Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Name and Title

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 23, 2012 9:50:28 PM PST
Lillian Rose says:
I am after the name and title of two books.Please help.

1. Heroine is Irish her sister has just been hanged for witchcraft and the heroine is on the run. The Hero is a sea captain/Duke, he forces the heroine to sleep with him. Some witch hunter is after her. At some point she gets captured but he saves her, she knows she is pregnant and that he is married. Hero's wife has a mental illness, due to loss of baby. The heroine marries cousin or relative and goes to live in America. Hero finds ut that he has son. At the same time there is witch craft arrests and some people are hung. The Hero rescues the heroine and child but her husband who was arrested has alway been very fragile and he dies.

2. The Hero is obsessed with OW he arranges to have her kidnapped but they kidnap her french maid instead. The heroine is loved by all, the hero is stll ovsessed by OW, as soon as she realises what happened she goes to hero. He finally realises that he doesn't love OW, but she pretends that the hero raped her when he was drunk and that she is pregnant, so the hero maries her. The heroine's family were mostly killed in the french revolution but her mother escapes but not with her mind intact, her new husband takes her to the h, who looks after them, the new husband sees the OW as a means to get money. He murders the h's mother and the OW and I think the OW kills him as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 11:39:54 PM PST
acmer says:
I'm pretty sure the first one is Devil's Mistress. Funny -- not long ago someone else was asking about a book with parts that sounded like this one, too, but your description fits the whole thing as I remember it (but wish I could forget lol).

Don't know about the second, I want to say Counterfeit Lady, but I'm not remembering that last part you mentioned. (I might be, for once, successfully blocking it out, though. I do clearly remember not liking this book, either -- sorry!)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 12:09:37 AM PST
Lillian Rose says:
Thank you thank you, I have a new computer due to the fact that I broke the old one, and I am trying to put all my notes back together, I will probably have more books to find, but once again thanks so much.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 2:57:46 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Yes, the second book is definitely Counterfeit Lady. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 23, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions