Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Just discovered Eloisa James

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 25, 2012 3:52:10 PM PST
Thanks for all the great suggestion! Merry Christmas to all.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 12:18:28 AM PST
Eloisa James also has the Duchess series, best read in order. I have re-read that series so many times. One thing I like about her is her feel for marriage, not just romance. I like it that many times, she writes what happens after the marriage. By the way, she also has epilogues on her website showing what has happened in the couple's lives years down the road. She is one of my favorite writers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 10:59:43 PM PST
Donna,

If you can, consider reading the Bridgertons series in order. There's a "big reveal" in Romancing Mr. Brisgerton that will mean more if you've read the books that came before it. Start with The Duke and I. The Bridgertons are a lot of fun. I think you'll like them.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 8:36:25 PM PST
Robin Wilson says:
If you haven't read James' four Essex Sisters books, then dive in!
Much Ado About You is the first one. Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 8:23:47 PM PST
atiptoes says:
I suggest reading the whole bridgerton series. One of my favs ever is The Duke and I.

I also love Eloisa James. I think i've read them all and love most of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 8:21:25 PM PST
You'll have to deal with Leo Tolstoy. I have a few bones to pick with him, myself. I mean, did he really have to throw me under a train? What's up with that?!!!!

I don't mind in the least that you didn't like Anna Karenina. She wasn't even my favorite character anyway.

And anyone who likes Loretta Chase is OK by me. She's written some of my favorites.

Merry Christmas to you, too, Donna. :)

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 7:40:36 PM PST
Thanks for the Julia Quinn suggestion. I just downloaded Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgerton Family).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 7:32:19 PM PST
Hi Anna Karenina,
I have a confession to make. About a month ago, I decided to read Anna Karenina (Maude Translation) (Carefully Crafted Classics®). I know it's one of the most highly regarded novels ever, and I consider myself to be fairly literate. You must really love it, since you're Santa's Little Russian Elf. But I couldn't get through it. It didn't turn me on. Does this make me a bad person? To clear my palate, I read Loretta Chase's Knaves' Wager, which I really liked a lot, and finished in a couple days. Sometimes I feel guilty loving romances and turning my back on what's considered to be "great literature." But I am what I am. In any case, Merry Christmas to you, Anna Karenina. At least we share a great fondness for When Beauty Tamed the Beast.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 7:26:47 PM PST
yes she does - she, Eloisa james, Lisa Kleypas all fall into the same general regency time period of romances

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 7:22:10 PM PST
I haven't tried Julia Quinn. Does she write historicals, too?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 3:52:06 PM PST
When Beauty Tamed the Beast is one of my favorite books ever!

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 3:30:35 PM PST
RomeoOromeo says:
Love her and Julia Quinn. I always associate them together - but maybe that is because I discovered them around the same time?

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 3:28:11 PM PST
She is a very good writer - her NF book Paris in Love was one of my favorite reads this year

Initial post: Dec 24, 2012 2:19:01 PM PST
I know I've come very late to the party, but I've just discovered Eloisa James. When Beauty Tamed the Beast is a terrific read, and in my opinion Eloisa James is a terrific writer. I don't think talented romance writers get the credit they deserve.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions