Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Heroine leaves and the hero goes nuts!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 135 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 1, 2011 1:35:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2014 1:43:39 AM PDT
JennyG. says:
Please suggest some romances in which the heroine leaves the hero for whatever reason and when he relises that she left him he goes nuts!

He is hurt and angry with her that she left him and goes in pursuit of her. Once he finds her, instead of expressing his feelings, he is cold, brooding and just orders her around.

I prefer historicals but contemporaries, paranormal and Harlequin Presents are welcome too. I hope you suggest many books.

P.S. Heroine might also have been kidnapped but the hero thinks she left him and reacts in the same way I described above.

Thank you.

Posted on May 1, 2011 5:46:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 1, 2011 10:30:49 AM PDT
kadiem says:
JennyG --
Check out "Claiming the Courtesan" by Anna Campbell. For shorter novels and/or if you are into HP's then check out "The Innocent's Dark Seduction" by Jennie Lucas.

Posted on May 1, 2011 2:56:31 PM PDT
Hi JennyG
We had this theme before and I like this too,
so I have a long list here.

Catherine Anderson - Simply Love

Kresley Cole - If You Deceive

Claudia Dain - The Marriage Bed

Rachel Gibson - Not Another Bad Date

Linda Howard - To Die For / Dying To Please / Mackenzie's Mission / A Game of Chance / Heart of Fire / Duncan's Bride

Elizabeth Lowell - To The Ends of The Earth / Forbidden

Shannon McKenna - Behind Closed Doors

Stephanie Mittman - The Marriage Bed

Susan Elizabeth Phillips - Kiss An Angel (best one !!) / Heaven Texas

Lisa Marie Rice - Midnight Man / Midnight Run

Nalini Singh - Secrets in the Marriage Bed

Jacqueline M. Ryan - The Odds

< heroine left and hero doesn't know where - hard to win her back >

Catherine Anderson - Phantom Waltz

Samantha Day - The Turn of Tide

Victoria Dahl - To Tempt A Scotsman

Christine Feehan - Dark Fire

Julie Garwood - The Wedding / Heartbreaker / For The Roses

Linda Howard - All The Glitters / An Independent Wife / Cutting Edge

Samantha James - Gabriel's Bride

Lisa Kleypas - Because You're Mine

Kathy Love - Wanting What You Get

Elizabeth Lowell - Warrior / Fire and Rain

Kat Martin - Innocent Undone / Silk and Steel

Kinley MacGregor - Master of Seduction

Diana Palmer - Callahgan's Bride

Karen Rose - Have You Seen Her?

Happy Reading :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2011 3:59:59 PM PDT
hiker says:
i really liked Claiming the Courtesan (Avon Romantic Treasures) he did go nuts when she left...

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2011 8:55:47 AM PDT
JennyG. says:
Thank you very much. :)

Posted on May 2, 2011 11:37:07 AM PDT
Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (Berkley Sensation) by Jennifer Ashley - Historical, a couple is married for a few years. H is an alcoholic and h leaves him. It takes him years to work back into her good graces.
Addicted by Charlotte Featherstone - Historical, h and H are childhood friends, h runs off when she discovers H with her best friend in a "compromising" position. H was high on opium and thought he was with the h so though this was a minor cheating event, his heart was still with the h the entire time.
Annie's Song by Catherine Anderson - Historical, h is deaf and was raped by the H's brother. H is a good man and marries h after it is discovered that she is pregnant. It is kind of towards the end but eventually h goes away to a school for the deaf and H misses her terribly.
Yours Until Dawn [Mass Market Paperback] by Teresa Medeiros - Historical, H is injured (blinded in battle I think) and and when he returns home he finds out his fiancee' has left him because she can't deal with his new disability, after which he becomes a grumpy, burley, blind man. The h is hired to be his caretaker.

Posted on May 2, 2011 5:48:22 PM PDT
hiker says:
Family Man this one is when the h discovers shes pregnant and askes the hero to marry her... he dosn't realize shes pregnant and tells her no, h takes off H goes to find her..

Posted on May 2, 2011 5:56:18 PM PDT
T214T1987 says:
Fires of Winter

Posted on May 2, 2011 6:00:39 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2011 10:21:09 PM PDT
Manda M says:
Hiker, I don't remember anything about pregancy in Jayne Ann Krentz' "Family Man." THat sounds like a good story though -- could you be thinking of a different book? Sounds like one I'd like to read.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2011 5:55:01 AM PDT
momtrots says:
I think you mean A Family Way.Family Way

Posted on May 3, 2011 6:16:34 AM PDT
I think Christian from Flowers from the Storm loses his way when Maddie leaves him.

Posted on May 3, 2011 7:06:55 AM PDT
LibraryLady says:
If you Deceive by Kresley Cole-she leaves him toward toward the end. This is the 3rd in the MacCarrick brothers series; all are excellent!

Posted on May 3, 2011 7:46:54 AM PDT
All three of the Laura Kinsales I've read so far have the H unable to function without the h. I think Seize the Fire may have had the most...interesting...reaction. He kept pushing her away, so she finally accepted another man's offer. Our H suffered from PTSD and pretty much had a meltdown.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2011 8:04:06 AM PDT
hiker says:
hey your right ... it is family way... i love her books also... man or way... hey i was pretty thanks for fixing that.. you rock

Posted on May 3, 2011 8:12:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2011 8:13:57 AM PDT
hiker says:
The Cowboy another book by jayne ann krentz were the h goes away after her an the H break up... she thinks hes using her to get info to take over the company she works for... she finds out tells her boss... they break up. H finds out where she is from her dad.... she comes home from a wedding to find him in her living room.. i think a year after the break up telling her ... to come out to their ranch .. the h dad is dating H mom... her dad won't talk to her on the phone... so she goes out to the ranch and stays... you know the rest this is sorta meets your needs

Posted on May 3, 2011 1:17:19 PM PDT
Michigangirl says:
Tempestuous Reunion by Lynne Graham.
Tempestuous Reunion (Harlequin Presents)

The heroine is in a relationship with the hero, he's keeping her as a mistress. She finds out she's pregnant and wants to know where they're going in their relationship before she tells him. He tells her that she's too stupid and not of the right social set for him to ever marry her, and she better not try to get pregnant because he'll kick her out etc. The heroine gets really upset finding out exactly what he thought of her, she's dyslexic but he thought she was illiterate. She leaves that day and disappears.

When she left the hero got depressed, tried to find her but failed, turned to alcohol, his business plummeted and he lost even the shirt off his back. Then he shaped himself up, got his business back, bought her a house and ring and hoped he'd see her again.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2011 8:07:23 PM PDT
Oh... this story sounds interesting!
So I just went to PBS and ordered.

Thank you Michigangirl :)

Posted on May 5, 2011 12:17:08 PM PDT
hiker says:
This Loving Land the hero is disfigured on one side of his face... they plan to get married..she takes off thinking that her and the hero are half brother and sister... (which is not true) and she is pregnant... he had been attacked and was bedridden had cow hands put in the bed of wagon and chases stage down and threats to kill horses if she dosen't get off the stage... he did goes nuts but it has a sweet ending

Posted on May 15, 2011 3:48:27 AM PDT
MyCat says:
A really old one by Zelma Orr - Miracles Take Longer. 1980's I think. Has been on my keeper shelf since forever.

Posted on May 15, 2011 4:33:15 AM PDT
RVAbooklover says:
In SEP's latest, Call Me Irresistible: A Novel, Ted goes after Meg when she leaves. There are a lot of mixed reviews, but I loved the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2011 3:38:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2011 6:44:35 PM PDT
kaydkay says:
I wanted to say THANK YOU for this req.(Seize the Fire) I purchased this book and have absolutely fallen in love with this story and the hero. I can think of very few H that are written so 3 dimensionally. So glad to have heard about it. Thank you!!

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 4:29:09 PM PDT
Souf says:
Fire Inside - kat Martin. My favorite book, the book that started all! :)

Posted on Jun 11, 2011 8:01:09 PM PDT

Posted on Jun 11, 2011 10:42:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2011 10:43:07 PM PDT
Adnana says:
Whitney, My Love by Judith McNaught. The heroine leaving & hero going crazy part happens towards the end, though.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
19 21 days ago
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
144 1 day ago
Biker Romance Part 2 5191 28 minutes ago
Free Today Second Edition 9721 29 minutes ago
Loan Me Thread V. 6 8672 37 minutes ago
heroine has a physical imperfection 51 47 minutes ago
Dear book buying confessional........ 8130 48 minutes ago
Can't remember title of book, but know what it's about 0 1 hour ago
books you think are wallbangers - warning spoiler alert 2889 1 hour ago
looking for romance book where the geek girl gets the guy 13 1 hour ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 5 6061 3 hours ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 2939 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  79
Total posts:  135
Initial post:  May 1, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 8, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 67 customers

Search Customer Discussions