Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Help on book title please:)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2012 4:52:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 8:24:56 PM PST
SummerQueen says:
I've been trying to recall the title and author of this book I read awhile back. It's about a widow H who sent a letter to h's father requesting for the hand of h's sister. However, the h's father sent for h instead. The h had a crush on H when she was younger so she was thrilled to learn that he asked for her. When she got to the H's home, the H informed her that it was her sister he wanted. So they had to wait for h's sister to arrive and in the course of h's stay with H's family he fell in love with her. So when the sister finally arrived, H was in a dilemma as he came to love the h. Of course there was a HEA:)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 5:15:21 PM PST
Don't know but I want to read it!!!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 5:41:21 PM PST
T. Smith says:
I read something like this once, but can't remember who wrote it. I can't remember if the H was a widow. The h was sent to him instead of the sister because the sister feel in love with the cousin (I think cousin or some close relative) that was sent to marry her by proxy. And they ended up married and the cousin married the h to the H by proxy instead. The h had a crush on the H for a long time and the father sort of knew it so he was hopeful it would all work out. There is some sort of money involved that the father needed. The H comes home after doing some spy type job and finds the h in his bed, already married to him and he is none too happy. Does that sound right?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 5:44:26 PM PST
TeenyB says:
T.Smith that's sherbrooks bride by Catherine coulter same one that came to my mind its very similar

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 5:53:53 PM PST
Adam's Promise This books has that plot line.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 6:26:03 PM PST
bump

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:03:51 PM PST
Adam's Promise was the first thing that came to mind too.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 8:23:50 PM PST
SummerQueen says:
And you're right Loren Shirey, it was Adam's Promise! Really nice book. Thanks so much!
Thanks everyone for taking the time to help me out:)

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 12:34:35 AM PST
read4fun says:
If you like this plot I read a similar one His Lordship's Swan (Zebra Regency Romance) and it was pretty good!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 11:34:03 PM PST
SummerQueen says:
Thanks for the reco! Will check it out:)

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 12:26:54 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 1, 2012 12:28:30 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions