Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Looking for a title and author of book from 1970's or 1980's.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2012 7:49:52 AM PST
spbarg says:
I think the book was a catagory romance. In it the hero is about to marry the heroine when he received photos that show her in bed with another man. They are doctored but he does not believe her that she is innocent and throws her out of his life. She then ends up somewhere as a stained glass artist, but I don't remember where. Any help finding this book would be appreciated.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 4:42:39 PM PST
LLC says:
I hope some one remembers this one. I know I've read it but don't remember title/author. Remember that the H finds out that the pictures were false when his brother confesses on his death bed that he'd falsified the pictures to make points with their father, who didn't want the H to marry the h.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 5:35:38 PM PST
Reader in NJ says:
It sounds a lot like an HP by Emma Darcy: The Italian's Stolen Bride (Harlequin Presents # 2469). But that book was published in 2005 so maybe you are thinking of another title.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 5:43:06 PM PST
LLC says:
That is probably the one I was thinking about but probably not the one the OP had in mind. In The Italian's Stolen Bride wasn't she a massage therapist? So I'm probably totally onto the wrong book.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 6:10:33 PM PST
Reader in NJ says:
LLC, yes it is the book you are thinking about -- she is a massage therapist.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 6:35:51 PM PST
LLC says:
Thanks Reader. I may have to dig this one out for a reread.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 12:38:02 AM PST
spbarg says:
LLC,

Thanks for adding more to the story line then I remembered. I hope someone recalls the title of this book. Any more you can remember may help me track it down. Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 12:50:34 AM PST
LLC says:
spbarg
I think the one I elaborated on is not the one you were looking for. As Reader said this book was written in 2005 and the h was a massage therapist.
I'm pretty sure that at some time I have read one where the h is a stained glass artist. Unfortunately I can't think of title/author :>(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 1:42:36 AM PST
JennyG. says:
I think that might be a Jacqueline Baird book. If I remember correctly she had a heroine who was a stained glass artist.

I am not at home so I cannot check. I'll check as soon as I can.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 10:43:01 AM PST
spbarg says:
LLC

Thanks for trying to help, I really appreciate it.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 10:45:00 AM PST
spbarg says:
JennyG,

I would really appreciate it if when you get home, you can look that up for me. Thanks so much. I have never forgotten that book and would love to read it again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 11:14:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 24, 2012 11:17:21 AM PST
JennyG. says:
I took a look at my books and the only one I can come up with is

A Woman Without Lies by Elizabeth Lowell first published in 1985. Heroine is a stained glass artist.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 1:22:44 PM PST
Amber says:
I'm sure this isn't the book you're looking for but in Lifetime Affair by Pat Parrish the heroine does stain glass work in her spare time. I can't remember what she did at the company she worked for, but the hero is apparently sent to the company to find out who is responsible for selling inside information. Her brother works for a rival company and she happens to mail him something and gets fired for giving him information.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:17:48 AM PST
spbarg says:
JennyG,

Thanks for the info, while this is one of the books I remember reading many years ago, it is not the one I was looking for. I really appreciate your effort on my behalf. Merry Christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:24:16 AM PST
spbarg says:
A. Clark,

Thanks for your information, but it is not the right book. I really appreciate your help. Merry Christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:40:02 AM PST
spbarg says:
Reader in NJ,
Bingo I think you have found it. I am going to buy it and I will let you know if it is the right one. It sure sounds like it. For some reason I thought the book was a lot older then 2005, but again I read so many that it is hard to remember. Thank you so much for your help.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 9:53:17 AM PST
spbarg says:
Thank you everybody. It was Emma Darcy's The Italian's Stolen Bride. She was a massage therapist. I mixed this up with Elizabeth Lowell's A Woman Without Lies. It is amazing that you all were able to come up with information on this. This is now solved.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 3:57:28 PM PST
JennyG. says:
I am glad you found your book! :)

Happy reading.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 5:03:29 PM PST
Reader in NJ says:
spbarg, I am glad that you found the book. I know how frustrating it is to have some details about a book but not being able to find the title. It is easy to mix up some pieces -- I've done that many times myself.

Merry Christmas!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions