Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Plus Sized Reads

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 23, 2011 11:11:57 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 23, 2011 11:22:08 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 3:09:24 PM PDT
Jamie Garton says:
Avid, why did you delete? I read it in my email and you are right. I haven't read the Sookie boks since they first came out so I don't really remember how they described Sookie. I do however think that a size 12 is not plus sized. I might need to pick up the first book again just to see if I can remember it.

I read Cop's Passion this weekend. Adored it! Cop's Passion (Big Girls Lovin')
Check it out, it's the second in the series and just as enjoyable as the first one, Doctor's Delight (Big Girls Lovin')

Anyways, back to reading. Happy Sunday

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 3:30:41 PM PDT
avidprreader says:
@ Jamie: Sorry, I deleted the post because when I checked my facts later, I was wrong. Got my PNR's mixed up. Sookie is average height (about 5'5) and the size she refers to certainly is not plus sized (I believe it's a 10). For some reason, I thought she was closer to 5 feet and a size 12. Oops. I think she came to mind because I remember appreciating her talking about the fact that she isn't in perfect shape (having a rounded vs. flat belly). D

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2011 7:33:55 PM PDT
Aussie says:
have to pop in here. Thanks for this, I'm going to check him out also!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2011 3:39:08 PM PDT
Thanks for the tip on the Big Girls Lovin series. I read Cops Passion last nite til some ungodly hour, tonite its the doctors turn! Its nice to find a BBW story where the heroine is actually more than a size 12. I also like the fact that the man may like a bigger woman, but that mostly he just likes HER. Takes away the ick factor of fetishism, for me anyway.

Being plus-sized myself (usually about a 26), its very affirming to read stories like these. My DH is 6'4" with arms like a gorilla, and I feel positively dainty next to him, so I also really enjoy that aspect of these stories. Any suggestions for more books like this would be appreciated.

KesterGayle

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 5:23:14 AM PDT
Nancy Lee says:
You can also browse books that have been tagged "plus size romance" by other Amazon.com readers: http://www.amazon.com/tag/plus size romance/ (250 and counting!) There is also a plus size romance discussion forum -- it hasn't been very active, but it exists: http://www.amazon.com/forum/plus size romance/ Also try doing a google search for "dangerously curvy novels"

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 4:33:44 PM PDT
KES says:
I started compiling a wish list of books with plus-sized heroines, which you can find here: https://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/J5U61UOIT30Y/ref=cm_pdp_wish_title_1. It's at about 340 items right now.

I have also organized them into Listmania lists. Here's a list of what I've got so far. As I read them, I add a blurb about the plot and my take on the story.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A88USYRFGDUTK?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp

- Contemporary Romances: BBW - Curvy and Romantic - List 1
- Contemporary Romances: BBW - Curvy and Romantic - List 2
- Contemporary Romances: BBW - Curvy and Romantic - List 3
- Contemporary Romances: BBW - Curvy and Romantic - List 4
- Historical Romances: BBW - Curvy and Victorian - List 1
- Historical Romances: BBW - Curvy and Victorian - List 2
- Paranormal Romances: BBW - Curvy and Nibbled
- Erotic Romances: BBW - Curvy and Sexy - List 1
- Erotic Romances: BBW - Curvy and Sexy - List 2
- Mysteries: BBW - Curvy and Mysterious - List 1
- Mysteries: BBW - Curvy and Mysterious - List 2
- Thought-Provoking: BBW - Curvy and Thoughtful - List 1
- Thought-Provoking: BBW - Curvy and Thoughtful - List 2

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 6:26:10 PM PDT
Pomma says:
This one is free right now, so if you want it you should get it before it goes back to $4.99.

Claim Me (Erotica An erotic menage suspense novel)Claim Me (Erotica An erotic menage suspense novel)

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 6:50:39 PM PDT
Thanks so much for doing that kt_simms, I am going to have to go through all the lists.

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 7:03:18 PM PDT
Me says:
@ kt_Simms I have enjoyed so many good reads due to your list. Thanks for being so organized

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 7:17:24 PM PDT
Pomma says:
Yes Thank You kt_Simms...! I lost my connection as I was posting, then got side tracked by the phone...*S* Thank you for the list. I can't wait to check them out...*S*

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2011 4:58:15 PM PDT
Jamie Garton says:
Amazing!!!Thanks for sharing this

Posted on Oct 31, 2011 9:40:50 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 7, 2011 4:23:25 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2011 2:48:45 PM PDT
Betsy D. says:
LOVED Cop's Passion!! I will have to read the first one. Will there be more??

