Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Annoying h' s

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 61 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 28, 2012 7:53:51 PM PST
RgReader says:
Undenible by Madeline Sheehan heroine Eva. Spoiler....

She stayed with her rapist foster brother and went to extremes to free him from jail after knowing he put a hit on her which didn't seem to anger her much. Blech.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 8:08:29 PM PST
MovieLover says:
HI CMommy,

Mary Balogh's historical romances are usually enjoyable to me. Her publisher re-issued
2 of her books in 1.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX SPOILER ALERT XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A CHRISTMAS BRIDE has a rude & angry heroine, especially toward story's beginning.
She was a 19 YO pressured to wed a man 30yrs her senior. This was her justifcation
for trying to seduce her stepson, a few yrs her junior. Stepson became estranged from
her for yrs, with good reason. The near incest aspect of the story was creepy to me.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 11:44:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 11:45:51 PM PST
I couldn't stand the h in Karen Robards' Justice! She got on my d*mn nerves!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:33:53 PM PST
T. Smith says:
And Gwen becme even more annoying in later books. All these other men who wanted her and didn't get her, their women in later books had to pass the Gwen test. I found that highly uncomfortable.

And yes, would have bought off on the whole sleeping with someone you don't know thing if it had been maybe a month or two. But 18 seened very excessive to let that go on.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 3:00:10 PM PST
MelissaB says:
Have we added Gwen aka "all it takes for me to jump on a man is for him to a smile at me" from Mystery Man (Dream Man Series) - she is an idiot and sleeps with a guy she doesn't know for 18 months.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:51:56 PM PST
CMommy says:
Dee Cee: OMG! Shanna is at the top of my most hated h's of all time! I even wrote a review for that book because I couldn't stand her.

Doreen: I mostly enjoy KEW's books also but that one was terrible.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 12:13:08 PM PST
A Customer says:
@Dee Cee, how could I have forgotten Shanna?? She is easily one of the most awful heroines I've ever come across. I couldn't even finish the book, I kept going and going hoping she would get better and finally I gave up.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:16:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:17:03 AM PST
L. Burns says:
TPWNN: She was truly awful, with the maturity of a hormonal 13 year old (though of course she was a grown woman). No logic behind most of her actions and the fact that the H kept putting up with her made him seem like a doormat. The premise of the book is that the H/h have a one night stand and she gets pregnant despite using a condom. Most of the story is very well done, but there's this odd thing where almost everyone is just thrilled to death by this pregnancy - his parents, her parents...even the H. It was weird; no one seemed concerned that these two people - complete strangers - were about to become parents. It was all just "Oh, a baby! How wonderful! I'm gonna be a grandma!". Just struck me as odd.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:04:00 AM PST
@ T. Smith - Kelly was SUPER annoying!!!!

Susan in Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter, Book 10) (Dark-Hunter Novels) - it's been a while since I read this but all I can remember is her being sarcastic as hell. And not in a funny, observational way. More like I will choke this b* if she says one more unhelpful thing kind of way. lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:51:03 AM PST
I can't imagine how annoying the heroine in Undeniably Yours is when those I've heard complain about her didn't complain about the heroine in the first book - Exclusively Yours. I found that heroine so unlikable and annoying that I never read the rest of the series even though I liked the H and especially the hero's family.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:47:48 AM PST
D. Arnold says:
Same for me on Shanna. She did seem a bit much at times!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:40:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 6:40:54 AM PST
Doreen says:
Oh Dee Cee thank you for saying it. I Love KEW early books but I can not stand Shanna.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:07:35 AM PST
Teresa says:
Almost every h in Lora Leigh's books. They let the H get away with stuff for which I would have them arrested. I especially hate it when the h forgivens the H when whatever he does is for her own good. I am okay with sexual domination, but how about letting the h be the agressor?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 4:54:33 AM PST
Dee Cee says:
Shanna by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss, i find the h so annoying/so stupid, sometimes i feel like throwing the book halfway into reading it but the only reason i'd finished it was because of the H, Ruark..he's the kind of hero u'd wished to have in real life..

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 6:51:26 PM PST
BookHawk says:
The worst is when h starts out wonderful then when your about 75% through a book she does a 360 character turn.
On Dublin street (Jocelyn)loved book but at end she really got to me.
Rock me (Candace)-letting her family influence her at end after they got to good spot in their relationship.
Taking Shots Assassins (Elli)-I hated everything about her.
any Elizabeth Reyes h in Moreno brothers series
any J.R Ward h after 4 book

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:34:32 AM PST
Doreen says:
The h of the current book I'm reading is really annoying Accidental Abduction (Alien Abduction). I think the author intended her to be endearingly snarky but she's coming off as a shrew. I'm skimming a lot when she's talking.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:55:58 PM PST
Bling says:
I know that's what she said in the end but I still felt that since the book was in first person SPOILER and she was describing Stone's expressions whenever Cooper/other brother called, she should have realized. Well, anyway, to each his own, I guess. Lots of people think certain heroines are annoying (Eg. Bailee from Texan Wager) but I don't :P

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 5:01:34 PM PST
LTR says:
I started Pieces of Rhys but haven't decided if I'll go back to it or not. I couldn't get into the h -- stalking the H as she did (she said it to him and he agreed). I might pick it up again but I've got a couple of other books to read first.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:47:36 PM PST
Sortia says:
Lazy that's a bit different, I can handle moody, lol. However, I might put these on hold while I go for other more urgent books I have on my tbr pile.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 3:39:32 PM PST
Hey Sortia, I don't know if "b*tchy is really the right word. I wanna say moody, maybe? Basically the h's bounce between hot, cold and doormat. Lots of people liked the book. I didn't. DNF for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:36:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 3:39:15 PM PST
Sortia says:
Ugg, bad news for me. I have both Pieces of Rhys and Accidentally on Purpose on my tbr pile. I was excited to read them, but I have low tolerance for b**tchy heroines

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:33:31 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Whatever? So I guess you're okay with it being shelved on hundreds of readers' Do Not Read shelves, right?

Good to know.

*heads to Goodreads and the Badly Behaving Authors*

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 3:29:10 PM PST
I find the heroines in L.D Davies books Pieces of Rhys and Accidentally on Purpose extremely annoying. Its hard for me to verbalize why I find them so unlikeable though. I think because the H's are all asshats and for some reason the h chooses to stay with them while acting both b*tchy and doormat-like throughout the whole book.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:22:55 PM PST
Leelee says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:17:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 3:28:57 PM PST
Sortia says:
Please, stop spamming this thread with that book. As far as I know the theme is "Annoying heroines", not ANNOYING AUTHORS, or readers (since you claim you are just excited about this book).
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  61
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions