Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now DOTD
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Lonely hero/hero who's never known love falls madly in love with heroine (contemporary)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-73 of 73 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 30, 2012 4:57:12 AM PST
Jill says:
Your welcome Blitz! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 6:07:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 1:47:12 AM PST
Bling says:
The Texan's Wager (The Wife Lottery) by Jodi Thomas - It's a western contemporary but I loved it! Carter is again a very, very quiet and TOTAL loner hero who's never known love (I think he speaks his first word to his wife 4-5 days AFTER he's married her lol!). He's awesome and so gentle!

ETA: I meant historical, not contemporary! Damn.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 6:28:41 AM PST
Tammi says:
I would love to read Beast, but not sure I want to spend the money. Is it really good and hot or just soso?

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 11:53:36 AM PST
Ikie says:
I read The Wife Lottery series about 5 years ago and loved them all but The Texan's Wager was the one that I still will pick up and re-read. I just adore Carter! I really don't read very many westerns but pick this one up at a 2nd hand book store as part of a package deal and was hooked, couldn't put it down, and as soon as I finished it I went back to the book store and was able to purchase the rest in the series. H absolutely fits this thread!

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 3:00:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 3:02:38 PM PST
LTR says:
Blitzkrieg, I just ordered Jodi Thomas' Texan's Wager but I haven't started it yet. Did you mean to say its a western historical? I don't typically read historical books but this series was highly recommended and got great reviews so I thought I'd given a try. Seems like a great concept for a book series.

ETA: I highly recommend Beast. I liked how they became friends over time and then progressed into being lovers. I've re-read it a few times since I got it a few weeks ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 3:21:33 PM PST
Lucy says:
I read Beast a few weeks ago too after seeing it on another thread. Strangely I didn't really love the writing style but still thought it was a really good read. The story is sweet and I agree with LovesToRead, it was nice how they built up to being lovers, although you don't have to wait until the end to get some between the sheets action. As for hot, there are plenty of scenes, but personally I didn't find them that hot. It all sounds really negative, but it's a great story, I certainly didn't think it was a waste of money.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 3:26:04 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 3, 2012 11:03:44 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 3:30:57 PM PST
Lucy says:
Blue-Phoenix, I would but I'm in Australia & I don't think we can do the whole lending thing. If I was wrong about that, trust me, I would not be sad!

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 3:31:05 PM PST
LTR says:
Blue-Phoenix, I'm happy to loan you Beast. I'm not sure how to do it though, so let me do some research and I'll email it to you!

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 3:38:50 PM PST
LTR says:
Blue Phoenix, Beast is on its way!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 1:48:31 AM PST
Bling says:
LovesToRead, I did mean 'historical'. I'm so sorry!

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 7:34:29 AM PST
D. Arnold says:
Read Defying the Odds (Battered Hearts) and Experimenting with Ed (Human Design, Book One). Both of the Hs were instantly besotted with the h. Both Hs were shy, big hulky guys that didn't speak much, but both hs had no problem seeing that they were in love with them. No angst between the couples and was a nice HEA for all.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 8:29:30 AM PST
River life says:
Unwritten Rules

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 9:33:02 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 9:37:14 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
No self promotion allowed.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 9:43:52 AM PST
Thanks for the education of the rules. This was my first time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 5:56:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 5:57:28 PM PST
A. Cole says:
Could someone spoil Unwritten Rules? The description makes it sound likes he's a serial killer or something.

Thank-you!

(edited to fix book title)

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 4:39:37 AM PST
Amyalissa says:
Unwritten Rules ***SPOILERS***
IIRC he is all broken up because he hit his brother with a car years before. He ends up running away from home and doesn't have contact with his family. Elle and Jonah end up going to visit his family where the brother is still alive but in a wheelchair. The brother is ok with Jonah, but Jonah can't forgive himself.

It's been quite awhile since I read this, so I hope I got this right. Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:14:56 AM PST
blue-phoenix says:
Thanks so much LovestoRead. I got it. Thanks for thinking of it Lucy. :-)

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:16:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 10:17:18 PM PST
Bling says:
Another rec that may fit this thread - The Story of Son by JR Ward, which can be found in the anthology Dead After Dark: WITH "Shadow of the Moon" AND "The Story of Son" A. It's a novella, part of an anthology but it's a really sweet story (some element of PNR). H, who has been literally locked-up by his evil mother for ages, is shy, virgin, intense :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 12:00:55 AM PST
Aussie Girl says:
I Love that short story. I always hope she may incorporate thoses characters into the BDB world...

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 4:37:17 PM PST
I just read The Texan's Wager and Carter is just the sweetest. H. ever. Loved him! I kinda hated Bailee though. Ok, (ducking and covering my head) I REALLY hated Bailee - she was supposed to be some sort of ministering caretaking angel but to me she just seemed like a bossy whiny hypocritical witch COMPLETELY undeserving of the beauty that was Carter. I was actually hoping at one point that Bailee would get shot or run over by the oxen or something so that Carter could be with someone more appreciative. But anyway, here's my question for anyone who's read the rest of them: is it worth it to go on with the rest of the series? Are the rest of the heroines like Bailee?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 5:18:10 PM PST
Drr.Drew says:
can I borrow The Texan's Wager?
my email is: starry188@yahoo.com
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 12 hours ago
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 2691 4 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 4360 5 minutes ago
Dear book buying confessional........ 9764 15 minutes ago
Silhouette Desire - To quote "Touch And Go" - Lets go straight to No.1 2463 17 minutes ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 3927 18 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 389 24 minutes ago
PET PEEVES! Things that make you go Argghhhhhhh! AUTHORS: please kindly note 697 30 minutes ago
h wants the H, but the H is fighting it (historical) 1 40 minutes ago
2016 Favorite Book of the Month and Year Challenge 228 42 minutes ago
"The List" that was spawned by the popular Don't Shoot Me Thread 9320 43 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  73
Initial post:  Nov 23, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions