Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Physical turn-offs in a Hero

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 176 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 23, 2012 2:18:39 AM PDT
Tippi says:
Funny, I was nicknamed after Tippi Hedren, hence my name. And I love Sean Connery and his sexy body hair too! So much for my not going off topic again. Gary Cooper was also very sexy and Lanky. I have every book about him I could get my hands on. Happy readings.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 8:40:40 AM PDT
MovieLover says:
Hello "I Read Romance,"

I too read what's on the page (usually an HR book) & at times adjust hero or heroine's age or
hair color, or height, or body type in my mind. But I can't adjust his/ her personality, so then
have choice to cease reading book, or hope it gets better. Am almost finished w/an HR where
the hero is kind (so refreshing!!) but no pushover. Love how he appreciates complex heroine.
She's disabled- he shows her she can have a life, even though her crazy/ controlling mother
told her otherwise. Sees she's worth 100 of most the young women he knows. Yummy hero!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 6:07:37 PM PDT
P Gallegos says:
Ha I didn't like lanky or even "lean" I usually like my Hero's to be buff, and described as more filled out but u know who has a lean look and has turned hawt? Joseph Gordon Levitt. I grew up seeing him on tv shows, movies, and he was always kind of goofy adorable, but then in Inception? I was like wait, what??? Then Dark Knight Rises -yum and he just hosted SNL and if u get a chance to see his opening monologue?? It's like daaayyuuuummmm! Me likey his lean look.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2012 7:01:50 PM PDT
>>> I really hate when they talk about his "long black lashes that women would be envious of." <<<

I agree... but I really am jealous. Dx

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2012 7:03:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2012 7:03:39 PM PDT
I am into the lean look, so... I totally melted when I saw Joseph Gordon-Levitt. *drools* I've never had big celeb crushes, haha.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 9:15:03 AM PDT
ambrosia says:
I agree. I had a college boyfriend who had eyelashes like that. They definitely did not make him more attractive to me. If anything, they looked a little effeminate. Not a turn on! LOL.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 4:07:29 PM PDT
Lord Rose says:
I have to say that I actually like long eyelashes on a guy. (Even if they are longer than mine. *sigh*)

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 4:24:06 PM PDT
Traveladdie says:
Long hair or tattoo

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 8:34:29 AM PDT
SAB says:
I do not like the word "lanky" to describe the hero, to me...a total turn off. Also, when the hero's hair is long.....and I mean long...like down his back. No thanks! I'll take..."curling at the nape of his neck" anyday.

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 3:08:49 PM PDT
Found in book today - long fingernails. "H", and I use that term loosely, plays harp and little else, thus the long nails.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 3:43:27 PM PDT
Lord Rose says:
Crystal- What book is it? I'm curious now <G> I don't believe I've ever come across a hero with long nails or one that plays harp.

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 4:21:07 PM PDT
Mistress of the Waters (Love Spell) That seems to be his vocation - sit on the bank and imagine music, playing from time to time.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 12:11:30 PM PDT
Meowmix101 says:
Here are my automatic turn off for my heros:

Bald
Mustaches/beards (I don't mind stubble tho)
Crooked teeth
plump lips (sorry, it just doesn't bring to mind a pleasant image for me lol)

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 4:41:10 AM PDT
KimS_InFL says:
Oh gosh.... long fingernalils on the H ! That would be an absolute automatic turn-off for me - YUCK !!

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 4:56:49 PM PDT
T. Smith says:
There is a guy here locally that plays guitar. He is VERY good. He has acrylic fingernails on his right hand.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 5:02:44 PM PDT
They make picks for that... I still do not want my H to have long fingernails.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 4:54:18 AM PDT
Sires says:
Haven't read the whole thread but here's a couple I can't stand on any men much less heroes-- wispy goatees, "soul patches"-- for some reason they really gross me out, and bad tattoos, which includes 98% of all of the tattoos I have ever seen on people in real life. There's nothing worse than trying to talk to someone seriously about something and realizing that their tattoo is misspelled. Of course authors are not going to describe their heroes' tattoos as ugly, but it's hard to imagine them as attractive with so few real life examples.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 9:07:08 AM PDT
facial piercings are a turn off for me. eyebrow piercings especially.

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 7:07:16 AM PDT
I agree about facial piercings, but I think nose piercings are the worst.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 1:00:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2012 1:02:03 PM PDT
Rita Reader says:
A vandyke beard. I hate that. I almost stopped reading a Gaelen Foley book for that, but fortunately she had him shave it in the middle of the book! And don't go on and on about how well endowed the hero is in the penis department please! We get it, the virgin can't believe it will fit. Move on already.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 1:09:16 PM PDT
Home Fried says:
Yeah, I can't think of a time where I have found a vandyke beard attractive. It's feels more cartoonish to me than sexy. I like a dude with facial hair, but only the average styles (goatees, mustaches, shaved beards). I can't stand soul patches. They're like moles to me.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 1:53:35 PM PDT
G. Vo says:
This thread is fun! I know this is controversial but I find blonde hair on men not that attractive, whenever the author mentions the hero's glorious golden hair, I reword that mentally to tall dark and handsome =D

Also, mustaches, beards, pelt-like chest hair (some is fine, just not like a small animal), and baldness.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 3:03:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 3:56:32 PM PDT
ambrosia says:
You're not the only one. I'm a brunet fan too. My favorite is dark brown hair and piercing blue eyes. Though green or brown eyes are good too.

Ditto on the excess hair.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 3:50:24 PM PDT
G. Vo says:
completely agree! that combo is to die for - dark hair and blue eyes. wish there were more of those 'in the wild'

What is it with dark-haired men? Aside from Ryan Gosling, Alexander Skarsgard, young Brad Pit & young Leo, I usually don't find blond men attractive. Guys like Richard Armitage & Henry Cavill are so much hotter & seem more mysterious, intense, seductive, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 5:30:03 PM PDT
what was the name of the book?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  80
Total posts:  176
Initial post:  Sep 14, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions