Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

"Please don't ever leave me..."

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 194 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 17, 2008 4:31:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jul 17, 2012 7:55:03 AM PDT
Sandra says:
are there any books where the hero is emotional and begs the heroine to never leave him b/c he can't live without her. (The hero is so in love with the heroine that to live without her would be hell, he would literally want to die if he couldn't have her.) I'm pretty much looking for books where the hero could never let the heroine go, wants to be with her always and loves and wants the heroine so much that he would rather die than be without her, a hero that passionately in love.

Edit:
2012 update of books with heroes that fit this:
Beautiful Disaster
A Rose to the Fallen

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2008 4:50:01 PM PST
HMS says:
Ransom by Julie Garwood (although he does not cry, just determined to stay with the heroine). Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2008 4:55:17 PM PST
Agent Scully says:
Claiming the Courtesan, This dude has it bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2008 9:18:10 PM PST
bookcraze says:
Hi Sandra,

I find that men have a unique way to beg that it doesn't really sound like begging at all due to their inflated ego especially for historical romances. They give orders instead such as "You're not going to leave me!"

Try "The Masquerade" by Brenda Joyce. The hero was so scared that the heroine might leave him, he just simply said "You're not going to leave me!" with pleading soulful eyes. When she left, he screamed like a wounded animal and broke the mirror by his bare hand and cut it badly. It really was a heart-wrenching piece to read.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 2:47:56 AM PST
M. Ferrer says:
Well the incomparable Derek Craven in Dreaming of you cannot stand to be apart from Sara and near the end there is a great scene about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 3:28:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2008 3:29:47 AM PST
Sandra says:
wow, now i have to read The Masquerade....it sounds so romantic

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 4:40:52 AM PST
I'll second that!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 5:36:22 AM PST
Arch says:
Bookcraze,

The scene about the hero screaming like a wounded animal and breaking a mirror, because the heroine left, reminds me of the scene with Sam going crazy, when Alyssa left his hotel room in Over The Edge. Sam was truly in love with this woman.

Some men be so much in love with women that they go ballistic, when she leaves them or hurt them. I hate to see a man cry. Sam cried behind Alyssa.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 5:56:24 AM PST
EC says:
Who is the author of over the edge? There are two with that exact title but neither has those characters.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 6:07:20 AM PST
Corrine says:
Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase... Dominick tells Jessica, "If you ever leave me I will kill myself," which is just like his normal over-the-top, dramatic brooding self, to which Jessica replies, "Don't be ridiculous. I'd never leave you." (I'm paraphrasing, of course, but I think that's pretty close).

Jessica Trent is one of the best romance heroines of all time!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 7:25:28 AM PST
Agent Scully says:
I thought so too, then I checked the reviews. The hero sleeps with the heroine's sister and has an illegitimate baby with her. Ugh!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 2:21:00 PM PST
shagadenise says:
Try the classic book "Wuthering Heights" by either Emily or Charlotte Bronte. Sorry, I can't remember the author's first name, but it's one of the two I mentioned. Also try "A Long and Fatal Love Chase" by Louisa May Alcott. Have a great day and happy reading!

Denise Floyd, author of "Tales from the Boudoir" :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 2:26:15 PM PST
HMS says:
The Magic of You by Johanna Lindsey

Love the hero's response at the end of the book!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 2:27:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2008 2:28:15 PM PST
HMS says:
Because You're Mine by Lisa Kleypas

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 9:18:48 PM PST
Sandra says:
I agree that wuthering heights would make the list, very romantic, heathcliff was very possessive and jealous, I really like books with jealous heroes also, their jealousy shows they don't want others touching what they believe is theirs, he he

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2008 6:53:39 PM PST
Jackie says:
He's not that way throughout the entire book, but once Byron Statford realizes he's in love with the heroine in Lydia Joyce's The Veil of Night, he cant stand to be away from her. One of my favorite lines from the book is when he tells her "I can't live with out you. I don't know what to call it, but if it isn't love, I don't know what it is. So stop looking down your prim little nose at me and say you'll marry me so I don't have to kill myself."

There's a great "don't leave me" scene in Kresley Cole's If You Deceive.

I'll second Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase. It's a favorite of mine.

Have you ever read paranormal romance? There's lots of those where the hero can't be without the heroine. Bones from Jeaniene Frost's Nighthuntress series is so in love with Kat, he never wants to be away from her. In Christine Feehan's carpathian series, the heroes are literally unable to be without the heroines.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2008 2:12:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2008 2:22:56 AM PST
Sandra says:
M. Ferrer,
I just read Dreaming of you a few days ago and I really like where Sara teases that she is going to leave him, but he doesn't know she is teasing and he says "I won't let you leave me." in a very serious and threatening way...This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.... o Derek the perfect hero

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2008 3:48:12 AM PST
sonia says:
I loved Ransom precisely because the hero does not leave the heroine as happens in many books. I love it that he stuck with her.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2008 3:50:07 AM PST
sonia says:
<Who is the author of over the edge? There are two with that exact title but neither has those characters.>

EC the author is Suzanne Brockmann and the book is part of a series better read in order.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2008 8:50:05 AM PST
I like the way Sam in Gone Too Far says, "You belong to me, and I belong to you." when he's afraid Alyssa's going to leave him.

I know that Carter is like that about Bailee in the Jodi Thomas Wife Lottery books. Their relationship unfolds in The Texan's Wager. You see it in the second and third books (When a Texan Gambles, The Texan's Reward). He doesn't say it because he doesn't talk much, but he won't go to bed without and waits for her to come with him. It's so sweet and simple who it's written.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2008 8:51:02 AM PST
Corrine, Lord of Scoundrels is my favorite book of all time. Jessica and Dain are my favorite couple and heroine and hero respectively.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2008 8:52:10 AM PST
HMS I love the scene in The Magic of You where he touches her hand through the wall between them on the ship. The way it's written, you can see just how deeply Warren loves Amy. It's so poignant.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2008 3:53:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2008 3:53:58 PM PST
Agent Scully says:
Hunter in Lisa Kleypas' "Stranger in My Arms". I love the scene where he begs her "keep me with you".

Nicholas in Deborah Simmons' Maiden Bride. He's so obsessed with Gillian he refuses to let her die.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2008 6:48:51 PM PST
Pamela P says:
Cherish by Catherine Anderson the hero says to the heroine "And if you ever - and I do mean ever - try to leave me, I'm goin' with you."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2008 10:10:36 AM PST
M. Ferrer says:
Yes...Derek is my kind of hero. And when the prostitute goes to tell Sara that he told her to be quite while he was thinking it was Sara he was making love to ....Honestly that scene just broke my heart.
Where are the Dereks I wonder?...because in Spain I can assure you they are more exctinted than the dodo.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 May 2, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
160 8 days ago
24symbols 0 4 minutes ago
Free Today Third Edition 3324 15 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 4974 19 minutes ago
M/M Loan Thread 1182 27 minutes ago
Harlequin Novels Where Hero Dumps Heroine 279 37 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 2096 2 hours ago
Worst Betrayal Ever!!! 2 745 3 hours ago
"The List" that was spawned by the popular Don't Shoot Me Thread 9517 3 hours ago
Can anyone help me find this book? 11 5 hours ago
wanted: kindle romance bargains ($3.99 or less) by established authors that are good (no self-promos or ya/na) 2095 6 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  72
Total posts:  194
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 15, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 38 customers

Search Customer Discussions