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2011 1:03:24 AM PDT
Since you live in Australia, do you have suggestions for interesting aussie authors or books about Australia that you have enjoyed? Any genre, even non-fiction. Way back when, it seemed I was reading all kinds of books that had aussie connections, but I haven't seen much in several years. I love to read, and am always looking for new ideas. Thanks!

KesterGayle

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2011 7:49:15 AM PDT
I just wish they updated the special title section more! I have been reading it for years.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2011 7:45:58 PM PDT
Shell says:
dianne blacklock is a Sydney writer. some of her books are Call Waiting, Wife for Hire, Almost Perfect, False Advertising, Crossing Paths, Three's a Crowd

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 4:04:18 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 2, 2011 4:05:00 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2011 5:16:39 AM PDT
thanks, Michelle! I'll check them out. Are there any paranormal writers in this bunch? That's my current favorite genre.

KesterGayle

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011 4:28:14 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Feb 15, 2013 3:43:40 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 4:30:21 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Feb 15, 2013 3:43:46 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 8:22:50 AM PDT
Leeann Burke says:
I loved BET ME. The only other suggestion I have is Conversations with the Fat Girl. I truly enjoyed that book.

Leeann

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 1:16:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2011 1:17:27 PM PDT
KES says:
I'll post reviews this weekend and update my lists with blurbs about the books, but I wanted to recommend these two books for anyone else who is into romantic erotica. Both heroines are size 16/18.

Stripped Bare: Joker's Wild, Book 3 - You remember the first time you read a romance novel? It was probably sedate (if you stole it from your mom (or aunt like me)), but did you find yourself grinning like an idiot just because it seemed so intimate to you at that time? That's exactly what this book was like for me - I was reading while getting a touchup at the salon and the stylists kept asking what I was reading - and it was a total shocker given that this was listed as erotica. The hero is a 30-something professor who was a special ops officer in the Navy or something like that. The heroine is working her way through school at 26 and was in his class until the semester recently ended. This book, for me, had it all... a slightly dangerous, slightly possessive, handsy hero, a mouthy but shy-about-her-weight heroine, a whole lot of sexy banter, and a couple of girlfriends (from previous books) that are supportive and maybe a little crazy. It is explicit, but it's the parts outside of the proverbial bedroom that made this book so great to me.

Faire Dreamer (Siren Publishing Menage Amour) - Ever wanted two men to pretty much just worship your body because they love your sexy curves? Well, in this book, that's what one plump accountant finds when she meets her friend at the local Renaissance Faire. I suppose it's because of the Ren Faire setting (which is where they meet but it doesn't all happen there), but this story felt like a fantasy put into words. I loved that the two heroes are aggressive but also gentle and vulnerable at times too. Suddenly, being a wench doesn't seems so bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011 7:29:04 PM PDT
thanks for the tip on the website. I'll look into it. btw, Gayle is fine. Michael is my DH letting me spend a little time and money on his account! LOL

KesterGayle

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 1:47:31 PM PST
KES says:
For anyone interested, A Soldier's Woman (The Beginnings Series) by Ava Delany is FREE today. Below is the product description.

Janelle spent her high school years and beyond fantasizing about Ron. Now, thanks to a game of spin the bottle, her fantasy is becoming reality. Prequel to The Soldier's Return.

Janelle was a chubby and awkward teen in love with the most popular guy from her high school. She's in college now, and her heart still can't let him go even though he's heading off to the army and out of her life. Janelle has once last chance to see him again, but he'd never give her the time of day... would he? When she finds herself drawn into a game of spin the bottle with the man of her dreams, she finds out how wrong she is.

Ron admires Janelle as much for her spunk as he always has for her well-endowed figure. And when the sweetly shy girl shows her wild side, he can't think of anything other than possessing her--mind, body, and soul.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
4 Mar 13, 2015
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
115 6 days ago
Outlander 656 13 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #4 2633 24 minutes ago
Loan Me Thread V. 6 6776 51 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 5 3037 53 minutes ago
Biker Romance Part 2 3536 1 hour ago
Hero thinks the Heroine is dead...but she isn't 48 1 hour ago
Free Today Second Edition 6773 2 hours ago
BBA (a.k.a Books Are Not Babies) 8821 2 hours ago
*** Coffee Shop - Let's Chat About Life And Our Books, Both Current And Planning To Read, All In The Name Of Living HEA *** 7937 2 hours ago
Husband is having a "midlife crisis" and leaves wife 638 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  231
Total posts:  1563
Initial post:  May 29, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 7, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 86 customers

Search Customer Discussions