Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Free today

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 31, 2011 11:08:06 PM PST
Bonnie Totten , is that a romance????

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 11:10:39 PM PST
I haven't read these books, so I don't know how they are, but I have downloaded them because they sound interesting. Download at your own risk! :)

Male Wanted
Special Delivery (A Romantic Comedy)
The Third Son (Kings of Cardenas) (saw this book recommended a couple of times)
BEASTS~ King Of Vengeance (Beasts Of Forever)
Bound to Love by Sally Clement (it's suppose to be free, but I don't know why the product link keeps showing $0.99, so look up the title if you want to check it out)

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 11:16:54 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 11:17:50 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 8:26:57 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 1, 2012 8:31:11 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 10:06:14 AM PST
Desire Everlasting by Karen Fuller
Talk of the Town by Lisa Wingate (Christian)
Happily Ever Afton by Kelly Curry
Lethal Obsession: Caged by Michele L Montgomery (Erotic M/M)
VITTORIO'S MISTRESS by Kimberly Reeves
Dahlia's Music by Caitlyn Quick
Eulogy's Secret (The Huntley Trilogy) by Grace Elliott
Snatched by Vijaya Schartz

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 10:32:11 AM PST
The Beholder by Leonore Elliott
Jenna's Cowboy: A Novel (The Callahans of Texas) by Sharon Gillenwater
Flames of Prophecy by Judith Pittman (mostly historical with fantasy and romance)
The Witness by Dee Henderson (well-known Christian/inspirational suspense author)
DREAM LOVER by Kimberley Reeves
A Perfect Duet by Jennifer Malin

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 10:36:00 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 1, 2012 3:45:35 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 10:42:21 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 1, 2012 3:47:09 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 11:52:34 AM PST
Gunspurs says:
PH18,

Are you the author or friend/relative of the author?

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 1:00:22 PM PST
Here is another one for free....
Relatively Famous

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 1:25:54 PM PST
I bet he is

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 1:41:40 PM PST
Sam says:
Thank you PH18 for recommending a book. Welcome to the discussion group. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 1:56:31 PM PST
Ridley says:
Why are you rolling out the welcome mat to an obvious spammer?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 2:17:50 PM PST
Sam says:
Why does someone on the discussion group, an Amazon user, get to decide who an "obvious spammer" is? I posted on a group once and because I didn't word my post right, I got jumped. I'm tired of everyone being the Amazon Police, and deciding without any way to prove their accusation that they are right. Not a great way to encourage new people to add to the discussion. If someone suspects someone is a "spammer", report them or ignore them. Instead it becomes a side discussion, within the discussion groups.
Does anyone really think an author posting anonymously or who has asked their friend to post is going to answer the question with, "Oops, you caught me! Sorry!"?
And if it is someone being helpful? Way to welcome them to the group.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 3:04:32 PM PST
Ridley says:
For someone so obviously new to the forum, you sure have a lot of strong opinions on what we should be doing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 3:09:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2012 3:10:57 PM PST
That person is so obviously a shill, it's painful. That's why an amazon user gets to decide they are an obvious spammer.

PH18 has a completely blank profile, with just one review. And yep, that one review just so HAPPENS to be by the same author he/she managed to pimp, twice, back to back.

And it us amazon users who are tired of being pimped to, and even sicker of authors and/or their friends and family pretending to be some "dazzled reader" who somehow found the diamond in the rough of self pubbed authors.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 3:18:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2012 3:21:14 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
I agree that if someone is a real poster, then apologies are due, and are not always given. I've seen this happen many times, and that's when I, too, resent the 'spam police.'

But...

Sam, I think that you are new to posting on these forums and are not aware of the huge battle(s) that occurred before Amazon finally stepped in to acknowledge the monstrous problem that self-promoters had become.

After Amazon banned authors from advertising on the fora and gave them their very own place, the authors began recruiting friends/fans and even going so far as to create alternate identities to sneak in their 'spamming.' Very sneaky, and just as unwelcome. Those spamming posters would be called 'sock puppets.'

I'm sorry that it annoys you that readers who clearly care about the quality of the discussions here jump in, but it truly is only due to their diligence that there are as few 'spams' as there are.

If you dislike the 'spam police' efforts on the romance forum, there are several other forums without such effort going on, and of course, authors still continue to bombard those readers. Of course, the postings in those fora are considerably less as a result, as well.

edited for: usual typos, etc...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 3:21:35 PM PST
Sam says:
New to this discussion, but an avid Amazon user. And really, why not just report them? Asking them "are you a writer?", really?

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 3:39:43 PM PST
Tara says:
This thread has gone to heck with all the spammers and ignorance on how to avoid and get rid of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 3:45:59 PM PST
Ridley says:
Have you ever read The Dispossessed? It offers an anarchist utopia as part of the story. When someone from the capitalist planet asks Shevek, the main character, why people in his anarchist world would do any work at all if they didn't have to, he replies that those sorts of people don't last very long in a town. When others start to feel someone's not doing his part, they'd shame him or run him out of town.

This forum is basically an anarchy. Yes Amazon runs it and has a few rules, but they manage it with such a light hand that it hardly matters. As a result, the posters govern it by committee. There's nothing stopping you from giving spammers the benefit of the doubt, and not a whole hell of a lot stopping sockpuppets from doing their thing, but the majority of posters here don't go for it. You won't get banned, but the people will shame you for violating the social contract we've agreed on.

Our spammer hunt is like the townspeople running a layabout out of town. It may not be an official rule enforced from on high, but this is how we do things here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 4:12:38 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Tara -

'This too, shall pass.'

This is a small spillover from another thread. Roll with it. It'll soon be over and we'll be back ON TOPIC.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 4:31:45 PM PST
Sam says:
HJ,
You and I posted at the same time, mine was not a response to yours. My problem is the mean, rude way people respond to others. New to the forums? Yep. But I've read tons of them, and the rudeness is out of control. Know how to judge "spammers", no, and your insight was helpful.
Ridley,
You rank right up there with the rude folks. Feels good to slam other people and make yourself feel like a big important person? You calling other people names is just what I was talking about. And if you think YOU can shame someone? Riggghhhtttttttt. Try being helpful instead.
And I apologize for how long this has gone on.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 4:53:00 PM PST
YepIt'sBecky says:
Sam,

I know the feeling, I've been a lurker on these forums since I purchased my first kindle two years ago. I rarely ever leave book reviews and though there are a lot of books that I've enjoyed reading I pause at recommending them, because like you I find the aggressive nature they attack those that they deem as sock puppets is like a frenzy of sharks that has smelled blood.

It really does cause those that are new here to not want to participate, shoot I rarely participate because of it. But such is life.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 5:00:35 PM PST
P Gallegos says:
Dang it Ridley I thought that was a free romance book! Should've read the rest of the post before I clicked on the link :)
Keep the free books coming book lovers!!! I've downloaded a few suggestions already that I'm excited to read.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  734
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 8, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 261 customers

Search Customer Discussions