Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Karen Marie Moning's next love triangle (spoilers maybe?)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 71 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 26, 2013 3:37:38 PM PST
Oh, cool. More Mac and Barrons! Yay!! Thanks, Aussie Girl.

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 10:27:23 PM PST
Aussie Girl says:
There is a teaser at the end of the last chapter of Iced which promises more Mac and Barrons in the next book, Burned: A Fever Novel (Dani O'Malley)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2013 8:18:10 PM PST
Thanks, HJ! I'm still on the fence about Iced. I just want more Mac and Barrons, Dani never appealed, you know? Oh, well, I might get desperate for some Mac/Barrons that I'll break down and buy the thing!! I could also seriously use another Highlander book...like Hawk and that woman he married say 5 or 10 years after the end of the book, ya know??

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2013 6:23:01 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
I enjoyed Iced as an extension of the Fever series, but if I wasn't already addicted and embed in the Fever series previously, then I probably would not have liked it as much. It is definitely NOT any type of romance at all. Think Harry Potter/ Gregor the Overlander-ish (more graphic, but no love story).

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 5:08:06 PM PST
Thanks, everyone. It was pushed aside, at the time, because of a Fever book. A chapter a week then she couldn't find the rest 'cause it was lost then found only to have it removed. Ugh. We were teased with 10 or 11 chapters ending with the pool scene, I think?? What happens next, KMM????

On another note, I've been debating starting Iced...how is it? I'm not into YA, it's kinda creepy, and isn't Dani like 14 yo or something?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2013 3:55:01 PM PST
SCP says:
This post was made in 2010 - I think you're right about this taking awhile to be published!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2013 4:13:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2013 4:17:57 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
http://www.karenmoning.com/forum/showthread.php?28717-The-Lady-Lies

ETA - I realize that you probably already know this - but it's the last mention of it anywhere, so I don't think things have changed. Remember, it took almost 2 years for Shadowfever to be finished and published, and that one was a series conclusion (semi, I know).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2013 9:23:51 PM PST
Yes, please. This COULD be the next love triangle. If I recall correctly, the girl is younger and I'm sure the hero has a "woman" in his life.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2013 7:22:54 PM PST
SCP says:
That is so weird, I was just thinking about this one earlier today. I don't think she even has it up on her website anymore :(

I'm not up on her facebook or anything, can someone ask her directly?

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 6:13:29 PM PST
Anyone heard anything re: The Lady Lies? We've been waiting over two years now!! :-(

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 9:48:16 PM PDT
Just too soon to predict a triangle yet, especially with Dani so young. I think she's around 17 in the next, so maybe. Ryodan is such a wild card and the mystery of Dani's young friend remains to be solved. And then there's Christian. At this time, I can't imagine Dani and Ryodan, but who knows? Mac and JBZ seemed to be very unsuited at first.

To me, the Fever and Highlander series are two different types of genre (if that's the right word). Going into the Fever series, I knew it would be much different. I did hesitate a bit, but since I'd loved everything so far, I tried it out and was sunk. Fortunately for me, I was able to read all five close together.

Having read both series several times, the Highlanders have a thread of the future heading toward Fever, making them even more enjoyable. I love them both.

Though a stand alone, I include Into the Dreaming in my own Fever world. The story has some differences in it, but it describes the icy conditions of the Unseelie prison so well. And the love of the U.K. for his queen and those big black wings.

My opinion only, I would rather she didn't rewrite. Sometimes the story becomes different, the characters change personalities, etc.

Hoping for a release date..

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 1:13:39 PM PDT
You cannot understand it all without reading all her books, they all come together.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:45:17 PM PST
Margo says:
I tried reading the Highlanders before the Fever series came out, but then for whatever reason couldn't get into them, then read Fever, absolutely loved it and tried Highlanders again and actually enjoyed them this time around, but I agree with TravelingGal they're like Harlequin paranormal in comparison to Fever.
I cannot believe I'm still waiting for my Iced audiobook to arrive, what takes soooooooo long?!!!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:26:33 PM PST
Aussie Girl says:
i read Fever Series first.... Loved it. I am now going back and reading the Highlanders, up to Adam Black's book. Although I did enjoy Daegus and Drustan's book, no way as much as JZB, Mac and crew from Fever. They are awesome. Once i do a re-read of Fever ,i'll start Iced. I guess its just a personal choice which series you enjoy more. I totally agree with TravelingGal it was the intensity and the twists and turns in the Fever that totally hooked me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:14:14 PM PST
TravelingGal says:
Now, I'm the opposite. I loved the Fever series. As a result I tried the Highlander books but they just didn't do much for me. Compared to the intensity and scope of the Fever books, they seemed like paranormal Harlequin romances. Of course, I tried them right after each other so I probably need to go back and give them a second chance now that some time has passed.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:46:38 PM PST
Shamoo says:
I agree with a couple people above. I started the Highlander series with Immortal Highlander (Adam Blacks story), my favorite (one of my all time favorites) of the series. I did enjoy the Dageus/Drustan books as well. And like booklover stated, the romance is the main focus of theses stories, which is why I prefer them over the fever series. Personally I think KMM should rewrite the fever books to make the romance the main focus and fit the rest of the story in as needed in an abbreviated form. THAT would be good. I've actually re-read the fever series on my own that way by dog earring the pages. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:22:59 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
They were really secondary characters. It would have been impossible to try to make them equal, in any way, to Barrons.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:08:58 PM PST
M. Moss says:
I forgot that Darroc was in the Highlander books. From what little the Highlanders were featured in Shadow do you think KMM ddid them justice or were they lightweights? I know it wasn't their story but.......

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:02:15 PM PST
Catniss - Many people agree w/Deanna - you can totally start the Highlander books w/#4. I loved them all - but I think if you start w/the 3rd one (Highlander's Touch) or the 4th one (Kiss of the Highlander - have lent this to so many people, non romance readers included, and everyone's loved it) you will be fine. Personally, I don't think the Fever books hold a candle to the Highlanders, but that's just me. I like the romance being the main focus of the story.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 3:40:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 3:41:17 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
I'd agree with Deanna, except to say that my FAVORITE highlander book is Adam Black's.

The Immortal Highlander: 6

Adam seems to be the one common thread (albeit very tiny in a couple of the books) that binds all of the Highlander and Fever books together. Additionally, his book is where Darroc of the Fever series(Lord Master) is introduced.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 3:32:34 PM PST
i started listening to Iced today - my first though, the narrator has made her sound a bit older than she did in the Fever series - although its the same narrator - and second, omg, Phil Gigante could read me the phone book

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 3:31:39 PM PST
for me, the highlander books didn't really get good until book 4 - which is when the mackelter brothers showed up - daegus/drustan

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 3:23:20 PM PST
Catniss says:
Two books with Mac and Barrons? I am beyond excited about that - I thought she was done with them as leads. I will definitely read this book then...even though the price makes me frown :(

On her Highlander series - I started to read the first book and hated it - it wasn't nearly as good as the Fever series. I think this was was her first book though (?) and she wrote many more of them. Does the writing in the later ones improve, and if so can I start reading in the middle or is it one of those series where you have to start at book one?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 3:03:12 PM PST
M. Moss says:
Thanks could not remember the name. I have to wonder what she will write after the series is done.

I loved the Fever series so much I went out and bought her Highlanders but could not get into them, I liked the first Highlander book but found the others to be not interesting.

Same thing with Nalini Singh books, Angels I loved, Psy series not so much.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:44:56 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
The 3rd book in Dani's series is 'Flayed.'
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  71
Initial post:  Jun 5, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions