Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

The H is all that stands between "them" and her

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 4, 2013 8:22:42 PM PST
Kim C says:
Just finished both Flesh and Skin and really enjoyed the idea of the H being the only thing standing between "the bad guy/thing" and the h.

Can anyone recommend any others? It doesn't have to be a zombie theme, just something along the same premise.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 1:35:36 PM PST
A. Cole says:
Maya Banks KGI series. The heroines are all very strong, but they just can't do it by themselves so they men have to help. The reading order is:
The Darkest Hour: Kelly Group International, Book 1
No Place to Run: A KGI Novel, Book 2
Hidden Away
Whispers in the Dark: A KGI Novel, Book 4 (Has paranormal slant)
Echoes at Dawn (Again, paranormal slant)
Shades of Gray: A KGI Novel ( Not as strong IMO)

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 3:42:13 PM PST
Midnight Man. Or anything by Lisa Marie Rice, really. The books all involve a big brawny special ops type guy and a beautiful vulnerable h who is in danger from some shadowy super villain, but they are well written and push all my buttons so I have been gobbling them up lately!

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 8:32:18 PM PST
Hold by Zannie is an excellent read and fits your recommendation. The h is dropped off in an other world planet prison and told to hook up with a guy for protection. Instead of the big macho meathead, she goes for the silent, deadly man and he really does stand between her and the rest of the prison colony.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 8:42:16 PM PST
oh and Surviving Passion (The Shattered World, Book 1) and Surviving Seduction (The Shattered World, Book 2) by Maia Underwood. It's set post-apocalypse and the H finds the h shacked up in the middle of some vagrants area and puts it upon himself to save her against her wishes.The first book is probably more your liking because he really is between her and the guys after her and the second is more stationary and relationship based.

And thanks for mentioning Flesh, I just read it and loved it. On to Skin now.

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 7:11:08 PM PDT
bump

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 10:25:52 PM PDT
Magelet says:
Julie Miller does very good Harlequin Intrigues where the hero is sometimes the only one who originally believes the heroine is in trouble and takes her back. Like "Beauty and the Badge", "Takedown", "Police Business". Also Jennifer Greene has a romantic suspense trilogy: "Secretive Stranger/Mesmerising Stranger/Irresistible Stranger". In the second, the heroine is employed as the chef on a private yacht where a body turns up and the H is the only one she can trust. In the third, everyone in the town is suspicious of the h, whose parents died in a fire when she was a child and who is suspected of starting the fires that start when she comes back to town, and H is the only one to whole-heartedly befriend her and help her figure things out.

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 10:15:52 AM PDT
lep says:
Are there any other contemporary ones that don't take place in another world or another time (when the world ends)?

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 1:45:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 24, 2013 11:21:06 AM PDT
Anne in VA says:
@Kim C
This is too funny. I started a post that was somewhat similar a few weeks ago after reading Hold by Zannie Adams and Eden (sensual romance) by Louise Wise. I really liked both of those books and they are exactly what you're asking for.

I've never heard of Flesh and Skin. You didn't say if you liked the books. Are they worth the price? Did you love those books?

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 12:21:06 AM PDT
When You Dare (Edge of Honor) by Lori Foster. H rescues h from captivity in Tijuana, then keeps her with him and keeps her safe while they try to unravel the mystery of who had her kidnapped and why. Dare, the H, is VERY protective of the h.

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 11:31:58 AM PDT
Anne in VA says:
I just read the sample of Skin by Kylie Scott. Does anybody by chance have this to lend?

anne_in_Va123@yahoo.com

Posted on Jun 13, 2015 9:41:53 AM PDT
Anne in VA says:
Bump
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Mar 4, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 13, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions