Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Historical Interracial Romance

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 5, 2012 9:02:05 PM PDT
I'm looking for historical interracial romance- preferrably with a Black Hero and a White heroine. (BMWW) I've only seen a couple historical IR but they have been with a black heroine and white H. Are they out there? I'm not into paranormal or sci-fi. Thanks in advance :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 6:04:00 PM PDT
The only one I can recall is one of Mary Jo Putney's and is pretty much a historical PNR. The book is A Distant Magic (Guardians (Del Rey)). The h is a Scot and the H is mixed, but his magic favors his African side. I realize this is outside of what you want, but it's the only one I can think of.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 7:10:29 PM PDT
B and W are hard to find. Time travel and amazing Kindred. I know you don't like it but if you have not read it, you should really. Amazing.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 4:13:32 PM PDT
Willread says:
The Duke of Shadows has a hero who everyone shuns because he is part Indian. The heroine is British. This is HR.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 9:40:17 PM PDT
Mary Bellomo says:
Try "The Sleeping Night" by Barbara Samuel. It's a 1940's era romance with a black H/white h, in The South under Jim Crow law. It was absolutely wonderful.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 4:15:48 AM PDT
leticia says:
Hi,

I was looking for almost the same in interracial romances but the H is white and the h is black. Ive been looking for romance novels like this for months and i cant find any. If you guys can please help i would really appericate it!

Thanks!

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 5:37:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2012 5:38:52 AM PDT
Mary Bellomo says:
Have guys ever checked out GoodReads? There is a group dedicated to interracial romance novels. I think historicals of this kind is hard to find.

Leticia, I haven't read this one (but it's on my to read list), but Gold Mountain by Sharin Cullars has a black h/Chinese H in gold rush San Francisco.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 12:50:40 PM PDT
leticia says:
thank you i will check it out!

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 1:47:44 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 20, 2012 1:50:02 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 9:44:12 AM PDT
leticia says:
Hi Mary,

I took your suggestion and read Gold Mountain. I love the book. You can actually see something like this happening in history with the H and h. THank you for the book suggestion!

Now i just have to find out how to put it on my reader. ;o)

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 9:27:07 PM PST
Mary Bellomo says:
Glad you liked it. I was actually surfing GoodReads recently, and this discussion post popped into my mind because I came across this book: The Slave Master's Son, which is a book with a black h/White H where the H is the son of the slave owner who owns the h and her mother. Again, haven't read it, so I have no idea if it is good, but the plot sounds really interesting. And because it's such an unusual find, I instantly thought of this post! LOL. I've added it to my TBR, because historical interracial/intercultural romance is one of my favorite topics.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 9:26:38 AM PST
Lord Rose says:
The Lady Who Broke the Rules (Castonbury Park) by Marguerite Kaye- Has a former slave black hero and white heroine.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 1:53:11 PM PST
MelissaB says:
The only one I can think of is an established side couple (not the main romance but a family the heroine becomes friends with) in The Irish Rose (Heartfire Romance) - it's a western historical, it was a 3.5 star book for me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jul 5, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions