Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Who's the Ultimate Alpha Male

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 215 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 27, 2010 3:38:26 AM PST
Who do you all think is the Top Dog? The #1 Alpha male? The one that growls/kicks ass when someone touches his woman? I'm having trouble with this one. (Maybe one of the Breeds or the Black Dagger Brotherhood?)

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 6:55:51 AM PST
L. Cialini says:
Roarke, from the In Death series.

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 6:57:58 AM PST
MBAButterfly says:
I think it should be Lachlan from A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, Book 1) Ohh La La...

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 7:25:57 AM PST
I think it's Wolf Mackenzie in Linda Howard's Mackenzies Series. His sons, Joe, Zane and Chance, who have their own stories, are equally as Alpha.

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 8:46:09 AM PST
Out of the Breed series, I'd pick either Callan (who kills his brother to protect his mate) or Mercury (who calls to the lions to protect his mate until he can get to her).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2010 8:59:33 AM PST
AnekaTX says:
There are many good candidates out there, but if I HAD to pick one, it would be Liam O'Neill from The Game by Brenda Joyce:)

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 9:28:10 AM PST
Going back a long way, Nora Roberts's Daniel Macgregor, the patriarch of the clan, would be a strong contender.

Also second to Wolf Mackenzie.

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 11:41:39 AM PST
Rourke...although Drustan and Daegus from KMM Highlander series are ranked up there as well

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 1:25:16 PM PST
B says:
Abe Reagan, from Karen Rose's I'm Watching You! He's just the most amazing hero! <3

or maybe Zach Angelino, from Roxanne St. Claire's Edge of Sight. I really love him! <3

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 2:53:12 PM PST
Oooh, MBA. I forgot about Kresley Cole's IAD. Like the vamps but the lycans are badass (and hot). Her historical series If You Dare, If you Deceive, If you Desire are all great, too. I've read some (agree with Roarke and Callen/Mercury) but I'll definitely add the others to my TBR file.

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 3:50:34 PM PST
Richard from Linda Howard's Now you See Her...or John Medina from All the Queen's Men...

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 3:57:44 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 19, 2011 10:44:14 AM PDT]

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 4:07:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2010 4:10:25 PM PST
Honeywell says:
Kresley Cole has the best alphas! They're super protective and adoring without being wimps. Another vote from me for all of her lycans and demons in general and Lachlain MacRieve from A Hunger Like No Other, and Bowen MacRieve from Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night in particular.

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 4:25:11 PM PST
Me says:
From the Breeds series I would definitely say Mercury and Dash- rawr

I love Cade Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, Book 5) and Lachlain A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, Book 1).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2010 5:04:27 PM PST
N. Kelly says:
OOH! Hillary S Wade, it's so rare that I come across someone who loves Richard Worth as much as I do. He seems to be one of her more looked over characters! So glad you mentioned him.

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 6:01:16 PM PST
I wish to vote for & keep for myself: Brodick from Ransom (J Garwood), Drake from Dangerous Passion (LM Rice), & Issac from Crave (JR Ward). Thank you for allowing me to make this public & permanent! Hands off, please!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2010 9:37:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2011 2:56:34 AM PDT
Wrath on the BDB of course. Tied with Wrath is Ash (Archeron) in the Sherrilyn Kenyon Dark Hunter series. If these 2 characters were not so outstanding, it almost ruins other books for me. I do try to make the current hero of whatever book I am reading my favorite-otherwise I'd quit reading

Curiously, after glutting myself on vamps and weres-all alphas of course, I was led to reading books on black ops....believe me Navy Seals are Alphas and bite just as much as vamps or weres!!

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 9:40:24 PM PST
Shani B says:
JR Ward: Zadist I love him! He's so scarred and strong oooo

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 10:40:42 PM PST
M. Hubach says:
John Huntington from Midnight Man by Lisa Marie Rice and Eben from North Wolf by M. A Everaux. Oh my..

Posted on Nov 28, 2010 6:16:02 AM PST
I also love the Lords of the Underworld and am patiently waiting for Torin's story. After all as he says ... He's pretty awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2010 3:32:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2010 3:32:57 PM PST
Honeywell says:
N. Kelly & Hillary S. Wade, thanks for reminding me about Linda Howard's Now You See Her. I haven't read this book since it was first published but I went back and re-read it today.

Richard Worth is a great hero! I probably liked the book more today than when I first read it twelve years ago--and the mention of Y2K was a nice blast from the past that made me laugh.

Posted on Nov 28, 2010 3:39:56 PM PST
I'm with you M.Hubach, Eben from North Wolf is one extreme alpha. I loved him! lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2010 5:39:53 PM PST
auntie sherry--I forgot Wrath, what was I thinking?, so I will graciously allow you to have him--for now. Have a rec for you. Half way through Shoot to Thrill by Nina Bruhns & although Kick is Army instead of Navy, the black ops unit is alive & well in this book. I think you would enjoy it esp the relationship between the alpha hero & the heretofore timid ER nurse.

Posted on Nov 28, 2010 6:08:01 PM PST
D. A. Verno says:
I cant pick just one...Zsadist (BDB), Jamie (Outlander), Any of the McCloud brothers (Shannon McKenna)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2010 7:07:18 PM PST
Ms Catheryne..

I have noted your "rec". Not to worry Army is great too!!

Nathan in Wild Card by Lora Leigh is an unbelievable alpha character-yet not a vamp or a were
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
105 Jun 10, 2014
heroine resembles the other woman in looks and that is why hero marries her 1 46 seconds ago
Loan Me Thread V. 6 3034 2 minutes ago
She is fragile and he is huge and intimidating! 63 3 minutes ago
ISO: Childhood friends - Reunited - Contemporary Romance 49 5 minutes ago
Free Today Second Edition 2895 6 minutes ago
h knocking on Death's door... 5 15 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 4 7988 19 minutes ago
New SEP release today - Heroes Are My Weakness 3 35 minutes ago
Silhouette Desire - To quote "Touch And Go" - Lets go straight to No.1 1085 36 minutes ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 1428 37 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #3 1603 45 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  125
Total posts:  215
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 54 customers

Search Customer Discussions