Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 5, 2011 6:14:44 PM PDT
Carolyn Jewel's Lord Ruin is now 99 cents.

Posted on Apr 6, 2011 8:48:54 AM PDT
Karlyn says:
Knight of Pleasure by Margaret Mallory is now just $1.99

Race to Splendor by Ciji Ware is now $3.89

50 Ways to Hex Your Lover by Linda Wisdom is now FREE

Cottage by the Sea by Ciji Ware is now FREE

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 10:45:30 AM PDT
I know it's not for Kindle, but if anyone is in NYC, I just picked up four new books at the downtown Border on Broadway at 70% off. I'm pretty excited. :) All of the romance is 70% off ($7.99 = $2.40; $6.99 = $2.10).

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 5:31:23 PM PDT
Mary Bellomo says:
Borders are going out of business all over, and they're unloading the inventiry. It's kind of a sad day. I love my Kindle, but I really hope ebooks don't spell the end of print books. Although I fear it may be so.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2011 9:31:42 AM PDT
Agent Scully says:
I recommend Sweet Revenge by Nina Bruhns. It's a great SIM from a few years ago. Now on Kindle for $2.99.

Posted on Apr 8, 2011 12:47:07 PM PDT
Joesoap says:
I got this book in paperback really liked it Fifth Avenue Princess (The Coco Mint Diaries Book 1) but its kinda chic-lit

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2011 12:50:02 PM PDT
Krista Lyn says:
Agent Scully-

Is Sweet Revenge part of a trilogy? If yes, have you read them all? Do they need to be read in order?

Thanks in advance

Posted on Apr 8, 2011 1:21:32 PM PDT
Agent Scully says:
Krista,

It's the 2nd in a loose trilogy. Books 2 and 3 are somewhat related but book 1 seems mostly unrelated IMO. I read Sweet Revenge as a standalone and had no problems at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2011 6:08:20 PM PDT
Krista Lyn says:
Thanks for the info Agent Scully! I just downloaded Sweet Revenge to my kindle.

Posted on Apr 10, 2011 3:23:49 PM PDT
Agent Scully says:
I recommend The Falcon & the Dove by Bonnie Vanak. Enjoyable sheikh/adventure story. Now on Kindle for $2.99.

Posted on Apr 10, 2011 5:01:25 PM PDT
Amethyst says:
I just got a kindle last month, and I've been loading it up... reading anything under 5. and from new authors. A historical romance that recently enjoyed was The Seahawk's Sanctuary by Lynne Marie. I believe she is a debut author and this was just published in Feb. 2011.

Posted on Apr 10, 2011 5:03:12 PM PDT
Amethyst says:
I just got a kindle last month, and I've been loading it up... reading anything under 5. and from new authors. A historical romance that recently enjoyed was The Seahawk's Sanctuary by Lynne Marie. I believe she is a debut author and this was just published in Feb. 2011.

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 2:31:29 PM PDT
Karlyn says:
Almost Perfect (Perfect Trilogy) by Julie Ortolon is now FREE

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 3:22:49 PM PDT
mitzimae says:
Got it....Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2011 4:17:50 PM PDT
B. Smith says:
Her Perfect Revenge (a romantic comedy novel about getting even with a bad boy!)

Im not sure if this has been mentioned but this was a pretty good fast read for me..plus it was .99 :)

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 6:19:41 PM PDT
TravelingGal says:
I recommend Claimed (Brides of the Kindred) by Evangeline Anderson. This is $2.99 because the author is publishing it herself; most of her other books are traditionally published and 2 or 3 times as much.

Claimed is a very steamy sci fi romance and I thought it was excellent.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2011 6:46:07 PM PDT
kari says:
I've gotta stop reading this thread, I have no impulse control! ;-) Thanks TravelingGal, Claimed looks really good!

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 8:42:15 AM PDT
TX Reader says:
Great thread! I'm been following closely and buying. (+:

I have a question, is there a particular day or schedule when new books are posted ? Also, I downloaded Cottage by the Sea for free now it's $8.79. Lord Ruin is now .99 but I bought it for $3.99.

Do prices change daily or on a particular day? How does it work?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2011 9:07:41 AM PDT
TX Reader, I heard that Tuesday is a traditional book release day. That's also when we tend to see the free books available. Non-Tuesday freebies are less common and oftentimes the "indies."

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2011 9:44:02 AM PDT
TX Reader says:
AJ, The Original,

Thanks! I'll mark Tuesday's on my calender. (+:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2011 10:09:08 AM PDT
D. Carrell says:
Absolutely loved Swept Away. Finished it last week! Enjoy!

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 11:23:07 AM PDT
desdecar says:
Thanks to all who recommended Barbara Samuel. She's great, and has quite a few 99 cent Kindle deals. Loved Bed of Spices. I am reading Lucien's Fall right now - great heroine.

I also can't say enough about Marsha Canham - snap up her $2.99 e-books right away, you won't be sorry. Even if you never thought you'd like a pirate romance!

Finally - so bummed I missed the Ciji Ware freebie! I am so curious about Ware's books, and my library doesn't carry them. I should be checking this thread more often, clearly.

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 1:56:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 13, 2011 1:58:34 PM PDT
Free pre-order of Eloisa James's novella A Fool Again: A Novella.

Summary: A Fool Again is the story of Genevieve, who once made a dash to Gretna Greene to marry, but was caught by her father. Now, a few years later, she attends the funeral of her elderly husband (not the man she ran away to marry) and who does she see but The One Who Got Away! Can they make their love work this time around or will Genevieve be A Fool Again?

Edit: I don't know if it's "also GOOD" as stated in the discussion title, but being free is a good start in my books!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2011 2:29:11 PM PDT
Karlyn says:
Thanks AJ!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2011 2:59:05 PM PDT
Agent Scully says:
I recommend The Pagan's Prize by Miriam Minger. Very enjoyable HR set in medieval Russia with hunky hero. Now on Kindle for $2.99.

The author also has others from her backlist listed for 99 cents but I haven't read those so can't vouch personally.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  790
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 196 customers

Search Customer Discussions