Just sort of hit me as funny because it's not the male/male sexual practices that I find objectionable....I'm thinking it's the mess of a plot!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 5:39:38 PM PST
D. Stom says:
gak. (I'm actually sort of intrigued by the art, but only because it looks to me like something that should have been discovered at Ephesus (now Turkey).)

sounds like an AB fanfic gone waaaaaaay wrong instead of wild.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 5:41:53 PM PST
GatorGirl says:
@DStom
by AB fanfic....are you referring to Alan Ball?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 7:38:13 PM PST
D. Stom says:
no; (*whispers*) the AB series by LKH. I try not to give her trolls any ideas.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 8:34:02 PM PST
Miss Kitty & Gator,

Wow...just the first two sentences for me....I'm flabbergasted!
Taza, a sea horse, sole male offspring of the Coushrin king and heir to the throne, really doesn't like his life. For one thing, two crazy female sea horses are vying to impregnate him and become the next queen of the Coushrin dynasty because sea horses mate for life.

ROFLMAO

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 8:46:45 PM PST
LOL! How silly. Contrary to popular myth Sea Horses do not mate for life, some pairs might but most only do for a breeding season. They also tend to be horny little critters who love to flirt and are predominately bisexual. Makes sense, since the male is the one that becomes pregnant it's no wonder he might prefer the no frills aftermath of sex with another male. :D

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 6:19:06 AM PST
GatorGirl says:
who knew you could get some biological science education from a LGBT Paranormal Fantasy? (that is how it is listed:LGBT Paranormal Fantasy)

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 11:15:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2012 11:27:53 AM PST
So scrolling through the free books today, I did a what the howdy double take on this book under family and relationships:
Innocence lost in the ice cream forest

I appreciate it is a morality tale and for charity but the title did make me burst out laughing. I am not posting this because my innocence was lost in the back of a red hot camaro and not an ice cream forest and I am hella jealous (kidding, kidding).
The first rule of ice cream forest club is you don't talk about ice cream forest club.

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 11:30:51 AM PST
Can someone help me out? I don't understand why my cousin is bugged with me for bothering him while he writes his papers on water and sustainability?

I thought I was being helpful by sending From a Drop of Water - A Collection of Magickal Reflections on the Nature, Creatures,Uses, and Symbolism of Water as the review stated it would "edify your mind". Maybe he doesn't appreciate it because he is not "a ceremonial magician from WAY back". Am I being too sensitive or is he an ingrate? Thoughts? Comments? :D

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 1:57:36 PM PST
What happens in the Ice Cream Forest, Stays in the Ice Cream Forest....There is really no description for the book is there? other than proceeds are going to charity....Hmmm lol and my what a heinous cover....Looked up exactly what ROKPA is ....Help for the poor of Nepal. I wonder if that is where the Ice Cream Forest is?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 2:02:31 PM PST
He is an ingrate and What's up with the spread leg take on Venus Rising...Sounds like a bunch of self-important mumbo jumbo to me lmao

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 2:18:54 PM PST
GatorGirl says:
hilarious....first rule of ice cream forest club...lol
(i can also see eddie murphy doing his stand up bit about ice cream.)www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JfMCBh1sJQ
you didn't get none....lol

I would want to check that charity out....make sure it was for "real".....I'm sure it is...but what does the charity do? what is ROKPA?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 2:20:38 PM PST
It's official Gator:
http://www.rokpa.org/world/
Help for Nepal

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 2:21:23 PM PST
GatorGirl says:
It's amazing that he (your cousin) can't accept that you're offering him a wonderful source from which he can draw inspiration from....(eye rolling galore)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 2:26:02 PM PST
GatorGirl says:
@EBartholomew

thanx for the link. actually interesting charity....wish they had gotten the person who designed their website to design that book cover. Definitely not the worst we've seen on here....but could be better.

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 3:10:37 PM PST
GatorGirl says:
It's a Dog's Life (a romantic comedy with a canine sidekick)
you have to read the description on this one.....and then tell me what you think this sentence means: For Mosey, this weekend means time to get to know each other. (Mosey is the talking dog)

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 3:32:27 PM PST
GatorGirl says:
Dance Macabre (Lords of Pendragon)

this is the same cover from another free download that I got To Seduce an Earl (The Seduction Series)

interesting.....
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
18 Aug 3, 2015
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
140 5 days ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 5 5014 1 hour ago
Dreaming of you... 8 1 hour ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #4 6103 1 hour ago
Please help, have been looking for this book for months!! 311 2 hours ago
Free Today Second Edition 9171 2 hours ago
HP Discussion thread number 2 147 2 hours ago
Let's start at the end...with spoilers 87 2 hours ago
Biker Romance Part 2 4958 2 hours ago
wanted: kindle romance bargains ($3.99 or less) by established authors that are good (no self-promos or ya/na) 1554 3 hours ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 2379 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  118
Total posts:  1299
Initial post:  Feb 6, 2012
Latest post:  3 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions