Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Worst Betrayl Ever!!!

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 9, 2011 8:06:40 PM PDT
I think one of the worse betrayal was a LaVryle Spencer contemporary. The guy at his bachelor party gets the pizza delivery girl pregnant. Mind you his fiancee is also pregnant. Well 17 years later this kid shows up at his school where he's the high school principal. The (hero) attitude seems to be that his wife should just get over it already. After all he didn't know that the boy existed, and he was drunk, young stupid, felt under pressure. etc. when he had the one night stand.
By the way I'm sick to death of story lines where the woman keeps the baby a secret and (bravely) raises the kid on her own. I feel like screaming "grow up you ninny!"

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 8:08:03 PM PDT
Ashlee says:
Trish, out of LH's heroes, her very worst was the one in her first book! He was awful! I actually adore the majority of her books (including Sarah's Child and especially Dream Man - I've reread that one countless times) but that hero is about the only one I could not find one redeeming quality in.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 8:12:54 PM PDT
Ashlee,

Sarah's Child and Dream Man are among my favorite books. But yeah, can't stand that first book. I don't even have it anymore and I collect her. lol

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 8:24:18 PM PDT
TrishaLouise says:
Reader: When he starts his "groveling" you grow to love him. I was so torn about him through out the book.... On the one hand I wanted to smack him for being such a jack*ss at the begining and on the other hand I wanted her to forgive him because he was so unhappy.

I avoid spending over $9 on books if I can but that is one book I am glad I did.

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 8:54:26 PM PDT
MyCat says:
I wish I could take up on your offer of a loan, TrishaLouise, but I don't have a kindle. I live in Asia & many kindle book titles are not available for Asian Amazon members so I didn't bother getting one. However, I did get the ebook version from the Writer's Coffee Shop: Publishing House. When you don't have a Kindle but track many forums for book recs, you become adept at finding other alternatives of getting the books discussed. I find that the authors themselves are very helpful in pointing to other websites that carry their ebooks, other than Amazon. :)

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 8:56:54 PM PDT
nlee says:
Her best friend's lover by Shiloh walker - when Dale says the OW's name -- ugh can't get over that.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2011 4:38:16 AM PDT
Gayle Brown,
Not just that the woman keeps the baby a secret, but that a pizza delivery girl was obviously very young and without money - so where were her parents in this situation? Where was the police? How about a paternity test and mandatory child support? No one bothered to ask, "Gee, how'd that pizza knock you up?" or "It's okay, the pizza company's insurance will pay for child care"?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2011 6:50:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2011 6:56:08 AM PDT
bookgrrl1976 says:
Why would the police need to be involved? Did he rape the delivery girl? How old was she?

Edited to add: I just read the scene where she tells Kent about her one night stand with his dad. She was a college student, he invited her to come back after she got off work and she willingly went back. She knew he was getting married but still hooked up with him... So I'm not getting why the police and her parents need to be involved.

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 6:56:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2011 6:57:26 AM PDT
Reader says:
Trisha: Stayed up until 1:00 AM finishing the book. It was a great read. I loved that usually the h are written to be these tough, no-tear females but become total brainless pushovers when the H utters an apology (sometimes not even then). This h completely wore her emotions on her sleeve and was crying every other page but stuck to her guns. I loved that! It just seemed so much more realistic to me to have that wariness about the person after such a huge betrayal. I do wish there was a point where she yelled and ranted more but I could totally understand her reaction and her fear for her child.

nlee: Her Best Friends's Lover was pretty emotional. That was pretty bad but as far as Shilo Walker's H go, I thought that one was one of her better ones. The worse one to me was from No Longer Mine. I thought it was a great story but that guys was just an ice-hole.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2011 6:59:55 AM PDT
bookgrrl1976,
I was being sarcastic, not literal. I find it ridiculous to have a plot device where a young woman gets pregnant and decides to have the baby on her own...there never seems to be the slightest common sense as far as the cost of raising a child, the right of the father to know he has a child, and the complete failure of any responsible adult to intervene in such a hare-brained decision.

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 7:06:14 AM PDT
Reader says:
NewDiane:
Don't know if I agree. Take the book I just finished reading, Take This Betrayal. The H pretty much asks the h to have an abortion when she tells him she is having her baby. I think that at that point you pretty much know you are going to be on your own. No amount of money would be worth me shoving a kid in this guys face. I think that would be much more hurtful to a kid than just walking away knowing you are on your own. Don't know though, I guess you really never know unless you are placed in that situation.

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 7:16:21 AM PDT
TX Reader says:
TrishaLouise,

Finished Take This Regret last night, no way I was going to wait another day to finish! Loved the agnst and what seemed to me a book lengh grovel--at last a H that feels like scum for 5 years after his betrayal, delicious (+:
Enjoyed the book very much and will follow it up with Pulled.
Thanks for the recommendation.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2011 7:18:46 AM PDT
bookgrrl1976 says:
Ah, gotcha. I missed the snark on that one.

I don't know, though. My dad and brother delivered pizzas for Dominos and made a pretty decent wage with tips.

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 7:50:35 AM PDT
Lisa says:
Do I need to read Pulled before Take This Regret? Or are they both stand alones? Thanks!

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 8:03:26 AM PDT
TX Reader says:
Take This Regret is loanable and will be happy to lend my book.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2011 8:10:50 AM PDT
bookgrrl1976 and Reader,
There have only been two books I've read which had a believable "hidden baby scenario". One of them was by Paula Detmer Riggs (I forget the title) and the heroine was raped/forcibly seduced (there's some question about whether she really made her objections clear at the time). The plot made sense because it would have been difficult for her to prosecute the rape under the circumstances, and more difficult for her to raise a child who knew she was the product of rape.

The second book (can't remember title or author, but possibly Marilyn Pappano) made sense, although the heroine and hero made some outrageously poor decisions - she was about to marry his best friend and they betrayed the poor guy just before the wedding. She was under family pressure to marry her fiance, who was more a friend than lover. Her husband was in the military and shortly after their marriage was killed in action. The grieving families had only the baby to look forward to, as a link to their lost son/son-in-law, and she didn't have the courage to tell them it wasn't his child. It was a also a terrible betrayal of her lover, who shows up years later to discover he has a teenage daughter. Otherwise, I never encounter secret baby scenarios that make sense, particularly when a young girl is involved.

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 8:15:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2011 8:38:26 AM PDT
TX Reader - I'd love to "borrow" it from you if you don't mind :-)

I've never done Kindle lending, though, so I'll need help figuring it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2011 8:33:02 AM PDT
TX Reader says:
Jennifer, I'd be delighted to lend the book. Just send me your email address and I'll send it right away. Then you check your email for the link to the book. (+:

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 8:39:04 AM PDT
Do you happen to have an "anonymous" email that I could send my email addy to by any chance? I hate to be "difficult", but the email tied to my kindle is my real name, so I'd prefer not to post it openly on the board.

I really wish Amazon boards allowed Private Messaging. ::sigh::

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2011 8:42:16 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 10, 2011 8:58:27 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2011 10:56:13 AM PDT
gayle brown: Home Song by LaVryle Spencer is one of my favorites for "angsty" reads. I felt the same way about the hero, he even told her he didn't love her when he married her. The kids then jumped on the h and expected her to just get over it also. Very selfish people only thinking of themselves. In the end when they got back together and H told her that he was going to be around his "new" son all the time, I felt like he gave the h an ultimatum. I don't like ultimatums.

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 11:23:25 AM PDT
Sugar Snacks says:
How exactly does loaning work? I have about 300 books on my Kindle and would love to swap some.

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 11:24:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2011 1:40:44 PM PDT
TrishaLouise says:
I stayed up ALL NIGHT reading Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

I feel like I have been ran through the emotional meat grinder! It was like watching a soap opera on steroids. If you want a emotional WTF read then this is the book for you. Be warned that there is cheating in this book...... I have the sequel Effortless lined up for tonight (after I get a nap of course).

Reader: Glad you liked the book :) It makes me happy that we can share our likes and dislikes of books on here. I have found so many great books here that I never would have found other wise.

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 1:22:03 PM PDT
wondercat says:
I just finished Take This Regret and would be happy to loan as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2011 2:54:53 PM PDT
book lover says:
Ashlee--what was LH's first book?
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  491
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jan 30, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 27, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 97 customers

Search Customer Discussions