Customer Discussions > Romance forum

looking for book title (vampire fantasy)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 28, 2013 7:31:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 7:41:09 PM PST
booklover says:
looking for this book title. I only remember a little of this. the H is taking or picking up his daughter from school (grade school i think). He meets her friend and is attracted to her. I can't remember how old she is, but he is very old (centuries I think). That's all i can think of. thanks everyone. I will also post on paranormal romance thread. thanks all

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 7:35:50 PM PST
KS TBRQueen says:
try posting on the paranormal romance thread.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 7:37:59 PM PST
booklover says:
I will do that. thanks.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 10:42:01 PM PST
Lord Rose says:
Sounds like it could be Kissing Midnight (Fitz Clare Chronicles) by Emma Holly.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:16:00 PM PST
booklover says:
Yes, that is the book. Have u read it? Is it good?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:49:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 11:59:12 PM PST
Lord Rose says:
I don't actually remember liking it that much, but I think that may be more because of Emma Holly's writing style than the book itself. I do remember it seeming a bit disjointed, though, and the whole vampire/werewolf/thing (whatever he was) falling in love with his daughter's school friend was rather creepy. (And the ending was unsatisfying, since it's part of a series, but I wasn't interested enough to read the rest of the books.)

Oh, and also, the sex was kind of weird (and there was a lot of it), as it involved magical evaporating non-semen that unwrinkles sheets. I did like the setting, but that was about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 1:49:57 AM PST
booklover says:
oh okay lol. I can get it from the library but didn't know if it was a waste of my time. did it have a hea? or was it gloomy and dark? not sure if i'm up to a series of these books. thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 3:11:10 AM PST
Lord Rose says:
I don't think it was particularly gloomy and dark, but it certainly didn't end with an HEA, since the hero was kidnapped by the villains at the end, to be resolved in the next book, I guess. I can't say I really recommend it, even from the library.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 5:32:20 PM PST
booklover says:
okay, thanks for your help. not sure I'll bother with it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Feb 28, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions