Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Fan Fic Fight Club - Season Two

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 5:03:25 PM PST
Miss says:
read - Nothing to be sorry for about I rarley make it over there myself.

Jace is a wonderful name! I have a 14 year old nephew with that name.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 5:07:24 PM PST
bklvr says:
Carrie: lol! I'm distracted by lots of things, mostly my own brain. It's not you, it's me. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 5:10:12 PM PST
bklvr says:
Beeg: Clary has...issues with her bump. You're not caught up yet, right? You'll see what I mean in the newest chapter(s). She's having a rough go with what this is doing to her body.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 5:11:46 PM PST
bklvr says:
Merc: YAY FOR JACE! Maybe you were telepathically sending it to him? ;) Love it regardless!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 5:13:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2013 5:16:22 PM PST
Mercered says:
Nico: I still look like I could be a member of the hobbits...lol. Last reading was 150/90 which was yesterday. My nurses were awesome! In fact, it was the nurse who delivered Jace. I won't even tell you where the doctor was......but when I was in labor, the nurse and I was talking about an episode of baby story where the nurse told the lady not to push bc they were waiting for the dr...lol. We discussed it and I told her that if the doctor wasn't here I don't know how good I'd be at crossing my legs and not pushing. The doctor wasn't there and next thing you know, Jace was coming out. Dr came in fussing at the nurse about missing the birth. I told him, the baby was coming. I even skipped two contractions but once he crowned, it was all about the gravity. I'm pretty mouthy, but I was pretty close to saying something until I noticed that he was sewing me up. I figured there's a time a time and a place, this wasn't the time.
edited to add:

bklvr: I've got to figure out how to do this more often....the Jedi mind trick :D
Miss: I like it too...I tried to stay short for first name with the kids. The middle names...oY...anything goes. lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 5:15:30 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Bk-
Yeah, I should've said: something new into which she can fit comfortably, not something that actually emphasizes her bump. Just want her to be comfy cos I know although she's starting to feel the connection to the baby, she not yet ok with showing the bump. Poor Jace....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 5:23:35 PM PST
bklvr says:
Merc: this would be a good thing for all women.

Beeg: yeah, she's not. She kind of wavers between that attachment and feeling really reluctant to accept what's happened. I think for someone as young as her and with all the other things happening, her "mood swings" are pretty realistic. Why poor Jace?

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 5:26:46 PM PST
curlygirl04 says:
Whoa...I stepped away from the laptop for a couple of hours and I missed out on the big rollover!! I really have to step it up to keep up with you all.
Read- your opening was great and I really like the name, esp. "Season Two"
Merc- congratulations to you and your family on your beautiful baby boy.
I'm off to read the list Miss posted, good God, I've got a lot of catchin' up to do :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 5:27:53 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Poor Jace, cos:
"I love you," he said, his hand slipping to the space where her neck met her shoulder, and he could feel her pulse thrumming against his palm. It was fast and strong and all for him. It was like music, like breath. And he needed it, needed her so damn much he could feel it in every tense inch of his body. "I need you so much."

***I'm crying like a baby***

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 5:30:28 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
@curlygirl: I know! It all happened so quickly.

@Beeg: I'm smiling at how much you're loving 9Cs.

@bklvr: you've got another fan for life.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 5:35:12 PM PST
bklvr says:
Beeg: I'm a sucky author. I can't even remember which scene that is. LOL!

Read: yay!

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 5:38:27 PM PST
I really want to read this but I don't do WIPs (no patience) so write faster! :))

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 5:41:30 PM PST
Jolyn Tinker says:
Yay part 2!!! They won't delete part one right? Ammy, I mean

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 5:42:06 PM PST
bklvr says:
Smut: I can't! Lol! There's too much going on and I have to be in the right emotional mood to write this stuff. It sucks if I'm not. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 5:47:27 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
yeah, I don't think I've ever seen Beeg as emotional over a fic before AND still loving it.

I already knew I liked your writing when I read A Real Man, but Turbulence and 9Cs brought you to another level (to me). What I like about 9Cs was you took young teens and made their story believable, but still romantic within the bounds and context of their life. I don't think that made sense, but I can tell you I was hesitant when I first realized how old Clary was. You quickly wiped away any hesitation I had and immersed me in her life, her situation, her Jace.

I honestly almost hate talking about how much I'm enjoying your story because it's getting so hyped up. But... just can't not comment when others do.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 5:48:31 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
@Jolyn: nope, the first thread started by Smut Mommy will be there. Thank goodness

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 6:12:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2013 6:25:07 PM PST
MBAButterfly says:
Is Game of a Player finished?

Awwww, a new thread. I'm getting verclempt...Is that how you spell it?

Mercered! Glad you and Jace are doing better! Missed you!

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 6:14:25 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
oh dear, we've gone Yiddish! verklempt! HAHAHA

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 6:18:26 PM PST
bklvr says:
Read: I knew Clary's age would be a hard limit for some people, but in order for certain plot points to work, she had to be that age. You know what I'm talking about.

And, to be honest, Turbulence and 9Cs are my "testing myself" fics. Turbulence was my first ever non-paranormal/fantasy story, and 9Cs is my first "unpopular topic" fic. Lots of my readers from CC and Turb bailed on 9Cs . A lot of people don't want to read teen pregnancy stories. I knew that going into this. I'm okay with it. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 6:25:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2013 6:37:31 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Bk-
I'm done.
You legend, you. Things are making sense now:Annika. I wondered wth that was about in the beginning. I think you've already got this whole story planned out. Is Maia is gonna suffer? Like REALLY suffer? Like, can someone smash her jaw in? Please? Stephen: don't like him. I might forgive him if he has a frikkin good reason for doing what he did.

SmutMom-
Your'e a bloody genius for starting the initial ff thread here.

Read-
Can you think of the most emotionally draining book (apart from this one) that Bk can read so that she can find her emotional space/mood to update 9Cs? And what other story of bk's did you say I should read next? It's 4.23am here in SA. I look and feel like crap, my iPad is burning up but I'm too worked up to sleep

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 6:34:10 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Oh crap, see this face and this blurb.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hurt-Tabitha-Suzuma/dp/184941520X

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 6:36:08 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
@Beeg: girl, you need to get some sleep. btw, did you see Secrets by akasha updated? I'm dying to read it, but I just can't.

No, I don't want to rec anything like that just in case it make her take a wrong turn somewhere for 9Cs.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 6:38:53 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Read-
I didn't get an alert about Secrets! Where is it again? Diff forest?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 6:39:31 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
oOoOo! I know that author. ddpjclaf wrote a o/s for the book Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. Have you read it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 6:39:43 PM PST
bklvr says:
Beeg: OMG! I'm so proud of you! I'm half done with the next chapter. In regards to Maia...sometimes brats get their comeuppance, but sometimes they don't. And I don't think Stephen's reasons will be "good enough" for anyone (they're not for me). What matters, I think, is if Jace can forgive him. And if he can't, that's okay too.

If you need an angst break of my fics, try Covert Casanova. It's very different.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 May 2, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
Romance with aliens that actually look like aliens 1976 13 minutes ago
Dear Book Buying Confessional (and other topics) part 2 489 15 minutes ago
The Dedicated JD Robb "In Death" series discussion thread 2100 49 minutes ago
Romance books with heroine that is loved by hero's family/friends? 0 52 minutes ago
Biker Romance Part 2 6830 1 hour ago
Free Today Third Edition 2985 1 hour ago
MOC but... 3 3 hours ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 4028 3 hours ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 4169 4 hours ago
Worst Betrayal Ever!!! 2 692 6 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  97
Total posts:  7183
Initial post:  Jan 26, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 20, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 42 customers

Search Customer Discussions