Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Heros others love, but you didn't - Lisa Kleypas

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 28, 2013 9:17:45 AM PST
SAB says:
I picked Lisa Kleypas because she's written so many stories with amazing heros.

Okay....I know that I'm in the total minority but I could not understand why so many people like Derek Craven from Dreaming of You. I totally did not care for the book or him. I didn't even care for Sara.

For me....I love Cam Rohan whereas I don't think that many do. Even Sebastian St. Vincent, I didn't care for him but he has many who love him.

Also...another that I did not like but others loved is Harry Rutledge.

Anyway, just wanted to see who you liked but others didn't and who others loved and you didn't!

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 9:54:12 AM PST
Lord Rose says:
My absolute least favorite heroes of hers are the ones from Prince of Dreams and Only With Your Love. Both of them were creeps, and I really have no idea why any sane woman would anything to do with either of them. (They're not among her more popular books, though, so I can't say they quite fit the topic.)

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 5:16:05 PM PST
I didn't really enjoy Maximilien Vallerand from Only in Your Arms. It's been a while since I read it, so I can't give very specific reasons why I didn't like him, I just remember reading it and being very ambivalent toward him. Of course, I didn't really enjoy the heroine much either, so all in all, not my favorite Kleypas. In fairness, I think it was one of her very early books, and she's much improved since, to the point of being a favorite of mine.

I loved Derek Craven, Cam Rohan, Kev Merripen (a real favorite), all of the Bow Street Runners heros, the Travis brothers, Zachary Bronson. I'm actually having a hard time thinking of any other Kleypas heros that I disliked.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 5:57:55 PM PST
tealadytoo says:
Not a huge fan of the reformed bad boy, so while I don't hate them, I'm just not that in love with Sebastian or Nick Gentry. For Bow Street, my favorite was Sir Ross. My favorite Wallflowers H was Matthew Swift, and NOBODY but me seems to pick him.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 11:58:30 PM PST
read4fun says:
I didn't like Logan Scott from Because You're Mine. He treated the h badly for most of the book and didn't grovel enough in the end IMO.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 9:13:49 AM PST
SAB says:
Another one that I loved was Captain Christopher Phelan. A lot of people loved Leo, Lord Ramsay and I didn't care for him.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 1:26:18 PM PST
i loved Cam and harry, also nick gentry...

but i didn't much care for Kev Merripen. he loved her so much he was out doing other women, then was going to let her marry that sanctimonious prick when he knew the other man didn't truly love her. if he wanted to have a life with another woman he should have left and built one. but he stayed...keeping the wound open for both of them while knowing he could give her the love she wanted. Just mean, i say..

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 11:58:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2013 12:00:38 AM PST
read4fun says:
I don't get the down votes...just because people disagree???

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 8:57:21 AM PST
just ignore them - they are worthless IMHO

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 10:01:39 AM PST
Lady Rowan says:
I agree coyote
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Feb 28, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions