Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Laugh out loud funny, romantic, and sexy love scenes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2013 7:43:29 AM PST
Alexap says:
I'm looking for books like Wallbanger by Alice Clayton. Alice Clayton always has the perfect mix of sexy and silly.

This book was sweet, cute, sexy, hilarious and leaves you feeling warm. It is one of the best modern-day romances I have read.
I want a fun book that you have to put it down because you can't stop smiling and you read the same page over and over.

I like Contemporary more than Historical no YA please.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 8:15:59 AM PST
Jean says:
I agree with your love of Wallbanger and I'll recommend Painted Faces for a nice mix of sexy and funny.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 8:51:12 AM PST
readtoomuch says:
Yes! Painted Faces was an unexpected surprise. Also check out Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers #1)

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 8:58:56 AM PST
D. Arnold says:
I finished the Sophie Oak's series Nights in Bliss and have to say I laughed throughout the first two books. I couldn't get over the funnies the writer came up with in the dialogues with the characters. It is a menage so if that is not your thing, beware. I enjoyed the whole series, but the first two had me laughing out loud and receiving strange glances.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:05:59 AM PST
DVC Bunny says:
Did you try her Readhead series. These were great!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 10:16:41 AM PST
adh says:
I LOVED that book. (Wallbanger)

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 10:21:14 AM PST
Jean says:
Also, you could try Against The Wall which I thought was really funny (in a very immature way!). If you like Seduction and Snacks, you'll probably like this.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:37:09 PM PST
NK Baker says:
LOVED Wallbanger and The Redhead series. Clayton's humor is classic!

@Jean, I'm going to have to give Against The Wall a try. It sounds good.

I just read Save the Date (Modern Arrangements). It just released this week, I think. It wasn't Wallbanger funny, but it had some funny stuff. There is a bachelorette party chapter that made me laugh out loud. BUT, warning, it's a trilogy and this is only book 1. So, it stops before you get full resolution. I just hope the author doesn't take 6 months to a year for the next one.

Oh, I also like the Stephanie Plum series, though it's not really a romance.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:23:44 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 15, 2013 6:24:00 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:25:09 PM PST
Jean says:
Sorry for the deleted post...wrong thread...

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:40:14 PM PST
Mellie B. says:
I've always enjoyed Jennifer Crusie's romances. They're modern, really funny, the characters are kind of kooky, the sex scenes are hot, funny, AND realistic (who hasn't ever tripped or fallen off the bed or tried to do something sexy and ended up being a dork?). While some of her books concern one family, they're not a "series" in the traditional sense and can be read solo. The book that first hooked me was Welcome to Temptation. For the same price, it looks like you can get a two-fer with Welcome to Temptation/Bet Me. Both of those are full novels, not stories or skinny novelettes, btw.

Enjoy!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:49:03 PM PST
T. Smith says:
Open Season by Linda Howard has a great love scene, complete with colored condums.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 5:11:35 AM PST
Alexap says:
Yes I can't wait for the third one

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 5:29:22 AM PST
Jane D says:
I'd recommend anything by Melissa Blue (both funny and sexy), Trish Wyllie, Heidi Rice, Aimee Duffy and Mira Lynn Kelly

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:57:24 AM PST
austenfiend says:
I agree with your thoughts on Jennifer Crusie. The first book I read of hers was Bet Me and I laughed through most of it. However, I couldn't get through Welcome to Temptation - there were too many people in the book and I couldn't keep everyone straight (oh, the joys of getting old!)

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 10:40:00 AM PST
How about the A Neighbor from Hell series by R. L. Mathewson? There are three in the series so far, the first (and my fave) being Playing for Keeps. Very funny and sexy. Hope this helps. Happy reading, all!

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 12:03:50 PM PST
MJ says:
Black Flag: Racing on the Edge (Volume 2) by Shey Stahl and the whole series.

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 4:51:11 PM PST
Me says:
I loved The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken. I think that's the closest thing I've found close to how funny Wallbanger was.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
4 Mar 13, 2015
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
115 8 days ago
What's your favorite Stand Alone Book? 6 1 second ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #4 2710 5 minutes ago
Does anyone remember this book? 4 13 minutes ago
wanted: kindle romance bargains ($3.99 or less) by established authors that are good (no self-promos or ya/na) 1164 17 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 1663 18 minutes ago
Biker Romance Part 2 3562 21 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 5 3049 27 minutes ago
Heroine has been bullied before 5 31 minutes ago
Weekend Reading - 1-3 May 15 44 minutes ago
Absent Minded Heroes or Heroines 9 54 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  Nov 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions