Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Books similar to Fifty Shades of Grey and Fifty Shades Darker....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 7:00:17 PM PDT
Lisa says:
christine: check you email...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 8:24:51 PM PDT
C. Fox says:
Thank you Lisa. Got it, read it. Need to buy my own copy now:)

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 8:42:17 PM PDT
C. Fox says:
@athenadsb, I think I correctly took it out of my library, so if you want to loan it out again, I think you should be able to.

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 9:37:09 PM PDT
Omg! I loved these books so much....I can't stop thinking about these books... They consumed my life for 3 weeks. Trying to read another book and I just can't get into it. Want them to be Ana and christian! Going to look into beautiful disaster tho thanks...Maybe she will surprise us all with another book...to continue to story....I would love it!

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 12:38:39 AM PDT
thanks c fox

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012 10:30:22 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 23, 2012 11:48:28 AM PDT]

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 12:06:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 28, 2012 12:14:16 PM PDT
maria cahill says:
I loved 50 shades. Read all three books in less then 2 weeks.If anyone knows a book comparable please let me know.

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 8:37:49 AM PDT
T. Bruss says:
I would LOVE anyone that could get me a copy of "Insufferable Proximity" I was reading it as a fanfic, but didn't get to finish. Anyone? Anyone?? taraeliz at hotmail dot com.

Thanks!!

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 1:05:43 PM PDT
S.Wesley says:
Speaking of how people see it as romance and change vs. BDSM, It's interesting how much my opinion of the Fifty Shades books changed after a re-read...

I *almost* threw the iPad , oh about FIFTY ;) times during the first 3/4th of the first book. Not because of the subject matter. That was hot, but because Ana was making me insane. In fact, I stopped reading it altogether after reading the review at Smart Bitches, but I could NOT stop thinking about Christian. So I reluctantly began again and, well, I still can't stop thinking about Christian, lol.

But since starting a re-read, I see him and her so differently because I know the character arcs. Now his swift mood changes all make sense, where the first time around, I honestly felt Ms. James was just stuffing in moody filler. It's actually just as sexual, if not more so, but more romantic to me on the re-read, because I *know* what's going through Christian's head this time, instead of just Ana's POV.

As far as the sex goes, for me she nailed it, no question. Just enough mild D/s and bondage without crossing into S/M. I love the tied up by a forceful man thing...le sigh.

Anyhow, please keep up reccs for me ladies. I'm always looking for an angsty, overprotective, Alpha, dominant hero. Kinky F***ery is a bonus.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2012 3:09:02 PM PDT
Nicole M says:
sorry to intrude on your post but do you think you could possibly send me a copy of insufferable proximity as well? My email is heyitsnicki@gmail.com

Thank you thank u !

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2012 3:41:06 PM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
Books are only lendable one time.

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 3:41:23 PM PDT
Nicole M says:
I haven't thoroughly throw myself into a trilogy like 50 Shades in forever. Ive pretty much gone through the entire 6 pages on this thread and written down titles of books that people say are SOMEWHAT similar but not completely as amazing as Ana and Christian. I'm reading about the whole debacle between the romance and the whole BDSM and I do agree. I agree that it wasnt really the BDSM that did it for me. It took everything to another BETTER level but it wasn't what brought me in and intrigued me. If anyone knows of any similar titles feel free to let me know! I'm doing tons of research and jotting things down but I really need a new title to throw myself into and nothing feels sufficient! Please Help!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2012 6:52:55 PM PDT
How did you find this book? I can't seem to find it online.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2012 7:02:10 PM PDT
Bitchie says:
It was pulled for "editing", ie, lots of people complained in their reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2012 7:40:18 PM PDT
I read FS as a fanfiction - the ones that come closest for me are "The Submissive" and "The Dominant" (one told from Edward's point of view, one from Bella's). They are by tarasueme. Again, except for the names, nothing like Twilight. Amazingly hot fics!

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 1:14:31 AM PDT
S.Wesley says:
I just downloaded the tarasueme FFics. We shall see if Domward gives Fifty a run for his money.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2012 7:39:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 30, 2012 9:43:05 AM PDT
B.E. Love says:
Whitney(or anyone else please) can you send me both I have a new laptop and don't have the fanficdownloader on it yet. my

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 7:40:27 AM PDT
MBAButterfly says:
I'd like them as well please! :) mbabutterfly@hotmail.com

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 7:42:19 AM PDT
There is also a third book after The Submissive and The Dominant, call The Training. It was a pretty good read. Reminded me a lot of Fifty.

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 7:45:43 AM PDT
B.E. Love says:
ok can I ask for the Training aswell

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 7:46:40 AM PDT
MBAButterfly says:
Me too! <----copycat :)

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 7:47:13 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 30, 2012 9:24:33 AM PDT]

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 7:50:43 AM PDT
B.E. Love says:
haha MBA I almost put(in my last post) and MBA too

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 8:05:23 AM PDT
MBAButterfly says:
B.E. yeah, we might we well start doing that with our posts. lol We always want the same stuff anyway :)

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 8:15:23 AM PDT
B.E. Love says:
ok so we'll be Siamese twins what I want you want, what you want I want
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  511
Total posts:  2394
Initial post:  Oct 16, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 12, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 102 customers

Search Customer Discussions