Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Please help: forgotten amnesia book...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 28, 2013 1:54:50 PM PST
Borago says:
May be an older HP. The h has the big A and resentful husband H brings her home from the hospital (I think). Everything the h finds out about herself points to her being a real greedy and nasty piece of work. I remember slutty clothing and tasteless decor being points in case (of course the h has way better taste now that she lost her memory). As far as the rest goes, I know there is a helicopter trip to the top of a mountain (picnic, maybe?) some kind of murder plot targeting the h and in the end it turns out the h is really the missing wife's lookalike cousin and the wife is dead (again, I think). For the husband the turning point of the story was ye old "my God this can't be her, this one is a virgin!" Does this spark a recollection with anyone? ^^

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 2:07:13 PM PST
Robin Wilson says:
I can't help with that one, but a wonderful historical that you might like (if you like historical romance) is Someone To Watch Over Me. It's one of my favorites by Lisa Kleypas.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 2:10:17 PM PST
I'm sorry I can't help with the search, but I had to comment on the "forgotten amnesia" book.

Thanks for the chuckle!

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 2:17:24 PM PST
AlexaG says:
The Devil's Arms by Charlotte Lamb?

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 2:26:46 PM PST
Lord Rose says:
Sounds a bit like Winter's Edge by Anne Stuart, but not completely.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 2:50:32 PM PST
Borago says:
AlexaG: Drat it, the Lamb sounded so close! - but checked it out on Scribd right away and it is not the one. Not the Stuart either, Lord Rose, I got that one in the TBR pile, loooked and it is not it. I remember liking STWOM back when I binge-read Kleypas entire backlog, Robin Wilson - maybe a future re-read!

Just dredged another questionable fact from the grey mists shrouding my mind - the book I (don't) remember may have had some horseback riding in it, possibly the attempt at the h:s life was while out riding... ^^

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 3:28:51 PM PST
T. L. Haddix says:
Maybe a Judith McNaught book? Someone to Watch Over Me? One of her later ones, and I think that's the title.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 3:50:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 3:57:53 PM PST
I was going to say maybe Journey into Love by Jessica Logan (Harlequin Superromance 1982/83) but there's no slutty clothes or tasteless decor that I remember. The H did say, though, that she was a nymphomaniac and he meant it -- said she had a psychological problem.

There *is* some kind of bad stuff going on, maybe a murder plot (I can't remember if the real wife was killed by accident or by someone she was in cahoots with), he *does* bring her home from the hospital thinking she's his wife (she's actually her cousin) and there *is* a helicopter, a mountain and a picnic. They take a helicopter to the mountain top, have a picnic, get "busy" and then, oopsie!, she was a virgin. Once he, um...got in there, so to speak...he knew she was one, but she didn't. She felt brief pain, then her mind was, er, elsewhere. Anyway, his reaction when he realized what that meant was really sweet.

A PIERCING SCREAM WAS ALL SHE REMEMBERED

They told her she was Sally Rossi. Wife of David Rossi--the man mysteriously by her side throughout her recovery from the accident, the man watching her with such hate and rage .... Sally was aghast when she learned why.

She had, apparently, put him through hell. Her infidelity had destroyed their marriage and then she'd kidnapped their twins--the boy was still missing and David was determined to trace him. That's all he wanted from her.

Back home at their California ranch, Sally embarked on a desperate struggle--to regain not only her elusive memory but the love of the husband shed so disastrously wronged ....

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 4:07:35 PM PST
Borago says:
Aaaaand we have a winner! I got it wrong, not slutty/tasteless things, just over the top expensive. Journey into Love is indeed the book I once read. Thank you so much, Rappaccini's Daughter, this has been nagging me for a while! ^^

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 4:16:37 PM PST
LLC says:
Journey into Love I read this one a few years ago and it sounds like the one you're looking for. If anyone is interested it's not available on kindle but is on scribd. http://www.scribd.com/doc/60717688/Harlequin-Jessica-Logan-Journey-Into-Love-Txt

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 6:42:16 PM PST
LTR says:
LLC, is it something you can lend or send me a copy of? I did go to Scribd but it would cost me a bundle to get just this one book. And also, can I change the text of a pdf so it's more readable? Just wondering...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 12:04:45 AM PST
LLC says:
LovesToRead
If you click on my name, go to profile you will find my email address. If you send me your email I will try to send you this book. I say try because for some strange reason my computer isn't letting me add attachments to emails right now. If I can't add attachment I will add this book to my box account and send you the link so you can download. I've already converted it to mobi.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 6:07:45 PM PST
flipoid says:
I would love to read the book as well, LLC.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 6:14:56 PM PST
LTR says:
LLC, thanks! I sent you an email and really appreciate this!

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 8:23:21 AM PST
D. Arnold says:
Thanks for the rec on Journey into Love! Read it and liked it. Glad that the H was not as mean as I was picturing.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 9:54:57 AM PST
I have to admit, I had the same reaction. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 10:18:07 AM PST
Sorry, I was so busy looking for my own amnesia book I forgot about this thread.

You're welcome, Borago. I'm glad it turned out to be the one. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 11:53:17 AM PST
AnekaTX says:
Thanks, LLC.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2013 12:05:29 PM PST
LLC says:
You're welcome. Hope all who wanted to get this got it , cuz i'm removing my email from public to private.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Feb 28, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions