Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Weekend Reading - 21-23 Dec

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 21, 2012 5:35:35 AM PST
ok, so its nearly Christmas - but I thought I would throw up a thread anyways - even if everyone is probably too busy wrapping presents and dealing with family to read much!

If on the off-chance I get to do some reading, I have Proof by Seduction (Courtney Milan) and Call Me Princess (Sara Blaedel) in progress.

On the ipod, I have The Ruby Ring (Diane Haegar) to listen to and review - historical fiction/romance

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:46:21 AM PST
read4fun says:
I am more than half way through Losing It and I would like to read Samantha and the Cowboy (Avon True Romance for Teens), The Tyrant (Golden Chronicles, Book 3) or A Loyal Companion next.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:52:15 AM PST
CMommy says:
Reading Bad Rep and still trying to make it through Avoiding Commitment (Avoiding Series).

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 7:00:16 AM PST
I am reading my first Jill Shalvis book... Instant Attraction (The Wilders). Looking forward to it, since I've heard great things about this author.

I'm off for a girl's weekend w/ my 10-year daughter, her best friend, and her friend's mum. Going up to Vermont, where the girls are taking a gingerbread-baking class at King Arthur Flour! Hope everyone has a nice weekend---

NRB/Penny

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:34:57 AM PST
I haven't read that one Penny - but I liked her Animal Magnetism series

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 7:35:16 AM PST
L. Burns says:
It's Friday again already? In a way it feels like time is standing still here (I live in Connecticut). In fact, I'm still reading the same book I was last Friday! I was determined to read nothing but the Christmas-themed books that I'd been stockpiling all year, but I think maybe I need to put that aside. I just picked up Pam Morsi's Simple Jess for $0.99 (bargain!!!) so maybe I'll start that one.

@NR - It's possible that I could put on 5lbs by just going to a gingerbread-baking class, lol. Have a nice time in Vermont. Is there snow where you're going?

Everyone - have a lovely weekend! Try not to wrap until you drop. (Weird, but the smell of Scotch tape always reminds me of Christmas!)

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:47:50 AM PST
Noelle says:
Well my vacation officially starts today and I will be off until the 2nd.........boy does that feel good! lol Anyway my plans for today are to wrap all of the presents currently taking up valuable space in my closet. I have had all of my shopping done for about a month now but haven't wrapped a darn thing. =/ I will have to have some wine while I wrap to make it all better. =)

As for reading, I am in between books right now and trying out some samples. In the running is To the Ends of the Earth or one of the many westerns that I downloaded yesterday.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:50:49 AM PST
Reading my first Jill Shalvis too, but starting w/Simply Irresistible. Just got Simple Jess from pbs.com so maybe I'll read that, although I have a pile of library books to get through. However, when I get home tonight I'm off work until WE, kids are going away w/their dad tomorrow, and I don't celebrate Christmas - so 4 days, all alone, w/nothing to do but read!

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 9:51:05 AM PST
tealadytoo says:
Happy Holidays, All!

Finishing Carla Kelly's The Lady's Companion today. Great book.
Starting Winter Garden by Adele Ashworth. Really looking forward to that.
For the mystery, CHINA TRADE (Lydia Chin and Bill Smith) by SJ Rozan, and the current dtb is a re-read of JAK's Midnight Jewels.

And still working on the very amusing Vanity Fair.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 11:54:53 AM PST
Winter Garden Is one of my very favorites. Soooooo good!!!

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 1:16:57 PM PST
Santa must have known how icky my day was turning into - I came home to a package from HarperCollins with the new James Rollins book - I had requested a digital ARC and got turned down - I guess they decided to give me paper instead

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:59:09 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
That's so cool!

I haven't finished Daughter of Smoke and Bone yet (about page 280 or so). Because it's a real book, it's difficult to focus for some reason, and impossible to read at night (lighting in the house). I do like it, but I'm too distracted by all of the Xmas stuff going on, and need simpler reads until the holidays have passed, I think.

I've been rereading the In Death books, and then some other lighter books that I enjoyed in the past few years.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 4:05:48 PM PST
Samantha says:
This was a horrible work week. It ended good with some fun holiday parties though. I didn't get much reading but I plan to kick back this weekend since I got all my shopping and wrapping done. I'll start with Seduction and Snacks and Must Love Mistletoe

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:40:24 PM PST
neon moon says:
i just finished re-reading One Time I Saw Morning Come Home by clair huffaker. it's SUCH a good book; i don't understand why it isn't more well known and more popular. the love between clair and orlean is amazing. anyway.
i'm reading Brides of Prairie Gold by maggie osborne. i'm liking it so far. i don't know how much reading i'll get done, since i'm really busy working (all by myself!!), but things should slow down a little bit tomorrow. hopefully i will be able to read The Steerswoman's Road by rosemary kiersten and The Raider's Bride by kimberly cates and Hunter's Bride by jessica wulf and Warprize (CHRONICLES OF THE WARLANDS).

happy holidays to everyone, whether you're enjoying family or working.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 5:45:10 PM PST
Samantha says:
I finished Seduction and Snacks which I didn't find as funny as most people did. There was several things that annoyed me. It was an ok read. I also finished an ARC Black Fallen: The Dark Ink Chronicles which was good but the author kept getting sidetracked.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 6:54:51 PM PST
MelissaB says:
Trying to read The Italian by Lisa Marie Rice

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 9:08:47 PM PST
Noelle says:
MelissaB, are you "trying" to read it and can't because of how busy this time of year is or it the book not very good?? I've downloaded a sample but haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

I hope your Holidays are wonderful, a first for your little boy. =) I know are tree is stuffed with all kinds of things for Memphis, I couldn't help myself. =)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 7:32:31 AM PST
MelissaB says:
Noelle,

Have a great first Christmas with Memphis! How is he doing? Jeffrey is almost 9 months so he doesn't really know what's going on but he is still getting lots of toys!

I just had no time to read yesterday! I am about 40% in and the jury is still out. It's okay but not great so far.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 7:50:29 AM PST
finished up To Wed a Wild Lord (The Hellions of Halstead Hall) - I was a doofus and requested book 6 in the series to review without reading the previous 5 - so now I am trying to get them read...lol!

about half-way through Sugar Creek but i'm being a bum right now and reading after a craptastick day yesterday

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 8:05:26 AM PST
Tara says:
I'm halfway through Seduced by the Highlander by Julieanne Maclean. I'm really enjoying it so far.
Still need to get my Christmas baking done lol.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 9:11:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012 9:13:22 AM PST
neon moon says:
finished Brides of Prairie Gold. i really enjoyed it. there were multiple pov and a crazy person and it all came together nicely. i read The Raider's Bride and i just couldn't get into it. the writing just seemed too ornate. (i know that's not a word used to describe writing, usually, but it fits.) reading Hunter's Bride right now and REALLY enjoying it. i know i'm enjoying a book when i don't look at the page numbers, and when i do, i say "wow! i'm 50 pages in already?? i've only been reading for 5 minutes." i already own the other books in the trilogy, and added everything else that amazon has available to my dtb wish list.
the evening meal is all prepped, the soup is on the stove and i don't have to do any baking today, so i just have to do my dishes and clean a room, and everything else is reading time until i have to get dinner ready for the guys. i definitely deserve it after the last couple of days, though.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 9:31:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012 9:32:10 AM PST
I just finished a very cute, funny, short holiday romance, Ho, Humbug, Ho (A Richmond Rogues Novel) by Kate Angell. It's part of her Richmond Rogues series but it would be fine as a stand alone. It has a sexy, grumpy, grinchy baseball player who is sentenced to community service as a santa in a small town.

Next I'm going to read the 4th book in Jill Shalvis's Lucky Harbor Series, Lucky in Love (A Lucky Harbor Novel). Then something else. I love long holiday weekends. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 9:44:20 AM PST
tealadytoo says:
I figure when I go into baking mode, I'll just switch to audiobooks. Works great except when I have the beater running.
:=)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 10:55:13 AM PST
Tara says:
I do that while gardening lol. Try it for baking too...thanks!

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 12:36:34 PM PST
Samantha says:
Read Must Love Mistletoe. It was cute. I'm reading Lying in Bed (Harlequin Blaze) while I go through my TBR to find another good holiday read.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
105 Jun 10, 2014
Silhouette Desire - To quote "Touch And Go" - Lets go straight to No.1 1153 29 seconds ago
wanted: kindle romance bargains ($3.99 or less) by established authors that are good (no self-promos or ya/na) 516 1 minute ago
HP discussion. Good bad and inbetween. 8019 3 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 82 4 minutes ago
Outlander 137 8 minutes ago
Enuf is enuf: Tired of basic grammatical errors. 1677 12 minutes ago
Kindle Unlimited - Romance Novel Recommendations 64 14 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 4 8576 17 minutes ago
Free Today Second Edition 3183 18 minutes ago
Best Jealous Scene Ever 154 23 minutes ago
Biker Romance Part 2 900 53 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions