Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Looking for a romance with BOTH Virgin Hero & Virgin Heroine

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 53 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2011 6:51:57 PM PST
Has anyone read a good romance book you can recommend where BOTH the Hero and Heroine are virgins? They don't have to remain virgins the entire novel. *wink wink nudge nudge*

I've read so very few books where the Hero is a virgin, but he is always, ALWAYS!, always paired with an experienced heroine. Historicals are littered with heros "of experience." It's getting a bit old.

I have read some contemporaries and historicals by Ruth Ann Nordin where both hero and heroine are virgins, as she only writes sex between married couples. But that is ALL I've ever found.

Anybody have some good recommendations?

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 6:57:39 PM PST
kotomi says:
Gentle Conquest Both hero and heroine are virgins.

I am actually looking for the same.
All the other ones I've read are of virgin hero and widows/experienced heroine.

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 7:05:12 PM PST
@ Kotomi --Thanks for the recommendation. It sounds promising.

I'm hopeful others will add to this and give us both some things to delve into.

And to all those authors out there trolling the forums...here's an idea for you. =) Include a hero and heroine who are BOTH virgins. Just once. It'd make a nice change and make that moment between the two so different than EVERYTHING out there on the market.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2011 7:37:59 PM PST
DoraLady says:
akb,

which ones have you read?

The Wood Nymph by Mary Balogh
- ask at libraries.

Born in Sin: A MacAllisters Novel by Kinley MacGregor

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 7:41:31 PM PST
Blazing Fire says:
While the hero is not exactly experienced, he's not a virgin either. Sherrilyn Kenyon's "Born of Night". The hero had only had sex twice before and was not an experience of "making love". While one of the women had actually cared about him, she couldn't show him love. The other woman only wanted to know what it was like to sleep with a man like him. So when the heroine, who is a virgin, and the hero get together, it's almost like two virgins being together for the first time.

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 7:53:08 PM PST
Nancy Lee says:
Libby's London Merchant (Signet Regency Romance) - Regency
The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker - Victorian paranormal

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 10:34:44 AM PST
The Naked Duke by Sally MacKenzie. Light reading.

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 10:54:11 AM PST
The few that I've read by Ruth Ann Nordin that I mentioned in my initial post are:

Eye of the Beholder --Sweet story about a mail order bride who is slighted as soon as she steps off the train because she's "not beautiful." But another man thinks she is quite beautiful and decides today would be a great day to get married.

The Cold Wife (Virginia Brides (Book 2))--A young woman thinks she's in love with someone but is forced to marry another. She's not happy about it and doesn't give in for a long while.

An Inconvenient Marriage (Virginia Brides)--recognizable storyline where a man must marry to inherit, so he proposes to a lady he knows needs the money to save her family's farm. They remain married for 6 months and she gets to keep half of the inheritance. This story was saved by the heroine's crazy/funny family, the funny heroine, and the townsfolk who took it upon themselves to show the hero what good fortune he had.

With This Ring, I Thee Dread--Contemporary story and not very well written, IMO. Hero and Heroine have been enemies since forever, but their parents are best friends. Parents are convinced that they are made for each other so they cook up a scheme where they blackmail the two to get married and must spend 4 months in a secluded cabin in Alaska before they can get out of it. There was a lot of good moments and development, it just wasn't written all that well. I don't think she understands or knows how to use subtlety. Everything is RIGHT IN YOUR FACE.

Meant To Be--Time Travel story, which I'm not usually fond of. Two strangers are on a train and inexplicably end up in 1800's. Because she's wearing shorts and a tank top, she is mistaken as a whore, but the hero defends and protects her, so then the town thinks that they have been engaging in intimacies and marries them despite their protests.

Falling In Love With Her Husband--My favorite of Ms. Nordin's stories. Childhood acquaintances, as their parents are best friends, hero has loved heroine forever but heroine doesn't notice. As they approach adulthood, heroine falls in love with another. This other toys with her then becomes engaged to someone else. Heroine decides to run off with hero, as the hero had just finally declared his feelings for her and his intentions of leaving the east coast to become a rancher out west. Hero didn't intend for her to come along, he just knew he had to tell her and get it out there. Heroine thinks that she can't trust her own thoughts and feelings but trust in her parents as her parents really REALLY wanted her to marry the hero, so she decides if hero is sneaking off tonight that she better go with him if she's going to trust her parents. They are wed and travel west. Hero won't consummate the relationship until she's ready.

I'm not a major Ruth Ann Nordin fan, but I've read a lot of her stories. I wouldn't rate any of them 5 stars, mostly 3 stars.

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 11:02:09 AM PST
The Sweet Gum Tree - They lose their virginity to each other.

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 11:12:09 AM PST
JennyG. says:
Found on another site:

Mary Balogh: Gentle Conquest
Liz Carlyle: Two Little Lies
Laura Kinsale: Lessons In French
Barbara Metzger: Snowdrops And Scandalbroth
Eloisa James: When the Duke Returns
Jodi Thomas: Texas Wager
Pamela Morsi: The Love Charm
Connie Brockway: My Dearest Enemy
Eloisa James: Your Wicked Wicked Ways (earlier when married)
Sherry Thomas: Private Arrangements (in earlier time line when married)
Mary Jo Putney: Shattered Rose (Medieval, in flashbacks when married), Silk & Secrets (earlier when married)
The Outlaw and the Lady by Lorraine Heath
The Shadow and the Star, Laura Kinsale
Forever in Texas Jodi Thomas -pretty sure both are virgins

And you'll find even more here:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/TxPECCHUX3DHQQ

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 11:22:06 AM PST
@ JennyG --Thanks for the list and the link. I hadn't seen that discussion or else I wouldn't have started this one. *grin*

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2011 11:53:43 AM PST
JennyG. says:
You are welcome. I'll post more if I come across them.

Happy reading. :)

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 3:15:58 PM PST
Adnana says:
Touched by Fire by Kathleen O'Reilly

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 3:36:31 PM PST
Kate Barley says:
Dreams of the Heart (Siren Publishing Classic) by Moira Hanson.

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 4:15:32 PM PST
Texas Princess (Whispering Mts) - both the H and h are virgins.

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 4:36:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2013 12:52:29 PM PST
aurore75 says:
When the Duke Returns by Eloisa James.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 12:27:59 PM PST
Lulu123 says:
Lord of the Abyss (Harlequin Nocturne) by Nalini Singh

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 3:47:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 5, 2012 3:48:38 PM PDT
RomReader says:
Adding:
Lacy by Diana Palmer

Both the main H & h (there were 3 other couples in the book) had a bad 1st sexual experience together b/c H didn't divulge that he's never been with anyone else either & didn't know how to make h's 1st experience less uncomfortable. 8 months later, he confessed & things went better for them.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 3:58:38 PM PDT
V says:
Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 6) by JR Ward. Paranormal.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 11:08:46 AM PDT
Meg says:
@Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 6) by JR Ward

Didn't he lose his virginity to some random floozy in a club bathroom? I am almost 100% sure on that, let's go with 99%.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 9:37:59 PM PDT
If I Fall by Kate Noble

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 5:42:49 PM PDT
RomReader says:
Adding:

The Danger of Desire by Elizabeth Essex --historical with 20-something pickpocket h & 28yo sea captain H.

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 6:35:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2012 6:36:56 PM PDT
Lord Rose says:
Midnight Marriage: A Georgian Historical Romance (Roxton Series) by Lucinda Brant- H is technically a virgin, because he refused to ever have illegitimate children, but he is a self-professed expert in foreplay. (It was closed door, though. But it's free!)

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 9:11:24 AM PDT
Talltree says:
Waking Up by Amanda Carpenter

Something was happening to their friendship ...

Robbie Fisher had always been a couple of years and a few changes behind her neighbor, Jason Morrow. Still, he'd lent an ear to all her dreams and troubles right up to the time he'd left for university.

Now he was back in Cincinnati, looking after his parents' home for the summer. But Robbie no longer felt comfortable confiding in him. He was the man with the golden future, while hers was still in question.

What could he be to her now? Stranger, big brother, friend or something disturbingly new? It was a dilemma Robbie could discuss with no one--Jason least of all!

very sweet and touching HP.I'd give it 5 stars. This is available free on Scribd.
FYI this is the same author writing as Thea Harrison now.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:59:15 PM PST
D. Arnold says:
Not the H but secondary character throughout books! Just had to say something about Lady's Wager which I read last night. Had to be the funniest virgin male I have ever read about:

Spoiler***************

Wulf is the scientific friend of H in first and second book. Will read third tomorrow. He is a very massive male and not very socially adept. He fell in love with Bella at first sight and was engaged to her within a week of meeting. They have been engaged for 8 years. He keeps forgetting to get married. She is in love as well and very devoted to him. In this book, she sees him walking through the park one day with his mistress. I have not liked him at this point for having one in the books and not as devoted to Bella. After the explanation of the mistress, I just cracked up laughing. He saved mistress from being attacked when she got off the boat from France. After she follows him home, Hs tell him he ought to set her up in her own house and keep her. He, just out of Oxford and richer than anyone can guess, immediately goes out and rents her a place and pays her an allowance. One day she, doesn't speak English, goes to one of the Hs and tell him he hasn't been back since setting her up and she feels he doesn't want her. H tells him that he should really go and see her and make sure she is fine. He does and they see each other over what seems like 10 years. Bella left him after seeing him with his mistress in the park. Not a cool thing at that time to flaunt mistress in park with the nobles and humiliating your fiancee that you are so in love with. She will have nothing to do with him and his apologies. She finds out from her friends (Hs's wife and girlfriend) that he is still a virgin!! He has never kissed Bella in all that time and he is afraid of the wedding night!! He didn't know what to do with a mistress! He was just taking care of her like a sister! When this all came out, I revised my thoughts about him. I love that Mary Spencer put secondary characters in these books that had wonderful stories as well as the H/h. Just loved the virgin story with this man. Hs said that in college when they would go to visit 'ladies', he would sit downstairs and work on his scientific studies. Never interested in women until he met Bella.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  53
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2011
Latest post:  May 26, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 20 customers

Search Customer Discussions