Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Standalone, HEA, no cheating, H is madly in love or jealous/possessive

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 141 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2013 9:04:54 PM PST
wife says:
There have been a lot of posts lately from people who are fed up with the multitudes of series being written with cliffhangers and long periods of time before the next book is released. Plus many of the books in these series are short and expensive when you have to buy several books that really make up one story. Many people are also looking for books with no cheating and that have a HEA.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 9:08:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 10:06:47 AM PST
wife says:
The Unwanted Wife not j/p, but the H never gives up. You may think he cheats, but he doesn't.

On Dublin Street

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 9:14:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 9:57:00 AM PST
wife says:
On The Island
spoiler#########################################
H does some partying after they get off the island when the h breaks up with him and pushes him to go hang out with his old friends and act his age. He is much younger than her and society says she is taking advantage of him. I can't remember if he actually sleeps with someone else,but he never stops loving her.

Easy
Not your regular jealous/possessive

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 9:16:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 10:04:03 AM PST
wife says:
My Favorite Mistake not j/p

The Secret of Ella and Micha
There could be a sequel, but I was happy with the ending and definitely don't think it needs one.
He is with other girls before they are together, but in the context of the book, it made sense and didn't bother me.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 9:21:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 10:09:56 AM PST
wife says:
Wrong Bed, Right Guy not j/p

Beautiful Disaster

Flat-Out Love Not j/p, but I loved this one.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 10:31:35 PM PST
D. Politis says:
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie is a stand alone but also part of a series that fits this thread. Each book has a definite ending, and each book features a different brother in the family. These are historical romances. I highly recommend them.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 10:57:00 PM PST
HR says:
Although it is the 3rd book in Lisa Marie Rice's 'Midnight' series, 'Midnight Angel' absolutely can stand alone. It definitely has an HEA (the epilogue is wonderful) and there is no cheating whatsoever. The H, Douglas Kowalski, has physical scars from his time in war; in fact, he considers himself ugly (some others do as well). He loves opera, classical music and the h, blind harpist Allegra Ennis. Although alpha to the utmost, his fearsome exterior houses a gentle and loving soul. My favorite book...can you tell?

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 4:59:06 AM PST
Thanks for starting this. As much as I do like series books, I like to wait until they are all out before reading them, so this is wonderful! Most of KA's books are standalones even if they are in a series which I like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 5:12:08 AM PST
Romance Diva says:
The hero in Wrong Bed, Right Guy (Come Undone Book 1) is possessive?

*adds to list*

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 5:26:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 5:26:55 AM PST
Jane D says:
The Monster of Fame
Night and Day
Exorcising Sean's Ghost

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 6:55:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 10:57:03 AM PST
JLC says:
Hi Addicted to books! Thanks for starting this thread!

FINAlLy: I've always wanted to post this because I LOOoovE this book but never have found the right thread:
Annie's Song by Catherine Anderson

I like Marie Force's standalones:
The Wreck
Everyone Loves a Hero: ...and that's the problem
The Fall

Added after posting: Crap! Didn't pay attention to the "possessive" criteria, so some of my recs may not fit this thread. Sorry!!!

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:15:53 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 9, 2013 1:20:10 AM PDT]

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:36:13 AM PST
Robin Wilson says:
I recently read these contemporaries...great plotting and characterizations which matter to me.
Back to You
Bound To You
Last Summer

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:38:02 AM PST
KAT says:
@Addicted to books- Thanks for starting this thread. These are the kind of books I am wanting to read !!

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:52:39 AM PST
Amyalissa says:
JLC - I believe Love at First Flight has a semi-cheating scene.
*****spoiler*****
IIRC the H starts having s*x with his ex while drunk or asleep. I think it was all her but still kind of cheating...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:08:07 AM PST
JLC says:
Amyalissa: Crap, totally forgot. Another strike for me. Sorry!

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:42:02 AM PST
wife says:
Hey guys, thanks for posting! I named this discussion H is madly in love or jealous/possessive so that we could include books from a little larger category. Maybe I should have worded it a little better. I also like a H that never gives up on pursuing the h but is not really jealous/possessive. I will try to indicate which in my posts. Sorry if I confused anybody. I was so excited about getting the discussion going that maybe I should have put a little more thought into the name of the discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:12:55 AM PST
wife says:
romance diva: it is not j/p, but he definitely pursues her.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:13:39 AM PST
Amyalissa says:
I'll add a few...

Fragile - YA/NA
Charade - NA
Hope's Chance - NA
A Song for Julia (Thompson Sisters) - NA (I read it before I realized it was part of a series, but I was happy with it as a stand alone)
Backstage Pass: Sinners on Tour (The Sinners on Tour) - Romance/romantica (again part of a series, but I think this is good as a stand alone. Personally, I'm not a fan of the other books in the series, so I say read this one and stop.)
Graceful Submission - BBW and BDSM Romantica
Rock Me - Romance (again part of a series but works as a stand alone)
Chasing McCree -YA
Sheltered - NA Romance/romantica

Hope those help!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:17:36 AM PST
wife says:
Denise: the secret of Ella and Micah is standalone. You may be thinking of the authors New book the Coincidence of Callie and Kaylen. I have read that it ends with a cliffhanger.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:20:05 AM PST
There is a second book coming out for Micah and Ella's story to contiune on, but the first book ends without a cliffhanger. I didn't even a second book was coming out until a few months after reading it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:21:14 AM PST
wife says:
JLC: in my opinion it fits here if it has a HEA, no cheating and is standalone.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:21:14 AM PST
Amyalissa says:
The Secret of Ella and Micah will have a follow-up book called The Forever of Ella and Micah, but there is no release date on it yet.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:24:06 AM PST
Tala says:
Thanks for starting this thread. I was going to rec A song for Julia, but someone beat me to it. Another I liked last year was Incidental Happenstance

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:30:55 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 16, 2013 12:16:16 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  52
Total posts:  141
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  May 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 51 customers

Search Customer Discussions